Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 168

Author Topic: [ISG] Adventure Guy! - Epilogue  (Read 490232 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Update 14.4
« Reply #1605 on: November 27, 2010, 03:45:26 pm »

Wasn't Les that robot we found in the locker?
Kinda hard to tell with the missing head.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: November 27, 2010, 03:46:24 pm »

Who's going to put the lab coat on a robot, only to put him a lock with a name tag still in its pocket?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: November 27, 2010, 04:17:00 pm »

Oh, forgot about that.

Something's strange about Les being a robot. Let me quote him:

“Right, right, uh… okay, so what you’re seeing right now is our ‘bots – Claire, you’re in the shot!”

He seems to think he's a human as he refers to the robots with a human like "'bots". And he also says "our 'bots", like he owns them. Meaning either 1, Claire or someone else programed him to think he was human, or 2, he is human.

If 1 is true, then I have no doubt that that's Les in the locker.

If 2 is true, then that body doesn't belong to Les. Someone either put the labcoat on the robot or the robot itself put it on.

Oh, that gives me an idea. Go back to the scientist's body and tap it three times. (fake)Reason: Because we want to see if he suffered any internal damage.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: November 27, 2010, 04:31:36 pm »

Go back to the scientist's body and tap it three times. (fake)Reason: Because we want to see if he suffered any internal damage.

He probably won't let us do this.

Anyway, grab one of those sticks from the ship-room, and reopen the door that is sealing the place to put the medallions.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: November 27, 2010, 04:39:53 pm »

He probably won't let us do this.
It's worth a shot.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #1610 on: November 27, 2010, 08:08:25 pm »

Anyway, these technologies aren't enough. Where's the automatic doors? Where's the touchscreen computers with Win9000 OSes? Where's the beds that aren't crap? Where's the sinks that don't look like junk? Where's the futuristic looking stove, fridge, cabinets, lamps, vending machine, etc? And don't say that these scientists are poor. Even if they were, they should at least have access to some luxury technology that doesn't look like it was built in the 21st century.
Maybe the awesome stuff isn't just as worth it as whatever else they had? Neither the robots or the analyzer warrant that they are in a time period of everything being dirt cheap. And as i mentioned earlier, these could be the ruins of a previous expedition here from the past. If you doubt that, try to think those two scientists building that entire complex on their own(+ robots) for just themselves to research stuff. My proposal:

These two people are rookie scientists who found disused the ruins of a scientific facility, while also taking some tech with them (robots, analyzer). This facility happened to discover(?) the sphere before they arrived, but word never got out (hence them two being the only ones who know about it). They decide to inhabit the facility to research this thing while discovering the occuloids hanging around. The chick researched while the dwarfy man and his bots dug deeper. The old man probably dug too deep into a somewhat recently dug out cavern. He wakes up a couple of giant occuloids which attack and kill everyone but adventure guy, who takes a stumble down into some more ancient ruins (maybe why the facility was founded in the first place, which could mean the ship was already there and the ruins belonged to the ancient native people who worshiped the occuloids) and gets his head broken after landing in an Indiana Jones esque corpse, complete with equipment. He tosses the remains down the weird dark room way back as his memory begins to work again.

I must stop thinking while i post as i might start contradicting myself.  :-\

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: November 27, 2010, 08:18:39 pm »

Your proposal is good, but you forgot our nemesis; Monopoly Man.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #1612 on: November 27, 2010, 08:22:45 pm »

Another robot caught up in an identity crisis, except more intent on the extermination of the occuloids?
Basically, like us except a different pretotal memory loss situation, a different path, and a lack of random people posting on the internet into his mind.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: November 27, 2010, 09:01:17 pm »

Look through the neck of the headless robot would be more justifiable, we may learn something.

Place the activated sun medallion into its slot, then try to remove all medallions from their slots.

If they can hook up a VCR to a a monitor then they must have some understanding of the technology. And if the sphere is alien technology then either it is on loan from someone else, they are numerous, or it would be the subject of any research.

Hinged doors are better, they just are, clearly they are going easy on the technology because of limited transportation ability and to conserve power. Why bother wiring up automatic doors, aligning sensors, and powering an appliance 24hours a day when you use it for less than a minute when you could install a couple of hinges and be done with it?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: November 27, 2010, 09:25:37 pm »

Hinged doors are better, they just are, clearly they are going easy on the technology because of limited transportation ability and to conserve power. Why bother wiring up automatic doors, aligning sensors, and powering an appliance 24hours a day when you use it for less than a minute when you could install a couple of hinges and be done with it?
I have no doubt they're better. It's just that eventually, some time in the future, power will become cheap, and people will get lazy, then automatic doors will come into service. Another advantage to automatic doors besides saving time is that they can, as you can imagine, be locked automatically.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #1615 on: November 27, 2010, 09:38:43 pm »

I have no doubt they're better. It's just that eventually, some time in the future, power will become cheap, and people will get lazy, then automatic doors will come into service. Another advantage to automatic doors besides saving time is that they can, as you can imagine, be locked automatically.
Ahh, but we don't seem to be that far.
Also, I'm still standing on my "This place is old" Idea.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: November 27, 2010, 09:40:58 pm »

We know that the body is a robot. Skwee got shocked by it. The labcoat could mean anything.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: November 27, 2010, 10:34:06 pm »

In the playback one of the scientists mentions the camera being an antique. So this means that they must be at least 100 years in the future, and must be from Earth(why would two races have the exact same technology?). They also mention Chemical X as their goal for being here, so "this out of so many billion planets" is kind of out, because Chemical X must be very rare.

Another point I wanted to make was that when people make an expedition to a new area, they often times bring less than sophisticated technology, because it requires less upkeep. If they would have constructed a high tech house(which would have taken a ton of workforce), it would have had its electronics destroyed by any number of things, and there's the fact that they don't have any steady source of fuel for power, from what we've seen. We could look around the generator room, but its kind of blocked off.....

I'm not sure if we tried this yet, so don't bother if its redudant.

Push the lever in the locker back up(down?) and check the door to the generator again
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #1618 on: November 28, 2010, 12:25:44 am »

Wouldn't VCR cameras be antiques to scientists who use the over 9000 fps video cameras today?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: November 28, 2010, 12:51:14 am »

Not really. The recorder wouldn't be a antique even if it was the very first VCR recorder made, seeing as the first prototype VCR was made in 1969 or so.

Meaning that if the recorder really is an antique, the current year would have to be, at the very least, 2069. Though Les could be over exaggerating the age of the camera.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 12:57:13 am by Tarran »
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 168