Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 33

Author Topic: SCP-XXX  (Read 68353 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: SCP-XXX
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2010, 10:03:26 pm »

If you are working for the Foundation, are you really going to trust that somthing classified as "Safe" is really that safe at all? If the Foundation has it at all, it is dangerous to let the public know about in some matter.
Well, I at least recognize something that someone says as "Safe" as something that can't kill you in a few seconds!

Though... You're right. The foundation is likely so screwed up that "Safe" is actually "Oh my god don't touch it if you value your life".

Dude, everything in the foundation can kill you, the Safe category is for the SCPs that help, kill only when used by human for a purpose, or when a Researcher forces a D-Class to kill themselves, unknowingly or knowingly.
Basically everything would be Major Threat to Danger status.
You've got a point.

But I still stand by my argument. There should be a status for things that don't kill extremely easily. Like that 2d SCP girl.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2010, 10:14:39 pm »

Like I said, "safe" means "safe as long as it's in Foundation custody". Similarly, "Euclid" SCPs are defined as "pulls its own trigger", and Keter is "Will kill you."

A gun is "safe", a wild animal is Euclid, and a grenade with the pin pulled is Keter. There's actually an article on what the words mean that explains it very effectively.

EDIT:

It also has something to do with the Foundation's justifiably paranoid perceptions. Sure, that little cartoon girl appears perfectly harmless... but it's still an SCP, and there's always a chance that it will rip out your soul and eat it. Nothing in Foundation custody is perfectly safe, not even the researchers.

Considering that the entire point of the Foundation's existence is to Secure, Contain, and Protect stuff that can destroy the universe on a whim, this is a good attitude for them to have, and they got it through experience.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 10:24:16 pm by Schilcote »
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2010, 10:18:25 pm »

Fine, fine, you guys win. Just don't be surprised when something "Safe" kills you instantly. ::)

Anyway, back to reading through the 16 pages of "Safe" SCPs.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2010, 10:31:01 pm »

http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-682

If you haven't yet, read it.
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2010, 10:34:52 pm »

http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-370

It'll screw you up if you're even told about it second hand...

According to that page, you are exhibiting symptoms of infection by trying to have people view it. Congratulations.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2010, 10:36:45 pm »

According to that page, you are exhibiting symptoms of infection by trying to have people view it. Congratulations.

O SHI- *starts glowing*

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2010, 10:38:50 pm »

No he's not. All the memetic info has been [redacted] already. The page is but a warning.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2010, 10:39:04 pm »

Here are some good ones that have not been posted:

SCP-455
SCP-835
SCP-231
SCP-823
SCP-087
SCP-001-Memetic Kill Agent In Effect
Document Recovered From The Marianas Trench

Can you tell I enjoy Keter-class?

EDIT: Not sure why, but this isn't linked to SCP-455 anymore: Exploration Log Record 455 3
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 11:01:43 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2010, 10:41:52 pm »

O SHI- *starts glowing*
Wait. As I read C class infected people can infect others by purely talking about SCP 370. Does... That mean I'm infected too?

FFFFFFF-

No he's not. All the memetic info has been [redacted] already. The page is but a warning.
Phew. I live to not die another day.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2010, 11:21:34 pm »

I'm really digging this thing... I've always loved stuff like this (the lost room, warehouse 13, etc). Slowly working my way through it. The AI that ran off a casette tape is my favorite so far I think.

Though I'm starting to get annoyed by certain characters that pop up all the time. There are some blatant mary-sues knocking about here I think.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2010, 11:42:21 pm »

You mean 56?
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2010, 11:59:14 pm »

Here are some good ones that have not been posted:

SCP-455
SCP-835
SCP-231
SCP-823
SCP-087
SCP-001-Memetic Kill Agent In Effect
Document Recovered From The Marianas Trench

Can you tell I enjoy Keter-class?

EDIT: Not sure why, but this isn't linked to SCP-455 anymore: Exploration Log Record 455 3
Ok, 455 is by far one of the creepiest ones I've seen on there...
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 18, 2010, 12:01:10 am »

Am I the only one who thinks "SCP-XXX" sounds like Dr. Bright's funding ideas?

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 18, 2010, 12:09:04 am »

Ok, 455 is by far one of the creepiest ones I've seen on there...

I just read 087, pretty weird...
So far, 093 takes the cake IMO.
About to read 455 experiment log...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 33