Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Dwarves in a New World - Legend of Zelda 0.75 - A Wizzrobe did it  (Read 36388 times)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarves in a New World - Legend of Zelda
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2010, 02:07:22 pm »

No, no, not the Subrosians are always hostile, the underground civs are.

Anyway, I'm currently experimenting with Zoras a bit.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2010, 10:14:16 am »

Well, I won't give Zoras towns as sites, definitely.

Spoiler: Whoops (click to show/hide)

Seems rare enough, but I'm not taking my chances. In the same town, the mead hall exited directly into water, but was supported on earth.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

snuflufagus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2010, 11:52:48 am »

I quite like the concept of our lovable, familiar dorfs invading the world of Hyrule.  Gannon has nothing on Armok.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2010, 12:48:41 pm »

Now I feel sad that I haven't played LoZ in my childhood. I would have now awesome flashbacks and warm feelings for playing this mod... Oh well. Cool job nonetheless :P.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

GregHayes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.opengameforge.org
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2010, 11:47:49 pm »

Can we we expect to see Iron Knuckles/Darknuts in any capacity? They might make passable semimegabeasts, at least.

The Ikana from Majora's Mask might be a good candidate for another enemy civilization - either try to extrapolate what they were like in life, or leave them as a militant nation of stalchildren, ReDeads, gibdos and stalfos. I'd suggest the Garo, too, if we knew much more about them. Possibly a minor civ that's really good at ambushing? Either way, it seems almost criminal to not include Zelda's undead creatures in some capacity. You ought to be giving people traumatic ReDead flashbacks, damnit!

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2010, 05:01:50 am »

Iron knuckles and darknuts are in the mod in a roundabout way - gerudos, the underground people, and moblins get a heavy armor called the knuckle plate, and moblins also get a metal called dark iron, creating the occasional dark knuckle (darknut) plate. Armos and Armos Knights should find their way into the mod as "heavily armored" (semi)megabeasts though.

I'll certainly do something with the undead. I've considered making them a civilization like the itarin in Direforged to make sure they get weapons and such where appropriate, though the Night Creature portion of the dev page might make it possible for them to replace vanilla undead so we not only get Stalfos and Stalhounds, but also Stalcuccos, Stalhorses, and Stalquamenti. But that part is who knows how far in the future, so a temporary solution could be in the next version.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

GregHayes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2010, 09:54:20 am »

Again, the Ikana would make a logical basis for an undead civilization, at least until the Night Creatures are added in properly (although the Night Creatures would certainly make it possible to do stalchildren properly).

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2010, 09:43:55 am »

I get the distinct impression that dekus might need a bit of help in the combat department.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

GregHayes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2010, 04:47:53 pm »

Seems perfectly appropriate to me.

Asra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2010, 03:01:37 pm »

This looks like a really fun mod. Are there any plans on continuing with it? Have you managed to modify the demons?

Urist Mcinternetuser

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthulhu, the scariest Forgotten Beast of all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2010, 03:19:00 pm »

I'll give you a mod that (should) makes stone edible. One second...

Here it is:
[REACTION:COOK_STONE]
   [NAME:Prepare stone]
   [BUILDING:KITCHEN:CUSTOM_P]
   [REAGENT:A:1:BOULDER:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:NONE]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:MEAT:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
   [SKILL:MASONRY]

I suspect you know how to add it in to the reaction_other file. And I also suspect you know to permit the reaction for the civ.

I'm checking it now.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 03:24:13 pm by Urist Mcinternetuser »

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2010, 03:21:14 pm »

Yeah, I'm still working on my mods, though currently, I'm mostly waiting on the next version so I can see how entity populations impact things, along with a few tweaks (no worries, Greg, dekus won't get all that much stronger than in the screenshot). Demons are mostly hard-coded, so it is hard to touch them. As such, I can't make pig demons more common or something like that.

Edit:

I'll give you a mod that (should) makes stone edible. One second...

Here it is:
[REACTION:COOK_STONE]
   [NAME:Prepare stone]
   [BUILDING:KITCHEN:CUSTOM_P]
   [REAGENT:A:1:BOULDER:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:NONE]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:MEAT:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
   [SKILL:MASONRY]

I suspect you know how to add it in to the reaction_other file. And I also suspect you know to permit the reaction for the civ.

I'm checking it now.
Thanks, but the problem isn't really making stone edible, but keeping gorons from eating stuff other than stone and metal. Since jobs mostly look at item types, I suspect these stone meats should be edible, though.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 03:28:22 pm by Knight Otu »
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Urist Mcinternetuser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2010, 03:31:00 pm »

I have successfully made cinnabar chops. Which are edible.
Like Rat skin chops :)

Also, is there a creature tag for herbivore? if you took away [INDOOR_FARMING]/[OUTDOOR_FARMING] and the herbalist and farming jobs. Well, it wouldn't make them not eat other stuff, but it would make it happen less often. They don't seem to be stockpilable though...
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 03:43:35 pm by Urist Mcinternetuser »

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2010, 03:46:42 pm »

I think the only diet tags are carnivore and bonecarn. I don't quite want to take away farming from gorons - apart from the bug where fortress mode removes entire labor categories (which would remove at least tanning, wood burning, and dyeing as viable goron skills), it would also remove the ability to grow plants for dye, cloth, and extracts. I do still hope I can do something interesting with bomb flowers...

But I think I can add your reaction in for gorons without removing that stuff, if you like.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Urist Mcinternetuser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2010, 04:00:00 pm »

Whatever you think is fitting for the mod.

Quote from: Urist Mcinternetuser link=topic=61999.msg1518427#msg1518427 date=1282941060

Also, is there a creature tag for herbivore? if you took away [INDOOR_FARMING
/[OUTDOOR_FARMING] and the herbalist and farming jobs. Well, it wouldn't make them not eat other stuff, but it would make it happen less often. They don't seem to be stockpilable though...

Those were just suggestions to help with this:

Thanks, but the problem isn't really making stone edible, but keeping gorons from eating stuff other than stone and metal.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9