Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18

Author Topic: DFize - opensource 3D visualizer - 0.1.5 (updated 2010-08-09)  (Read 34500 times)

Trigonous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFize - Realtime visualizer (Dwarven spacesim?)
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2010, 01:00:26 pm »

I'm getting the same MSVCP100.dll error, and I just re-downloaded the C++ 2010 runtime for x64 systems.  I'm using the newest version from the OP, and I also tried an older version linked in the thread.

As an aside, the newest version has far fewer files in the main folder than the older .10 version.

EDIT:  I tried copying the MSVCP100.dll into the DFize folder, and now I'm getting the error "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)"
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 01:04:40 pm by Trigonous »
So of all the things you can do in DF, it's the fractal artifacts that make you think dwarves are crazy.

Never mind the magma falls, the atom smashers, the cog-and-axle turing-complete computers, or the colonizing of Hell itself... all those are fine, but man, those recursive artifacts! Where do they get such ideas?

turboferret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2010, 01:11:17 pm »

I'm getting the same MSVCP100.dll error, and I just re-downloaded the C++ 2010 runtime for x64 systems.  I'm using the newest version from the OP, and I also tried an older version linked in the thread.

EDIT:  I tried copying the MSVCP100.dll into the DFize folder, and now I'm getting the error "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)"

I could be wrong, but as DFize is 32-bit you may have to download the 32-bit version of the runtime. Not sure if the 64-bit version has both.

As an aside, the newest version has far fewer files in the main folder than the older .10 version.
Yeah, I got rid of SDL.dll and Memory-40d.xml as they aren't used. Also moved textures to the data folder.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 01:12:55 pm by turboferret »

Trigonous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2010, 01:20:25 pm »

In my experience the x86 version refuses to install, but I'll try it anyway and let you know how it goes.

EDIT:  That was the missing piece... /facepalm.  Now the only problem is that WASD doesn't seem to do anything...
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 01:32:03 pm by Trigonous »
So of all the things you can do in DF, it's the fractal artifacts that make you think dwarves are crazy.

Never mind the magma falls, the atom smashers, the cog-and-axle turing-complete computers, or the colonizing of Hell itself... all those are fine, but man, those recursive artifacts! Where do they get such ideas?

turboferret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2010, 02:17:27 pm »

In my experience the x86 version refuses to install, but I'll try it anyway and let you know how it goes.

EDIT:  That was the missing piece... /facepalm.  Now the only problem is that WASD doesn't seem to do anything...

Hehe great. Make sure the 3d-view has mouse input, and not any of the GUI-windows ("Dwarfs" and "Settings"). Try clicking anywhere in the 3d-view.

Sizik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2010, 02:36:03 pm »

Try zooming to a random dwarf. You may be stuck in the terrain.
Skyscrapes, the Tower-Fortress, finally complete!
Skyscrapes 2, repelling the zombie horde!

cbpye

• Bay Watcher
  • Nerd Harder
    • View Profile
    • cbpye.net
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2010, 02:43:04 pm »

AWESOME.  Looking forward to watching battles unfold, once dwarves and goblins have proper meshes.

Trigonous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2010, 12:32:56 pm »

Try zooming to a random dwarf. You may be stuck in the terrain.

That was my first thought too, the problem is that after disabling the mouse-look to zoom to a dwarf, I didn't enable it again so I wasn't moving around... >_<

Also, feature request time:  might I please be able to disable gravity/collision so I can just zoom around looking at the terrain?  I do like the dwarf's-eye-view perspective, but I'd also like a giant eagle's-eye-view so I can view the surrounding terrain and pick a good first-dig spot.

turboferret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2010, 01:03:53 pm »

Also, feature request time:  might I please be able to disable gravity/collision so I can just zoom around looking at the terrain?  I do like the dwarf's-eye-view perspective, but I'd also like a giant eagle's-eye-view so I can view the surrounding terrain and pick a good first-dig spot.
Absolutely. New version out soon, with some rampy goodies!

Esa94

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2010, 05:45:22 pm »

O_O

Can has on Linux pl0x?

turboferret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2010, 10:27:05 pm »

New version out! See op.

Lots of ramps and other goodies!

O_O

Can has on Linux pl0x?
I have tried to get dfhack to behave in my project on Linux, but no luck so far. I'll keep at it though.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2010, 10:44:01 pm »

This is really cool, I'd like to keep an eye on this. Also, this is another demand request for native Linux version.

Esa94

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2010, 05:08:16 am »

I have tried to get dfhack to behave in my project on Linux, but no luck so far. I'll keep at it though.
(Everything in) The current dfhack Memory.xml doesn't seem to work with .10 yet, that might be the problem :P

turboferret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2010, 10:39:02 am »

(Everything in) The current dfhack Memory.xml doesn't seem to work with .10 yet, that might be the problem :P
I'll have to try with a lower version then. Cheers.

turboferret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2010, 04:35:27 pm »

Some teasers of what's coming..

Spoiler: A granite staircase (click to show/hide)

spooq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2010, 04:41:45 pm »

Looking good.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18