Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 33

Author Topic: SCP-XXX  (Read 67877 times)

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
SCP-XXX
« on: July 17, 2010, 01:33:03 am »

Anyone familiar with http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com? I started reading it today and WOW... that is some weird stuff. Some pretty cool stuff  in there too.

It's a "wiki" about a (huge) collection of mysterious objects, some are fairly mundane, others... not so much. Some are humanoid/sentient, and vary from "friendly" to "if-it-moves-I-kill-it".

Here's the best one I've come across: SCP-093
(on the surface, it's just a disk with an odd affinity for mirrors, but if a person holds it, they can pass through the mirror, into a seriously weird alternate dimension)
read the test logs in order, then the "recovered materials" page

I have to say, that's by far the most developed "story" in the site (that i've found so far), but there's a fair few "wat?"s to be had.
Another good one (not really a story, but quite amusing) SCP-914's Experiment log
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
Re: SCP-XXX
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 01:40:49 am »

I read it a fair amount.
I believe Strife has too, and a few times when we were bored waiting for Squeegy we did a 2nd rate roleplay.

Now a challenge.
Someone come up with a way to kill 682, but if the next person finds away to logically disprove it they could suggest something else.
I say we introduce some of the extremely disliked GOC agents to it.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 01:48:42 am »

I thought 682 can not be destroyed.

Maybe something that has something like the tooth brush? Or a air drop on to 001?

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 01:53:45 am »

We pour a thousands tons of molten steel on him.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2010, 01:55:59 am »

How? What? Why?

What makes you think something as trifling as that will even hurt him?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2010, 01:56:22 am »

I love SCP. Simply love it.

That is all I can say about it, really.

Someone come up with a way to kill 682, but if the next person finds away to logically disprove it they could suggest something else.
I say we introduce some of the extremely disliked GOC agents to it.
I'd just send 682 into a black hole. Even if 682 doesn't die, he can't escape.

We pour a thousands tons of molten steel on him.
He survived flying into the sun. I doubt that would kill him. And I'm quite sure (even though I haven't read about it) the SCP foundation tried depriving 682 of oxygen.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2010, 01:59:35 am »

Hey, you're not the O5 class here.

Also I remember a report from somewhere about 682 and black holes.
result: Inconclusive. While 682 was successfully launched into the event horizon of a black hole, it eventually reappeared outside the launch center, albeit exhausted and compressed to a much smaller size. Subject was easily subdued and returned to containment while in this state; it recovered soon afterward, and was observed to have a much higher density.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2010, 02:01:26 am »

Why can he not escape from a black hole? He will just evolve to be able to resist its gravity and than fly out like a billion times stronger than ever before.

He is like a Obi wan kenobi (fire fox knows Obi and wan but not kenobi...) that lives up to his promises of getting stronger.

Oh hey look:
result: Inconclusive. While 682 was successfully launched into the event horizon of a black hole, it eventually reappeared outside the launch center, albeit exhausted and compressed to a much smaller size. Subject was easily subdued and returned to containment while in this state; it recovered soon afterward, and was observed to have a much higher density.

Ninja'd

Who?

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2010, 02:04:24 am »

Who?
You did not read enough of the SCP wiki to understand. Or paid attention to some of the logs.
Such as when it says...
Blah blah blah blah ~ Dr. Kondraki/Bright/Clef/Gears/Agent Dmitri Strelinikov/Dr. Rights/ O5-_
You know.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2010, 02:06:43 am »

Oh. I either never read that before or I forgot. Mind if I ask where that is displayed?

Hmmmm...

Shoot him randomly into space in a course that doesn't collide with any galaxy, star, or planet at the speed of light?

Who?
You did not read enough of the SCP wiki to understand. Or paid attention to some of the logs.
Such as when it says...
Blah blah blah blah ~ Dr. Kondraki/Bright/Clef/Gears/Agent Dmitri Strelinikov/Dr. Rights/ O5-_
You know.
You're a O5 class? Really?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2010, 02:08:42 am »

Who?
Such as when it says...
You know.
You're a O5 class? Really?
That, sir, is [REDACTED]

(Also you're asking for where what is displayed?)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2010, 02:10:28 am »

I meant who did you say that too, I (think) I know what a O5 is (they are like the big behind the seen leaders of SCP right?) On the other hand yes I have not read the site much.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2010, 02:11:35 am »

Shit I forgot who I meant that for.
I think I meant it for you and Tarran.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2010, 02:13:28 am »

████████ [REDACTED] with a fish [DATA EXPUNGED]?

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2010, 02:15:27 am »

?
I don't know what you're babbling about the [REDACTED] SCP for so I am sending 25 D-Class agents and a turned GOC agent to contain you for evaluation.
And possible testing.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 33