Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 75

Author Topic: The 2010 Crawl Tournament Bay12 thread! It's all over!  (Read 99228 times)

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The 2010 Crawl Tournament Bay12 thread! It's all over!
« on: July 17, 2010, 05:49:09 pm »

The Tournament is over! Huge thanks to everyone who contributed!

Bay12 Results:
And here is a list of just us full ranking is on previous page.
Clans
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Players
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

A BIG Thank You to all of you who played. It was a lot of fun and I hope we can do it again next year only with more people.

Full clan score list and Full player score list

---------

Join #bay12crawl on Freenode.

In less than two weeks, it's starting again. It being the Annual Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup TournamentLast year, the Bay12Dwarfs fared really well. We placed fifth, thanks to great teamwork that continued until the last moments and even yielded us the first place of "Most High Scores" as a clan and Ealbright as an individual.

The amount of Crawl players on the forums seems to have grown considerably so we can have more teams this time around. We had a Bay12Soapers team last year too, but I think we can get at least three this time, one of experts, one of intermediates and one of somewhat new players. The tournament is set up in a way that everyone can get points.

If you want to take part in the Bay12 teams, you need to play Crawl on Telnet on CAO [guide] (sorry, no tiles yet, there might be some if NetTiles will work with 0.7.0). You also need to tell your CAO name and experience level in this thread. The levels being the following:

Expert (Bay12 Champions): Win or multiple runes.
Advanced (Bay12 Blacksmiths): A rune or close to one.
Intermediate (Bay12 Miners): Reached the Lair
Beginner (Bay12 Soapers): Reached the Temple

All teams need names so feel free to suggest them. The premilinary ones are Bay12 Champs, Bay12 Dwarfs and Bay12 Soapers, respectively. Every team can have 6 players.

If you think you won't be playing all that much during the month, you can join a team one level below your real experience level. (Another possibility is having a Bay 12 Idlers team for those with less time to play.)

The Teams: 

Bay12 Champions
C. Dr. Feelgood [Demos]
2. Drakale [Porter]
3. Vactor
4. Blyxx
5. Antioch [CPTAntioch]
6. tinymouse

Bay12 Blacksmiths
C. LASD
2. Soadreqm
3. Daenar [Sildraith]
4. Empty
5. Mr. Person [Person]
6. thack

Bay12 Miners
C. Robsoie
2. baruk [frankhovis]
3. Akhier the Dragon Hearted [akhier]
4. Skid
5. christhawkSMR [christhawk]
6. Frumple [Frumple3]

Bay12 Soapers
C. Quinnr [quinn]
2. Humaan
3. Bulborbish
4. Thornet
5. zchris13
6. Berserker [Hfaweon]

Bay12 Immigrants
For "late" joinees, any experience level
C. HideousBeing [HBeing]
2. Taxus [FreeHugs]
3. Von Krieger [VonKrieger]
4. Xorborg
5. Pseudonym
6. Naxza

Bay12 Haulers
For later joinees, any experience level
C. WillAlvein
2. Thndr
3. Meanmelter
4. - 6.

Absent signees:
Leafsnail?
de5me7?
PsyberianHusky?

? signifies that the player might not play on that team or at all, depending on a number of things.

I will be playing a lot, but if there's 6 committed great players, I'll happily step down and lead the middle team, as I'd rather see our top team score a place or two higher than be the captain of it.

All Tournament related discussion is allowed and encouraged to avoid cluttering the main Crawl thread. Suggestions to make any idea, rule, name or number in the OP are welcomed and I'll edit it with all the changes that happen. Nothing is nailed down until the first of August (Well, changes in lineups are allowed 'til the 15th, but first is the goal.)

Let's hope Sigmund stays of clear of Bay12ians and have even more fun than last year!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 02:01:25 pm by LASD »

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
Re: The 2010 Crawl Tournament Bay12 thread!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 06:36:20 pm »

Man, I'd join, but I never even got close to a rune. >.<

quintin522

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLYING_SPAGHETTI_MONSTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 06:51:25 pm »

Is your score based on your best game, or do you only get one shot?
"I can't bleed to death now, I don't have time!"
Urist McExplorer, bolding going where no dwarf has OH GAWD THE MAGMA IT BURNSSSss..

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 07:08:13 pm »

Sign me up,

akrasiac User name:Porter
level:Expert

I'm pretty experienced, but only managed to get the orb of Zot once. I blame my numerous deaths on Xom anyway.

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2010, 07:21:15 pm »

I'd love to join but I have absolutely 0 experience with the console version, I've only ever played with tiles. Oh well.

Dr.Feelgood

• Bay Watcher
  • The Dwarven Barricade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2010, 07:37:02 pm »

CAO name: Demos
Level: Expert

I haven't been playing online for long (only a few months), but I have a decent record. I also have 9 offline wins and 1 Sprint win if it matters. I'm a NetTiles player, so if it doesn't work for 0.7 I can't play.  :(

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2010, 08:15:58 pm »

I'm rather bad and unlucky (not the best combinaison at a rogue like :D ) , i have fetched in regular game a rune or two in extremely few runs so i can only say i'm stuck certainly forever to a beginner level at this game.

If there is a Net tiles version of 0.7 released before the tournament i'll be interested in joining , if not i'll just say good luck to everyone trying the tourney ;)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2010, 08:21:11 pm »

I probably won't join, but a suggestion:  A bay12 Idlers team should be Philosophers.
Shoes...

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2010, 08:49:59 pm »

I'll play on the team again,

Vactor
Expert
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2010, 01:43:55 am »

If there's an open spot somewhere, stick me in.

EDIT: Name is 'quinn'
Also, my level is supah fail beginner, but I can finally get to the lair semi-regularly now. :P

So yeah, stick me in at the suckiest team we have. :)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 01:50:00 am by quinnr »
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2010, 02:16:07 am »

Is your score based on your best game, or do you only get one shot?
You get points for every character, they are counted together on your player page.

Man, I'd join, but I never even got close to a rune. >.<
Have you got over D:10? f you have, in a month of intensive playing you'll likely get (close to) a rune. You're listed for now on the Intermediate team. The Intermediate ranking is the weirdest of all of them, as 'close' can mean so many things, from entering a rune-bearing branch to beating all it's guardians and dying of poison on top of it.

I'm a NetTiles player, so if it doesn't work for 0.7 I can't play.  :(
Oh, wow I didn't this kind of thing existed, but now I hope they get it working.

Teams updated. Welcome back Vactor and a warm welcome to Drakale, Dr. Feelgood, Robsoie, quinnr and Soulwynd too!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 02:32:29 am by LASD »

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2010, 03:21:25 am »

I'll gladly tournament with you. I'm probably intermediate. I've never actually got my hands on a rune, but I think I got to the end of Shoals once, before dying to an aquamancer. And a different character killed the dire elephants on the end of Lair and died a preposterously idiotic death on D:20.

Named Soadreqm. Do we have to play on CAO, or is CDO okay? CAO is on the wrong continent, and thus marginally slower.

How about naming the middle team "Miners"? Miners are better than untrained recruits, but not as good as real military dwarves. Or maybe "Woodcutters", since they come with axes. Miner would probably be a more prestigious position in a dwarf society.

Edit:
Quote from: Tournament rules
100 points for a player's first game where she destroys the Orb of Zot
:D
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 03:34:57 am by Soadreqm »

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2010, 03:50:06 am »

I know nothing about this game, sign me up for the newbie team lol
Thank you based dwarf.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2010, 04:24:33 am »

unfortunatly no tiles means a no for me :(
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2010, 04:27:31 am »

Soadreqm, you seem like the perfect person to captain the middle team, so the "job" is yours (expect in the slightly unfortunate case that some experts cause me step down a level. Though at this speed we'll have even more than 3 teams.) And Bay12 Miners is definitely a better name, I'll change it to that.

I know nothing about this game, sign me up for the newbie team lol
Fair doos, I myself started playing the game halfway through the first tournament. As a result of that, my CAO page represents virtually every game I've played. Also it reminds me of my absolutely stupidest death with my best character.

unfortunatly no tiles means a no for me :(
There might be some if the NetTiles thing gets handled. I'm hopeful that it won't be that hard to translate to 0.7.0.

EDIT: Hmm, the expert slots are running out fast, maybe Champions (team of already winners) and The Royal Guard (other experts) or something.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 04:38:00 am by LASD »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 75