Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 168

Author Topic: [ISG] Adventure Guy! - Epilogue  (Read 495997 times)

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
Re: Adventure Guy! - Final Round 16.12: Endgame.
« Reply #2070 on: February 08, 2011, 05:22:08 pm »

Lets ask ourselves.. what would Kamina do?
Go down like a man, while still trying your best to keep your living friends alive. I think...

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: February 08, 2011, 07:23:22 pm »

I do not want Skree to be hurt either, but atm he is enraged and is not thinking straight. We can not touch him, he is bursting with rage. We can not run away, he stops us if we try. We try every passive idea possible, besides tossing everything in our bags at him.

I see no other option besides striking Skree down.
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: February 08, 2011, 08:24:23 pm »

We need a distraction, I still say that the music box, as the source of the mind-altering sound, is the primary target for the over-stimulated mutant. Start it, throw it, run to a sound device with more power...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: February 08, 2011, 10:44:25 pm »

The eyedol! It's in the image of "skygod". Presumably it has some connection to why the rain makes the oculoids angry.
Also: At WORST we can just run out onto the bridge to evade skree. It can't possibly fit on there, so we could wait for it to calm down.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #2074 on: February 09, 2011, 12:17:15 am »

See, in a situation like this, I ask myself, how would the Hussnasty advance this story?

The answer, I think, is by killing Skree.

Everyone's clearly displaying a high level of emotional attachment. It's dramatically appropriate.

It will be good character development for AG.

On top of that, it's really the logical thing to attempt at this time... although I've been on the "kill Skree" bandwagon for a while now.

It should be clear to everyone now, so let's finally Brandish Stovebrand, Strike Down Skree
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: February 09, 2011, 12:23:05 am »

Well killing him is probably what the gentleman would want us to do, simply to prove a point.
We would want to prove otherwise.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #2076 on: February 09, 2011, 12:25:05 am »

I'm not sure Gentleman cares about his point so much as keeping us busy slash killing us while he achieves his own ends
I can see it now.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: February 09, 2011, 01:24:33 am »

Current tally:

ATTACK - 5
Ochita
mnjiman
Jim Groovester
Soadreqm
Argembarger

DO NOT ATTACK - 7
Japa (dodge /wear Skree out)
iceball3 (shout FACADE as loud as possible)
Ultimuh
Armok
rarborman (put paper hat on Skree)
dragnar (use eyedol / hide on dock)
RAM (throw music box)

This is pretty close, and while pacifism is currently winning, the pacifists need to think of some (consistent) alternative action to take instead, or AG will just stand there.

Going to let this one run a bit more, and come back and start working on an update when I've finished with some work. Last chance to try and alter the votes with stunning rhetoric.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: February 09, 2011, 01:27:54 am »

I say we throw the hat on skree, then try ti keep as much distance from him as possible, possibly by hiding onthe dock, while throwing away the music box int the lava, then holding fourth the Eyedol and shouting FACADE to the best of our ability.

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: February 09, 2011, 01:36:45 am »

I dont want to attack anymore... I think I would be happy to die trying to save Skree rather then killing him to save ourselves...

edit:

damit.. but if we dont stop the doctor... they are going to take the core of the planet... our last resort will have to be killing skree...
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 01:38:36 am by mnjiman »
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: February 09, 2011, 01:39:39 am »

Don't we have things we need to do, like try and stop Feringus from strip mining this planet of its resource and destroying the oculoids?

Skree is a bit of an obstacle. It's regrettable, but we can't just lay down and die.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #2081 on: February 09, 2011, 01:42:42 am »

Don't let your emotions for Skree get in the way of the bigger picture, guys.

Skree is but a part of this.

Feringus and Gentleman need to be stopped, now.

Kill Skree. Don't make him suffer any longer.

Rebuttals for Pacifism:
Japa (dodge /wear Skree out) - This will take up far too much valuable time. It will be too late.

iceball3 (shout FACADE as loud as possible) - This is a doubtful course of action, at best. It relies on far too much chance and guesswork than I'm comfortable with. Maybe if there was some precedence for FACADE working from any source other than the organ, or of AG being able to properly shout it, then I might be behind this, if only to counteract the herpaderp bullcrap we pulled with the music box.

rarborman (put paper hat on Skree) - Fantastic, he'll look super stylish as he violently murders us.

dragnar (use eyedol / hide on dock) - Use eyedol how, exactly? Hide on dock where, exactly? Again, hiding would take way too much time. If it was even possible to do in the first place

RAM (throw music box) - What does this achieve? The damage has already been done; destroying the music box isn't going to make it stop storming. We would need to play FACADE on the organ to do that.

Also, remember: even if we manage to calm Skree down slightly, it'll just be turning the knob down from Insanely Murderous Rage to just plain old Murderous Rage.

Any effort to reverse the process (something we know absolutely nothing about, by the way, and will have to figure out from scratch) and Feringus and Gentlemen will have already achieved their goals.

Skree can and will outmanouvre us and has far more endurance than we do. Running or outlasting Skree is simply not an option.

Our only possible advantage at the moment is Stovebrand.

Let's use it.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 01:57:00 am by Argembarger »
I can see it now.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: February 09, 2011, 04:22:29 am »

I very much think we need to talk with scree. Putting him down with out even the slightest communication is simply garbage.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: February 09, 2011, 04:25:52 am »

We already tried that. It failed.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: February 09, 2011, 04:36:13 am »

Is it possible to calm Skree down with pure happiness through meditation, remembering every happy moment that we had with Skree... filling ourselves with joy... would is be possible to communicate an 'anti-rage' emotion with skree to counteract his current emotion?
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 168