Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 168

Author Topic: [ISG] Adventure Guy! - Epilogue  (Read 495549 times)

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Final Round 16.23: Endgame.
« Reply #2310 on: February 21, 2011, 11:06:28 pm »

Shes a robot.

That is why robot parts were being harvested.

That is why Les skull... is a skull. How long does it take for a dead person to decompose? A long ass time. Especially within a cave. Les body must of been there for ages... and she looks the exact same as she did before in the video's.

She has not aged a day.

Confront her with this information

And the only reason we have been listening to her is because we THINK she's human, she has convinced us to think this way.
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2311 on: February 22, 2011, 02:09:36 am »

Shes a robot.

That is why robot parts were being harvested.

That is why Les skull... is a skull. How long does it take for a dead person to decompose? A long ass time. Especially within a cave. Les body must of been there for ages... and she looks the exact same as she did before in the video's.

She has not aged a day.

Confront her with this information

And the only reason we have been listening to her is because we THINK she's human, she has convinced us to think this way.
Ooh.  That's good.  If it turns out that she is a bot, we should still try diplomacy.  We probably can't fly this ship on our own if we plan on leaving.
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: February 22, 2011, 02:14:55 am »

All we need to do right now is to persuade ourselves that she is in fact NOT human. Then hopefully we will be able to do something to stop this madness. I suspect that it wont be that easy however...

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: February 22, 2011, 02:16:40 am »

She doesn't look like a robot. Also if we accuse her of being one, we'll sound crazy. I'd rather have some more evidence before we do that. How could you tell if she'd aged, anyway? She's more or less a stick figure.

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: February 22, 2011, 03:08:27 am »

She doesn't look like a robot. Also if we accuse her of being one, we'll sound crazy. I'd rather have some more evidence before we do that. How could you tell if she'd aged, anyway? She's more or less a stick figure.

Well we could get around our programming for one if we convince our selves hard enough with these facts, such as what Mr Gentlemen robot did to get around his programing.

Also, i assume that Retro would know how to draw wrinkles... or some such. Who cares if we sound crazy? She sounds crazy.
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: February 22, 2011, 03:11:41 am »

Prick her and see if she bleeds.

Tada, human.

No, really, she's human. She can command us pretty damn well and knows all this stuff about human history and we have all these notes and stuff detailing her thought process and we can easily assume that Les died a while ago and the corpse got eaten instead of decomposed down to bone. I don't think convincing ourselves that she's not a human is going to work, what with all the evidence to the contrary.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: February 22, 2011, 04:34:22 am »

We can't hurt her?

But we can hurt her precious and delicate scientific equipment inside!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: February 22, 2011, 05:39:09 am »

We can't hurt her?

But we can hurt her precious and delicate scientific equipment inside!
Until she orders us to stop.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: February 22, 2011, 07:48:13 am »

Hey, we are a robot that isnt meant to think AT ALL and yet here we are, thinking like a human. I dont think that its all that impossible that yet ANOTHER robot did the same thing as us. Plus, we dont look like a robot until we saw our insides. Humans age, they change and adapt to their environment. It is obvious that they have been here for a very long time, all the places we have been to and all the worn equipment that we have seen says so. Humans age and wear down, yet this one doesnt appear to have changed at all! It's impossible, and the only possible explaination is that she is not human.

As for the voice command, we are a robot after all. I hardly think that its beyond the current technology for a wireless signal sent from another robot can be interpreted as a command to a different robot. She knows about human history because she must have talked to the humans before they died.

Wait a second... we never did find out HOW les died. This demands investigation!

Demand to know how Les died.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: February 22, 2011, 09:28:51 am »

It is obvious that they have been here for a very long time, all the places we have been to and all the worn equipment that we have seen says so. Humans age and wear down, yet this one doesnt appear to have changed at all!

As a reminder, it's first been implied through clues and now explicitly stated that they arrived a bit over two years ago. I think the last Feringus note in the sub had the day number on it. Something in the 800s, I recall.

Anyhow, probably no update until very late. Busy day ahead.

e- burrrrrgh missing word in sentence, retro go crazy
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 09:41:27 am by Retro »

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: February 22, 2011, 12:37:36 pm »

...and the only possible explaination is that she is not human.

Is it really? Maybe she wears make up. Maybe humans have discovered not only FTL space flight, but also the secret of clinical immortality. Maybe that's a very realistic mask that she wears to cover her horribly disfigured face. Maybe she's a ghost. Maybe she's a vampire. Maybe she's Adventure Guy's dying dream as he lies broken under the avalanche of rock that hit him earlier. That would also explain why she isn't wearing pants. ::)

Seriously, Dr. Les treated her as an equal, and he was most likely a human based on his skeletal structure. She had her own room in the facility, a room completely devoid of any robot maintenance equipment such as a reloading dock. All the other robots we have met so far have treated her as a human. What more do you want, a Voidt-Kampf empathy test?

...Actually, we'd probably score higher than her on one of those. Never mind.

>Do not bring up the completely ridiculous notion that Dr. Feringus could possibly be a robot. Abandon this line of thinking immediately.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: February 22, 2011, 02:02:04 pm »

>Do not bring up the completely ridiculous notion that Dr. Feringus could possibly be a robot. Abandon this line of thinking immediately.
Agreed.

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: February 22, 2011, 03:41:23 pm »

So since the cores operate on certain frequencies, I'd guess the music box would make them highly unstable(Given its effect on skree and the weather).  Likely it would cause a hellish cataclysm destroying the ship and yourself(Plus the oculoids in the core maybe).  There's no way of telling how strong it would destabalize things though so it might be a VERY bad idea.(End of the planet)

Throw the broken bird and egg at Feringus and exclaim "LOOK WHAT SCIENCE HATH DONE!".
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: February 22, 2011, 04:33:42 pm »

Agreed.

If we can convince ourselves that she isnt human, we maybe able to ignore her commands.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #2324 on: February 22, 2011, 04:37:47 pm »

If we can convince ourselves that she isnt human, we maybe able to ignore her commands.

No.

Throw the broken bird and egg at Feringus and exclaim "LOOK WHAT SCIENCE HATH DONE!".

No.

Agreed.

Yes.
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 168