Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18

Author Topic: DFize - opensource 3D visualizer - 0.1.5 (updated 2010-08-09)  (Read 34497 times)

turboferret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFize - Realtime visualizer (Dwarven spacesim?)
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2010, 07:13:51 am »

Updated http://www.fize.se/dfize/files/dfize-0.1.0.zip. If it still fails to launch with "This application has failed to start because msvcp100d.dll was not found" or similar you might not have the latest C++ redistributable. You can get it from Microsoft here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9b2da534-3e03-4391-8a4d-074b9f2bc1bf&displaylang=en.

Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2010, 10:43:37 am »

I still get the same error and I do hve the c++ 2008 redistribute. I reinstalled it anyways though just to make sure and the error persists.

Im on an i7 with 12gigs of ram running vista 64. I wonder if it isnt a vista 64 problem?

Also, I have no problem running any of the other DFHack utilities.

Dont spend too much time on it, I am sure as the project proceeds the problem will iron it's self out.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2010, 05:00:00 pm »

Not working for me either. I'm using Windows 7 64-bit. All the DF Hack stuff works for me just fine though. Maybe it's not being able to find the file? I'll try installing the program where the dll is located.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

turboferret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2010, 05:01:30 pm »

Not working for me either. I'm using Windows 7 64-bit. All the DF Hack stuff works for me just fine though. Maybe it's not being able to find the file? I'll try installing the program where the dll is located.
Think I got it. The C++ runtime needed is the 2010 version. You can get it here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a7b7a05e-6de6-4d3a-a423-37bf0912db84&displaylang=en

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2010, 05:06:04 pm »

Alright that worked, now I just need to figure out the controls. I clicked on a stair and it disappeared... why?
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2010, 05:12:03 pm »

First thing you need to do is make wall, ramp, and stair textures, not just letters. Then move on to furniture and environment. Last thing to do would be make dorfs.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Oglokoog

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERNET_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2010, 05:13:22 pm »

Also, obligatory native Linux version request.
So we got monsters above, monsters below, dwarves in the middle and a party in the dining hall. Sounds good to me.
If all else fails, remember one thing:  kittens are delicious, nutritious little goblin-baiters, cavern explorers, and ambush-finders.

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2010, 05:21:09 pm »

First thing you need to do is make wall, ramp, and stair textures, not just letters. Then move on to furniture and environment. Last thing to do would be make dorfs.
this. a visualizer is supposed to help get around the poor graphics of DF. Don't take the same shortcuts.
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

Toast024

• Bay Watcher
  • Goes good with jam or butter.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2010, 05:22:15 pm »

Gonna wait till this is a tad bit more developed till I download. I am going to keep and eye on this, it looks great.
The learning curve of the df forums should be equal to that of df itself.

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2010, 06:13:07 pm »

This project certainly has a lot of potential. Posting to follow.
Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.

turboferret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2010, 05:21:39 am »

New version out. See op.

Sizik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2010, 12:07:25 pm »

This is awesome.

Ramps seem to be bugged, though. They're solid blocks.
Skyscrapes, the Tower-Fortress, finally complete!
Skyscrapes 2, repelling the zombie horde!

turboferret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2010, 12:24:49 pm »

This is awesome.

Ramps seem to be bugged, though. They're solid blocks.
Just noticed that. They're up next.

Trigonous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2010, 12:52:11 pm »

This is awesome.  Usually I just use the 3D viewers to check out terrain, so I don't mind the placeholders for now.  Brilliant!
So of all the things you can do in DF, it's the fractal artifacts that make you think dwarves are crazy.

Never mind the magma falls, the atom smashers, the cog-and-axle turing-complete computers, or the colonizing of Hell itself... all those are fine, but man, those recursive artifacts! Where do they get such ideas?

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2010, 12:53:17 pm »

Just saw pictures with the stairs.

I am now officially interested :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18