Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 168

Author Topic: [ISG] Adventure Guy! - Epilogue  (Read 490084 times)

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Update 14.2
« Reply #1560 on: November 25, 2010, 12:28:42 am »

try a bunch of things, like moving our hands towards the planet, walking towards the planet, moving our heads towards the planet, etc until it zooms in more.

It seems like tightening or loosening your grip causes the view to zoom in or out while pushing the sphere in one direction moves the indicator that way. Easy enough to work. Although it doesn’t seem like you can zoom in any further than you began. Zooming out a bit, there doesn’t seem to be other nearby star systems.

Zoom into the planet with rings around it. Somehow.

You move the indicator to the planet with rings. The entire display revolves to keep the indicator in front of you. Nothing else happens.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 04:38:08 am by Retro »

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: November 25, 2010, 12:42:43 am »

Select the earth-like planet and release the orb. If that does nothing, then try spinning it.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: November 25, 2010, 06:25:05 am »

Ask for information.

I vote to insert.
Ask who and insert what?
Just ask for information, maybe the machine responds to vocal commands.

Insert the medallion into the slot.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: November 25, 2010, 07:07:40 am »

> Open the slot in our head and try to get a wire out far enough that we can touch the sphere with the end of the wore, and do that.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #1564 on: November 25, 2010, 10:24:58 am »

Keeping hold of the sphere, try to pull it apart outwards without breaking it. If it expands, then turn it to aim at the ringed planet.

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: November 25, 2010, 02:45:05 pm »

Eat the thing were holding

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: November 25, 2010, 03:08:39 pm »

Spoiler: Galaxy! (click to show/hide)

Anyway, I think this map is some sort of destination selector, and that we can't really get any more info from it.
Entropy is not what it used to be.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: November 25, 2010, 05:24:07 pm »

Hm, that does look like Messier 81. So, as I see it, there's three options here on where we are in the universe and where this spacecraft came from:

1: It came from Messier 81 and we're in the Milky Way in some system that's not Sol. Likely. See below.
2: It came from Messier 81 and we're in some system in Messier 81. Unlikely. See below.
3: It came from the Milky Way and we're in Messier 81. Very unlikely. See below.

I'm leaning towards the first. As we seem to be human-like robots. Plus, everything we've seen so far that seems to be made by our creator's race seems to be human in origin (e.g, a familiar looking anvil, the roman numeral system, top hats, human lettering system, to list a few). I also doubt the ship's human in origin; human style isn't based around orbs or spheres, but cubes and triangles.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Update 14.3
« Reply #1568 on: November 25, 2010, 05:26:43 pm »

Select the earth-like planet and release the orb. If that does nothing, then try spinning it.

You move the indicator and release the sphere. The display fades. There appears to be no way to ‘select’ a planet, or perhaps whatever this is isn’t working properly.

You take hold of the sphere again and spin it. The display spins with it. This sphere-interface is fairly intuitive to navigate with, but you’re not really having any success at selecting anything, or learning any info about what you’re targeting, or… anything like that, really.

Keeping hold of the sphere, try to pull it apart outwards without breaking it. If it expands, then turn it to aim at the ringed planet.

You begin to try and expand the view, but the holographic display begins to glitch up.

The sphere turns dark. The stand resumes shooting static to and from it.

The, uh… the main monitor appears to have reset to the first frame of the cassette. The bots displayed are… looking at you. It’s a bit unsettling.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 04:38:32 am by Retro »

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: November 25, 2010, 05:31:06 pm »

Do a dance to see if they follow you.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: November 25, 2010, 05:39:14 pm »

Wave at them.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: November 25, 2010, 09:10:03 pm »

Unrelated, I dreamed about AG last night.

more specifically, that holo display.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #1572 on: November 25, 2010, 09:23:48 pm »

Yay! I got an action in!
Wait for the sphere to begin working again. Once it does, try rotating it around a vertical axis. Failing that, try to compress the sohere. DO NOT BREAK

@Retro: Looking back at the stomach tap thing, instead of telling us not to say any variation, couldn't you just use a Deus Ex Machina to do something like fuse AG's abdomen shut?

@Tarran: How do we look like a human save a pair of eyes, a mouth, being bipedal, and having arms, a torso, and a head? That defines a whole buttload of generic aliens and a few realistic ones. Though you have a point about the human culture.

Glech

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: November 25, 2010, 10:18:27 pm »

Speak into microphone on control panel and attempt to speak with bots.
If it doesn't work start pushing every button you see.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: November 25, 2010, 10:18:54 pm »

There is also the facial hair... I have no issues with a spherical ship being human, and the general lack of any outside contact suggests that this isn't Kansas...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 168