Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: 31.10 succession  (Read 6949 times)

andfhe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 31.10 succession
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2010, 08:55:29 am »

I was about to post, but I accidentally hit the back button on my mouse... I spent so long getting those images to work too. I'll get it later today I guess...
Well if you remove the [MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE] tag from dwarves I think they have like 2-4 children each time they give birth. And if you get enough mothers up on the pillars you can probably get a good waterfall going.

Lafiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2010, 10:05:57 am »

Signing up!  8)

RabidRabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2010, 10:36:54 am »

Sign me up and dwarf me as the first guy drafted for the military.

evilgenius21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2010, 11:01:42 am »

I'd also like to be signed up. If we get to vote for a region, I'd prefer either a Terrifying ocean, or a Evil/Good biome for a chance of unicorns and zombies. More fun!

andfhe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2010, 11:53:23 am »

Kind of late to be voting for a location...

First Slate, Year 40: Arrived at the Glacier today, seems to be a firefly and yeti infestation. Not much else of note.

Eight Slate, Year 40: Started to dig out a Demonic Shrine place to live.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Fourteenth Slate, Year 40: Had some farms prepared today, although I forgot to take into consideration the lack of mud...

First Felsite, Year 40: Year 40: Yeti attack today, smashed my workshops, so I drafted a Forester to take him out.

Fifth Felsite, Slate, Year 40:He certainly took his time with that Yeti, Four days before I called him off.

Twelfth Felsite, Year 40: We are desperately low on food, so I had a butchery built and slaughtered our only working horse...

Twenty First Felsite, Year 40: On the up side, Finally finshed digging out our Demonic Shrine place to live.

By the way, is Ice supposed to be considered a rock? Because it's laying all over the place, and my workshops are all made of it.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 12:24:26 pm by andfhe »
Well if you remove the [MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE] tag from dwarves I think they have like 2-4 children each time they give birth. And if you get enough mothers up on the pillars you can probably get a good waterfall going.

andfhe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2010, 12:02:03 pm »

If anyone has an idea as to how to get mud to those farms, I'd appreciate it.

Magick

• Bay Watcher
  • [HATES_LEARN] [MAGICAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2010, 12:19:17 pm »

put image tags around your links first.

Also, pump it from the aquifer?
"Alright, I'll trade you these mugs, and you'll give me those -Oh. Here. Just take this. WAIT. I DID NOT MEAN TO GIVE YOU THOSE."
http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9079/1278257725299.jpg

andfhe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2010, 12:22:18 pm »

Not trying to be rude or anything, but...
Also, My posts may be a few days delayed, As of now I'm signed up for three succession games.

Either way, if you decide to continue this, i'll take a dwarf. Using the same guy in my other thread.

Arzun
Male
Engraver/Building designer

Sorry man, looks like you picked the wrong dwarf...
He got mauled by that Yeti.

Edit: Sorry about the lack of photo editing, I was feeling kind of lazy.

put image tags around your links first.

Also, pump it from the aquifer?

Thanks for the tip and
I never would have thought of that. Surprising, because it seems kind of obvious.(for the image thing and the farm thing)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 12:26:48 pm by andfhe »

andfhe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2010, 01:43:01 pm »

Not much happened in summer, so I'll just write a quick summary.

I've only been with these dwarves for one season and... one season of dwarves plus yeti equals dead dwarves. While the yeti's only killed one(Arzun, Engraver/building designer) He's sent many to the hospital. Luckily the migrants brought with them good news--a dwarven caravan would supply us in autumn. They also brought good weather apparently, the snow melted(not my fortress, luckily), plants grew, and yeti attacks grew more scarce. However, the yeti seems to have healed since spring, unfortunately our soldiers have not. with no one left in the militia, I named RabidRabbit Commander of my army. As it is now autumn, I'll update this log in three months--the beginning of winter.

andfhe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2010, 03:36:24 pm »

Autumn, Year 40:

Two more Yeti-Induced deaths, we finally got it to leave though. But not before a cult decided to give it a name, and make it a legend among us. They called it 'Thundercannon' or something like that. The caravan arrived, but they mocked our inability to appraise the value of goods and kept their stuff. If I had only tamed that Yeti they'd be in more pain than the Yeti is now. (I told the troops to seize attacking after it had been permanently crippled and couldn't move.) That would teach them. Why'd the yeti have to kill my appraisal guy?  So they left, and I killed two more animals the migrants brought for food. It's winter now, who knows how horrid that will be.

Edit: Due to the Yeti, heres what the season looked like;

« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 03:53:32 pm by andfhe »

existent

• Bay Watcher
  • I Watch Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2010, 03:46:22 pm »

Who all is dead?
[DF 0.31.13]  ۝ War of the Ring Mod ۝  [WotR 0.13.3]

War of the Ring is back baby!
A mod based on Lord of the Rings, by JRR Tolkien.

andfhe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2010, 03:52:48 pm »

Who all is dead?

An Architect, a  farmer, and a carpenter.

Magick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2010, 03:57:19 pm »

While the yeti's only killed one(Arzun, Engraver/building designer)
Noooooooooooooooooooooo.....
Ah, well. I'll have some cosmic excuse as to how Arzun will still be able to lead.
He'll probably possess some random person.
"Alright, I'll trade you these mugs, and you'll give me those -Oh. Here. Just take this. WAIT. I DID NOT MEAN TO GIVE YOU THOSE."

andfhe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2010, 03:58:48 pm »

While the yeti's only killed one(Arzun, Engraver/building designer)
Noooooooooooooooooooooo.....
Ah, well. I'll have some cosmic excuse as to how Arzun will still be able to lead.
He'll probably possess some random person.

Armok possesses him into possessing someone else...

Magick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2010, 03:59:18 pm »

Either way, Arzun will lead.

Edit: It's somewhat ironic that a yeti is engraved in his room in Profanemachines.

In other news, here are the first few pieces of art engraved in my room! They are also my favorites.

Edit2: Ice can be used as stone, but be careful, ice indoors may turn into a pile of slush.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 04:02:25 pm by Magick »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6