Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: 31.10 succession  (Read 6948 times)

existent

• Bay Watcher
  • I Watch Bays
    • View Profile
Re: 31.10 succession
« Reply #75 on: July 24, 2010, 02:04:18 pm »

Upon closer inspection, one of our soldiers lost a hand, so that "full recovery" thing might not happen. In other news, the fort is starting to run really slowly, and I have a fairly fast computer. I imagine having breached all three caverns isn't helping. Just a heads-up to later players.

I have a terrible confession:
I've made the stockpile problem worse.

Since we've got a jeweler's workshop as well as a legendary gem cutter, I put it to work.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

While I wasn't paying attention, a woodcutter starting tantruming and killed a guy.

He then promptly calmed down and took a nap in the guy's bed. With his body still in it.

Our housing problem seems to be fixing itself.

Speaking of which, our doc has been a little overworked dealing with the severity of our two soldier's injuries. I enabled the labors in the few people with skill to help him out.

Also, our cemetary has finally begun housing the bodies of our dead. This is just in time for a tantrum-fest resulting from the goblin attack.

I spent a while improving our housing, monitering the hospital, mostly doing nothing. Until...

Meanwhile, DF crashed, and none of it mattered. Ugh.
[DF 0.31.13]  ۝ War of the Ring Mod ۝  [WotR 0.13.3]

War of the Ring is back baby!
A mod based on Lord of the Rings, by JRR Tolkien.

Oglokoog

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERNET_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 24, 2010, 04:44:38 pm »

You can't sell artifacts.
So we got monsters above, monsters below, dwarves in the middle and a party in the dining hall. Sounds good to me.
If all else fails, remember one thing:  kittens are delicious, nutritious little goblin-baiters, cavern explorers, and ambush-finders.

existent

• Bay Watcher
  • I Watch Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 24, 2010, 05:18:36 pm »

You can't sell artifacts.
I did not know that.

My re-play of winter progressed much the same, except with less tantrum-death (as I better knew it was coming).

There's a new housing block a few levels under the existing one, mostly designed for nobles and such.

As I was writing the above, a goblin ambush appeared immediately outside our gate. Due to sheer luck, they were distracted killing somebody and there was a dwarf right there to pull the lever, so the gate is sealed with them outside. One hammerdwarf was trapped with them, and he and his opponent fell into the hole under the bridge.

He proceeded to break every bone in its body.

The two in the hospital are well on the way to recovery (aside from the missing hand bit).

We've got 507 meat, 123 plant, 20 fish, 380 seeds, and 300 drink. We should be self-sufficient at this point, so I'm not worried.

In the meantime, there's goblins in front of the gate, and a forgotten beast on the other side of the cavern wall.

Our population is 25, and I'm finally done with this hellhole.

The save will be up in a couple of minutes.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2v8g2ed72ymjwro
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 05:27:47 pm by existent »
[DF 0.31.13]  ۝ War of the Ring Mod ۝  [WotR 0.13.3]

War of the Ring is back baby!
A mod based on Lord of the Rings, by JRR Tolkien.

Lafiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 24, 2010, 09:31:34 pm »

Picking up, will get on it tomorrow  ;D

Why do I always have goblin ambushes at the beginning of my turn? Must be karma. Surely I was an elf in my former life.

Oglokoog

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERNET_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 25, 2010, 04:02:06 pm »

I have already commented several times, might as well request to be dwarfed. I'd very much like a male miner if any are unnamed. If he's a dubious believer (as opposed to more devoted forms of worship), all the better. Actually, dubious worship probably takes priority over him being a miner and maybe even the gender.
So we got monsters above, monsters below, dwarves in the middle and a party in the dining hall. Sounds good to me.
If all else fails, remember one thing:  kittens are delicious, nutritious little goblin-baiters, cavern explorers, and ambush-finders.

Lafiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 27, 2010, 08:04:30 pm »

I'm about midway, will post some reports soon. I hope you like animals  8)  And ice towers!

Lafiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 29, 2010, 10:18:57 pm »

Sorry about the delay, I planned to post everything in two parts of half a year but I ended doing the whole year in a row  :P

Here's the save:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S7LEKS4K

I'll post the logs tomorrow, now it's a bit late to write everything...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]