Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 33

Author Topic: SCP-XXX  (Read 67872 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SCP-XXX
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2010, 04:28:57 pm »

Man that is bad. I think I know of a way to destroy it, can I try?

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2010, 04:30:39 pm »

Here's the best one I've come across: SCP-093
Had not seen that one. Very well written, and creepier with every entry.

I like 914, simply because of the variety of what it can do.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2010, 04:32:40 pm »

I don't think I have the clearance to authorize it, but I wouldn't mind hearing your idea.

Here's the best one I've come across: SCP-093
Had not seen that one. Very well written, and creepier with every entry.

I like 914, simply because of the variety of what it can do.

I laughed quite a few times while reading 914's experiment log :)
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2010, 04:34:50 pm »

I don't think I have the clearance to authorize it, but I wouldn't mind hearing your idea.

It is a joke. Get it?

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2010, 04:46:27 pm »

Man I just reread 253 and than Incident I.J77.82. That shit needs to be Keter.
Personally, "Safe" isn't really safe. I mean, with even the smallest amount of improper care a lot of the "Safe" stuff can lead to death. I personally think the "Safe" stuff should be split into two categories: "Safe" and "Caution".

The SCP definition of "safe" is different from the normal definition. An assault rifle would be considered "safe" because you can just not pull the trigger. It means that they can understand it well enough that it's safe as long as its in Foundation custody.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2010, 06:10:33 pm »

They got some nice stuff to think about there.

That sooo-obvious-unicorn-wotsitsnumber is totally lame, in that special emo kind of way, but I like the rest so far. Very much.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2010, 08:59:10 pm »

Man I just reread 253 and than Incident I.J77.82. That shit needs to be Keter.
Personally, "Safe" isn't really safe. I mean, with even the smallest amount of improper care a lot of the "Safe" stuff can lead to death. I personally think the "Safe" stuff should be split into two categories: "Safe" and "Caution".

The SCP definition of "safe" is different from the normal definition. An assault rifle would be considered "safe" because you can just not pull the trigger. It means that they can understand it well enough that it's safe as long as its in Foundation custody.
I know that the SCP foundation's definition of "Safe" is badly screwed up from the normal meaning or "Safe". I just think they need a separate designation for stuff that's "Safe" but can still kill you easily.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2010, 09:02:43 pm »

Everything the Foundation has can kill you. Well, almost everything. I think the safe catagory fits quite well.

Safe-Not a direct threat to humanity.

Euclid-Unknown threat status.

Keter-Direct threat to humanity.

All the bases look covered to me.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2010, 09:08:18 pm »

I like Rincewind's classification system: Things that are trying to kill him and things that aren't. The second list is disturbingly small.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2010, 09:10:54 pm »

Safe: Safe if you do not do the things said in the description or they're just safe. (Such as Cassy.)
Euclid: Basically it is Caution.
Keter: Direct threat to anything at all times.
Decommissioned: Eliminated. See Duke 'Till Dawn for the description of a decommissioning.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2010, 09:40:21 pm »

Here's what I think it should be like:
Safe: Harmless unless you deliberately try to kill yourself or someone else with it.
Caution: Harmless if you leave it alone. But unlike safe, you can kill yourself fairly easily without even trying.
Danger: Can kill yourself easily and/or the SCP can kill you easily.
Threat: Very easy to kill yourself, and/or the SCP can easily and is actively trying to kill you.
Major Threat: Almost impossible to not get killed. And can be a threat to those around even if they are hiding and/or in cover.
Decommissioned: Same.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2010, 09:43:11 pm »

Overly complicated.  Safe/Euclid/Keter gets the job done fine.
Shoes...

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2010, 09:47:31 pm »

Overly complicated.  Safe/Euclid/Keter gets the job done fine.
Problem is though, "Safe" is clearly misleading.

Imagine being an agent for the SCP. Then imagine when someone offers you a job watching something "Safe", do you think "Oh something that won't kill me unless I'm stupid" or "Oh something that's almost completely harmless"? If you think the first then fine, good for you. But think of all the others who think the second and die.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2010, 09:55:12 pm »

Dude, everything in the foundation can kill you, the Safe category is for the SCPs that help, kill only when used by human for a purpose, or when a Researcher forces a D-Class to kill themselves, unknowingly or knowingly.
Basically everything would be Major Threat to Danger status.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2010, 09:59:19 pm »

If you are working for the Foundation, are you really going to trust that somthing classified as "Safe" is really that safe at all? If the Foundation has it at all, it is dangerous to let the public know about in some matter.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 33