Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Anyone for a Lego take on a children's card game? DUEL 1-dwarfguy2 vs wolfchild  (Read 6173 times)

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

One issue is magic tends more towards stratagem and getting some guys out and YGW is get yer bestest card out and damn everything else.

This will be a issue for the magic players because as a rule their cards will be weaker but will not truly have any advantage for it.
But what happens after the magic player stabilizes?

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile

What happens if the magic player uses ANYTHING from Mirrodin

ahhhh Mirrodin I remember the fun times i have had with my Uber banned deck with 21 different infinite combos and almost automatic victory on turn 4
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile

meh, he can only drop 1 creature per turn, how do i respond

cast a bounce instand, that also lets me draw a card
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile

I could probably also get in with this... except my deck uses Syncho Monsters and all that stuff...

oh wait, you are incorporating Magic. Should be no problem then. :P
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

We don't know what happens when magic plays against yu-gi-oh, I wouldn't say 'should be no problem' or anything of the sort.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness

...I think an easy way to solve the mana problem would be to say that;

All cards can be used as pseudo lands-you can put them into your Mana Pool to have them treated as Lands.
All manas are equivelant, so you could pay Green Manas with a Black card.
All Yu-Gi-Oh Monsters have Mana cost equal to their Level
Spells have cost 2
Quick-Plays have cost 3
Equips have cost 3
Fields have cost 4, and there can be as many of them on the field at any one given time.
Continuous have cost 3
Ritual Spells have cost 2
Traps are cost 3
Counters are cost 4
Continuous are cost 4
You can have as many cards as you like on the field at a time.
All Magic Cards have their base (I can't remember the correct term) cost.

Good?
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

I think you are over complicating matters, the real interest for me is seeing both card games battle each other out using their own rules. When you start making modifications like infinite yu-gi-oh cards it becomes less like playing yu-gi-oh and more like another game entirely.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Meh, fair point... I just think that this will get out of hand... can we just have a decent game of Yu-Gi-Oh?

Oh, and in this arena, I can have as MANY GAMES AS I LIKE IN THE SAME FILE. So yeah.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

can we just have a decent game of Yu-Gi-Oh?
I don't really know. There wasn't a whole lot of activity, wolfchild seemed the only one interested. I brought the whole MTG vs yu-gi-oh up because I thought maybe it would actually garner some interest.
 That and it tickles my fancy.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I could TRY to have some Magic games mixed in with the Yu-Gi-Oh ones....

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

By the way, you've got some false advertisement in your signature. ;D

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Screw it, do you want to play or not?

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile

How about a simple magic-vs-magic? You won't even have to make a new thread, it's also a children's card game! And as a rule, cards from before mirrodin. I lost track after that, and heard it got worse.
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

I don't know.
 If I'm to play Yu-Gi-Oh, I have alot of cards to sift through...
 I wouldn't know what's balanced or what's not, seeing as you can pretty much stuff your deck with all the overpowered crap. But I could try giving myself some random cards from various level pools... maybe roll a die to see what the maximum level I can use is... Then again I don't think it would be fair to even come close to the ridiculous stuff...

I'm going in loops here, I just don't know enough about yu-gi-oh, let alone have a deck.

EDIT: But if you will do magic I'm all for it!

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok, new thread coming up. I'll lock this one.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]