Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]

Author Topic: What are your fears/phobias?  (Read 18478 times)

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
Re: What are your fears/phobias?
« Reply #300 on: July 20, 2010, 04:23:57 pm »

Dying a virgin.
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 20, 2010, 06:10:09 pm »

Then go fuck something already. It's not like there's a physical "tell" for guys, we're lucky that way. They have no evidence with which to stone us for infidelity.

Except for chlamydia.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 21, 2010, 05:36:03 am »

Moths.

I hate moths. The way they're so frigging suicidal and just fly the hell into everything I don't know why but it creeps me the hell out. A giant one like the size of a bird flew straight into my head while the room was dark and I totally lost my shit.
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 21, 2010, 05:44:37 am »

That reminds me of the bug I fear/hate. Beetles. Not tiny normal beetles. I have no problem with them. However, in my area exists a extremely large species of beetle. I could swear the largest of them had way more than six limbs. No clue what they eat, but the bastards attack my windows at night. By ramming.

As someone who gets insomnia every once in a while, this can turn to a waking paranoia horror show. I know the loud knocks against the glass about a foot away from me and hidden by blinds are just damn beetles, but when I can't sleep for hours, my own mind ends up my enemy.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 21, 2010, 06:18:17 am »

That reminds me of the bug I fear/hate. Beetles. Not tiny normal beetles. I have no problem with them. However, in my area exists a extremely large species of beetle. I could swear the largest of them had way more than six limbs. No clue what they eat, but the bastards attack my windows at night. By ramming.

As someone who gets insomnia every once in a while, this can turn to a waking paranoia horror show. I know the loud knocks against the glass about a foot away from me and hidden by blinds are just damn beetles, but when I can't sleep for hours, my own mind ends up my enemy.

What, cicadas or palmetto bugs?

It's that time of year where you start to find cicada molts clinging to the side of the house, and it gets godawful loud outside at night. Although this year is nothing. NEXT year Brood XIX should hatch, and it's going to be louder than hell around here. Not to mention you'll be dodging 3-inch long bug carcasses everywhere.

EDIT: For those unfamiliar with periodic cicadas, they're rather large insects which spend most of their life as "nymphs" buried a foot or two underground. They are somehow "synchronized" so that every 13 to 17 years (depending on species), they all emerge within a few days of each other, go through a quick metamorphosis to adult, mate like crazy, lay eggs, then die en masse.

And by "all", I mean several hundred thousand per acre. Densities as high as 1.5 million per acre have been observed (>370 per square meter). And they're loud. Individually, it's like a loud vibrating-clicking noise. When you're talking hundreds of thousands of them at the same time, it's like walking *through* a jet engine. I'll have to remember to post some video and audio next year.

A palmetto bug, on the other hand, is basically just a big cockroach. That flies. And runs really, really fast. And likes to hide on the ceiling. Friend of mine (who already had an insect phobia) was sitting watching TV and eating popcorn in a bowl. Palmetto bug apparently had been walking overhead and either lost its grip or smelled the popcorn and decided to relocate itself. Either way, it fell right on top of the popcorn bowl. Hilarity ensued. Suffice it to say, the police arrived because the neighbors thought someone was being brutally murdered, based on the screaming, cursing, pounding and things breaking.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 07:07:57 am by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 29, 2010, 02:24:32 pm »

People who are scared of bugs would hate Florida.

Near the beaches cockroaches are almost a fact of life, no matter how clean you keep the place.

We have flying cockroaches as long as a finger. (palmetto bugs)

Grasshoppers the size of a person's hand.

And I once saw a huge black and yellow spider with a web that could probably catch a squirrel.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 29, 2010, 02:43:47 pm »

God damn that spider is creepy looking. Remind me to never click on a link in the fears/phobias thread.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 29, 2010, 04:50:46 pm »

Asking for help at a store.
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 29, 2010, 06:22:41 pm »

Aw, no need to be afraid of that, Huesoo. Some of us are in stores specifically to help people. Of course, that's only on weekends. If I'm in a store on a weekday, I'm there to chit-chat about the latest and greatest with the employees (read: train them.)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 29, 2010, 07:27:28 pm »

Moths.

I hate moths. The way they're so frigging suicidal and just fly the hell into everything I don't know why but it creeps me the hell out. A giant one like the size of a bird flew straight into my head while the room was dark and I totally lost my shit.
PREACH IT BROTHER.

I think they can smell our fear. Otherwise they wouldn't home precisedly on the people who have a phobia to them.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]