Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Parasites, BIG EFFING PARASITES  (Read 6230 times)

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
Re: Parasites, BIG EFFING PARASITES
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2010, 04:18:45 pm »

You mean like some sort of giant worm thing that lives in megabeasts?
And once we kill a megabeast we then have to deal with the giant parasite worm?
That's one way to do it, I suppose.
No-where near as FUN as a giant parasetic megabeast infecting a Noble dwarf and trying to run the fort into the ground kind of thing though.

It's the general nature of parasites not to be larger than their hosts... typically, when a giant creature starts eating a hole in a smaller creature, and starts shaking it around like a rag doll, it's called a "preditor", not a "parasite".
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

FreakyCheeseMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2010, 04:26:21 pm »

You mean like some sort of giant worm thing that lives in megabeasts?
And once we kill a megabeast we then have to deal with the giant parasite worm?
That's one way to do it, I suppose.
No-where near as FUN as a giant parasetic megabeast infecting a Noble dwarf and trying to run the fort into the ground kind of thing though.

It's the general nature of parasites not to be larger than their hosts... typically, when a giant creature starts eating a hole in a smaller creature, and starts shaking it around like a rag doll, it's called a "preditor", not a "parasite".

Parasitic Elephants!
What do you really need to turn Elves into Dwarves? Mutation could make them grow a beard; insanity effects could make them evil-minded, aggressive, tree-hating cave dwellers, and instant, full necrosis of their lower legs could make them short.

NightmareBros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2010, 04:37:33 pm »

But- but- but- I wanna have a giant megabeast parasite haaaaatttt
especialy one all the dworfs can play a deadly game of 'pass the giant freaking parasite', complete with sending your fortress into disaray due to all the sick/ temporarily possesed dwarves, all the while your markdwarves are trying to snipe the thing in a crowded corridor.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2010, 04:50:12 pm »

But- but- but- I wanna have a giant megabeast parasite haaaaatttt
especialy one all the dworfs can play a deadly game of 'pass the giant freaking parasite', complete with sending your fortress into disaray due to all the sick/ temporarily possesed dwarves, all the while your markdwarves are trying to snipe the thing in a crowded corridor.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

All hail Lord Pyonta, Megabeast Hat, Goddess Maker the Devourer of Brains
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 05:01:41 pm by NW_Kohaku »
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2010, 06:30:53 pm »

Anyone else who thinks it'd be cool to have minor parasites that go into dwarves brains and cause them to act weird?

Like. Dwarves try to eat the flesh of deceased dwarves, spend much more time "on break", eat much more and over time form grudges and lose friendships ... parasites that could spread, but only rarely.

Then, depending on the parasite, you could use the alchemist's shop to fix a cure.
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.
Pages: 1 2 [3]