Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16

Author Topic: Evil Genius  (Read 34222 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Evil Genius
« on: July 19, 2010, 02:23:11 am »

Found the game on gametap and fell in love with it. It is comical and fun and your evil, what more could you want?

However I have encountered the most annoying thing I have ever encountered. The agents of justice keep spawning in my engine room and destroying my engines. Traps are useless as there is not enough room and they could spawn anywhere, it is becoming a real problem as it is making defending my base impossible.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Genius
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 02:26:10 am »

If there's any area thats blocked off from your own minions, the agents can teleport in that space and bomb the place.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 02:28:19 am »

Dam. Well thank you....now I just need to figure out where to put more generators.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 02:31:24 am »

Research the nuclear generators if you haven't already. They only use a 2x2 space and they generate more power than the standard generators.

Here is a wiki for the game: http://wiki.n1nj4.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 02:36:38 am »

Spoilers dude....

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2010, 02:41:28 am »

This is also one of my favourite games, I've played it countless times and I still love it, I wish they had more games like this one.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2010, 03:04:11 am »

I absolutely love Evil Genius

But I absolutely HATE... no that isn't right... LOATHE the glitches and bugs.

It is the only reason I never beat the game.

Which is a shame because I can take down elite agents with ease.

IceShade

• Bay Watcher
  • YOUR HEAD ENGSMSPLODE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2010, 04:06:12 am »

Evil Genius is brilliant, I like it a lot.

That said, I've never finished it, because the World Domination and Acts of Infamy are complete shit. It first takes 15 minutes for your dudes to get on a boat or a helicopter to destination unknown, and before you know it (the only warning is a blinking button of some kind), a superagent is attacking your dudes and half of em are dead. Considering you can only advance and make money through the world domination map, I got fed up with it.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2010, 04:35:36 am »

Evil Genius is brilliant, I like it a lot.

That said, I've never finished it, because the World Domination and Acts of Infamy are complete shit. It first takes 15 minutes for your dudes to get on a boat or a helicopter to destination unknown, and before you know it (the only warning is a blinking button of some kind), a superagent is attacking your dudes and half of em are dead. Considering you can only advance and make money through the world domination map, I got fed up with it.

That said the weakest aspect of the game (other then glitches) is the World Domination map. I can't think of any other part of the game (other then glitches and bugs) that is weaker.

You have "acts of infamy" that you have NO idea if they are comming or not, no indication if you have them all or if more are comming, and as you said your units can die overseas so easily even if you could normally take on those agents.

Evilgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2010, 05:08:37 am »

I approve of this game.
And wasting all my money on damned useless hotels.

Whee.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2010, 05:09:05 am »

The game is great, but it's a real shame the studio went under, they had potential, just imagine what the sequel would be like :o
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2010, 06:46:46 am »

I hated those stupid Super Agents. They were just impossibly hard to kill. And of course, while they're there, they kill everyone. With everyone dead, good luck getting enough trained units together to do Acts of Infamy, train other units, or even make money so you can buy more fucking units. Viscous as fuck cycle: they kill all your guys, so you have to pull some off the world map to protect yourself. Since you're making less money, you have to turn down the rate of new minions. Super Agent kills more of your minions. You have to pull more off the map to make up the shortfall, you have to spend less so you have fewer minions. Since you have fewer minions overall, the Super Agents kill MORE of your minions since the threat against them is even less than it was (and remember, they killed your minions pretty easily to begin with even if they're all commandos, never mind if you only have like 25 construction workers in your whole damn base). Oh look, you need to pull all your units off the world map just to defend yourself. You have to spend nothing on new minions. Even if you go as defensive as possible (sentry guns out the ass, always on lockdown, locked doors and traps everywhere, ect.) the Super Agents have a nasty habit of either camping outside killing your construction workers as they arrive or destroying the doors and traps without activating them. Problem was, I couldn't do shit to stop them. Being so low on minions, I could hardly ever do acts of infamy to get my fame up and I certainly didn't have an feasible sustainable way to kill them. With fame being slow to come by, it took forever to get the missions to get rid of them. And just one of them was really annoying. When three of the little fuckers started attacking me AT THE SAME GODDAMN TIME, I ragequit. Sure, I could of cheated to remove them, but I didn't see any point since they were the only real challenge in the first place.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Ephemeriis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2010, 07:58:32 am »

The trick to dealing with the super agents (well, any agents, really) is to confuse them, rather than try to kill them.

It's been a while since I played (but now I'm going to have to re-install it), so I don't remember the exact attribute to use.  Seems to me that it was the valet looking guys...

They don't actually attack anyone - they just politely direct folks to the beach, or the hotel, or offer them a drink, or whatever.  It confuses the agents and makes them forget what they're doing.  After a few rounds of this they'll wander back home without actually causing any harm.  And there are traps that affect the same attribute.

Plus, being non-lethal, it's not so painful if your own minions trigger them.

I used to fill the entry hall of my lair with those traps, and then recruit a bunch of the appropriate minions.  Never had any trouble with the super agents.  In fact, it got a little too easy.

And later in the game you can permanently remove the super agents by discovering their weakness and exploiting it.
Work is the curse of the drinking class.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2010, 08:02:00 am »

I noticed this flash game that seems extremely inspired by Evil Genius.
http://armorgames.com/play/2409/mastermind-world-conqueror
Surprisingly very well done for a flash game, and its ending is rather hilarious :)

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2010, 08:28:20 am »

http://www.n1nj4.com/EvilPlanet/Downloads/Patches.php <Patch your game people

Ah, an old game this is for me. I play it all the time.

Super agents aren't so strong when you realise how to do it. I just swarmed them with valets and spin doctors.

A thing to note is that agents only ever destroy trap sensors, not the traps themselves. Once you get a certain... Freaky... minion you can trap them in a pressure plate room, that is connected to an empty room in your base. Agents will never get through because they're constantly getting zapped/poisoned/blown around/magnetised/lit on fire/stung/eaten/thrown.

my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16