Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Weird situation/bug?/feature  (Read 1450 times)

parlor_tricks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://noyb
Weird situation/bug?/feature
« on: July 22, 2010, 02:07:33 am »

I was playing on dark tower sites for a while, enjoying the ability to re-purpose those obsidian towers into, well, something. It was Fun planning it out though!

That said, i did encounter some weirdness - has anyone encountered this bug/feature?

Mining obsidian out of the dark towers did not yield usable stone!
I mean there are obsidian rocks on the floor, but they could neither be dumped nor used.
Also - any corpses that fell on the floor, (gobbo towers are drafty, and feathered flocks of buzzards fly in from above, hilarious) are also not usable and wont even be put into a refuse pile.

I think that if the original civ is alive, they claim ownership of the rocks on the site and, as a result, everything within (except the stuff you put there) counts as theirs.

If anyone else has a similar experience, or insight, please do share.

Also I had mentioned it earlier in a post a while back, but while on one such site I got a message "the XXYZ of Labours, a group of goblin migrants, has decided to settle here". Very cool, but no one showed up. Shrug. I think it was on an abandoned site.

Dorf3000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Weird situation/bug?/feature
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 04:48:29 am »

Your problem with dumping stone and corpses etc in the goblin towers is because you have Ignore refuse from Outside turned on in the orders screen 'o - r' (it is on by default).  The inside of the towers is actually marked as outside for some reason.

There's also a bug where obsidian can't be used for anything except making stone swords, and there's no entry for it in the Stones list on the status screen (z) to allow it to be used for everything.  I think there was some workaround by editing the raw files, I don't remember the tag that caused the problem.
I had a tigerman get elected mayor and he promptly mandated 3 bowls of cereal.

parlor_tricks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://noyb
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 11:59:37 pm »

brilliant! Thanks a lot, was wondering what the hell was going on :)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 11:13:03 am »

It's the MAX_EDGE tag.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.