Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Boy cancels Fish: Attacked by Carp Marksman  (Read 848 times)

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Boy cancels Fish: Attacked by Carp Marksman
« on: July 16, 2010, 10:24:55 am »

You thought DF Carp were deadly? Phah! They don't even use projectiles.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3054085/Teen-speared-in-chest-by-float.html

FTA:

"TEENAGE angler Tom Mitchenall is lucky to be alive after he was speared in the chest — by his own FISHING FLOAT.

Tom, 17, had hooked a large carp and was jostling with the heavy fish when the line snapped sending the slender plastic float "twanging" back at him like an arrow.

Incredibly, the 8in-long plastic dart pierced Tom's chest and embedded itself in his lung which collapsed.

The riverbank "missile" missed his main artery by just an inch. Had it been cut he would have bled to death.

But Tom was rushed to hospital where surgeons removed the float from his chest and drained the fluid on his lung."
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Boy cancels Fish: Attacked by Carp Marksman
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 10:28:25 am »

Should have posted this in DF General discussion :)

Edit: nm, spotted the same thing in DF general discussion.

Those carp are still deadly, or trying to be.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 10:29:26 am »

Now that Toady's fixing combat, they have to get creative to retain their seat on the throne.
Shoes...

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 04:12:43 am »

That is terrifying.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2010, 04:18:45 am »

So a fish used the boy's own movements to drive an 8-inch dagger through his lung.

Nope, not terrifying at all. And certainly not ninja fish in there. That'd be silly.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2010, 07:57:02 am »

I, for one, welcome our carp overlord.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.