Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 168

Author Topic: [ISG] Adventure Guy! - Epilogue  (Read 495692 times)

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
Re: Adventure Guy! - Final Round 16.10: Endgame.
« Reply #2025 on: February 07, 2011, 09:32:07 pm »

I think Skree is in agony. Either we run. Now. Or we kill him.
I object to this. We can't just leave a friend, and ending him isn't the way to go. We must try any mean to bring him to a more friendly state even if it means risking our life for it.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: February 07, 2011, 09:40:22 pm »

I think Skree is in agony. Either we run. Now. Or we kill him.
I object to this. We can't just leave a friend, and ending him isn't the way to go. We must try any mean to bring him to a more friendly state even if it means risking our life for it.
Okay, now that is slightly stupid, I am sorry. MAybe it is because I haven't developed a link to Skree but did we not kill the other large one? We might as well just run now and interrogate fergus to know how to reverse it. How is that?
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: February 07, 2011, 09:51:53 pm »

Comfort skree the best we can.

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: February 07, 2011, 10:55:09 pm »

If we comfort Skree it may kill us. If we run we know we have a chance at living. We do not know what Skree will do if we stay. We need to grab our stuff and get out of here.
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Final Round 16.11: Endgame.
« Reply #2029 on: February 07, 2011, 10:55:25 pm »

Spoiler: Tallying (click to show/hide)

Play the music box.

You rush to your bag and grab the music box, winding it up. Need to calm him down quick before he gets too out of hand.

As it plays, a thought occurs to you. When you played the notes on the piano, you calmed the weather and put Skree to sleep. When you played the music box, it caused a thunderstorm. Which means…

Shit.

Skree flips out at you. If he wasn’t aggravated before, he definitely is now.

You hear sounds of rain and thunder from outside.

Run.

You try to run but Skree jumps over you and blocks your path, screeching at you again. The music box has sent him into a frenzied rage.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: February 07, 2011, 11:06:44 pm »

Play music box and throw it away from the organ, run to the organ, and play the calming song, FACADE was it?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: February 07, 2011, 11:10:06 pm »

Hurl music box into magma?

Give Skree his hat?

I dunno.  We might be dead.

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: February 07, 2011, 11:23:10 pm »

Gah, we are a robot, can we not like, whistle the calm tune of the piano perfectly or something?
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: February 07, 2011, 11:23:46 pm »

we are a ridiculously humanoid robot.

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: February 07, 2011, 11:25:18 pm »

we are a ridiculously humanoid robot.
Shhhh!

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: February 07, 2011, 11:49:06 pm »

Play music box and throw it away from the organ, run to the organ, and play the calming song, FACADE was it?

This would be a great idea if the required instrument wasn't on the other side of the facility, with Scree blocking our way out. Also I don't think it's the continued existence of the music box that's making him mad, but the song we just played on it.

Uh... Maybe we could hide in the sub or something? This plan kind of relies on getting all the way to the hatch without being mauled to death, but it's the best I can come up with. ._.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: February 08, 2011, 12:06:17 am »

This is going to hurt, but touch him.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: February 08, 2011, 12:26:23 am »

Show him the eyedol. Then TRY to touch him... unless that looks like it will lead to loss of limbs.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: February 08, 2011, 02:54:03 am »

The music box is producing the angry music, presumably the enraged oculoid will attack the source of the music, if we throw the music box away and them make a run for a musical instrument, hopefully it will serve as a distraction...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: February 08, 2011, 03:30:45 am »

I doubt Skree is that stupid. It just induces emotions, it isnt attracting him to anything.

Again, i suggest we attempt to sing the calming music from before.
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 168