Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

Designation tool suggestion

(1/2) > >>

Sofaspud:
I propose adding to the [d]esignate tool.  I would like to see a 'free-form' option where it changes from drawing a box to drawing a line.It would work like this:* Hit [d],[d] to start designating a mining area.
* Move to the starting point, hit [Enter] to begin designating.
* Hit [f] for free-form, to indicate that you don't want to draw a box ('f' is an example, the point is the key only does something when you're already in Draw mode)
* Move the cursor.  Every tile it lands on becomes designated, but it does not draw a rectangle.
* Finish as normal.
Functionally, this is equivalent to hitting [Enter],[Enter] to toggle the drawing ability on and off after every.  Single.  Tile.  (Which is why I'm suggesting this new ability!)

Torak:
It'd really help with diagonal mining.

varsashi:
Have you tried using the mouse for this? If you have it enabled you can just click or click and drag the spaces you want designated.

Sofaspud:
I actually like the mouse-less capabilities of DF... having to use one would probably frustrate me.  Possibly because my mouse is usually busy on my other screen doing other stuff while DF runs, but still.Hell, I don't know if I even have the mouse enabled...  :p

Armok:
Seconded.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version