Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 168

Author Topic: [ISG] Adventure Guy! - Epilogue  (Read 495255 times)

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Final Round 16.24: Endgame.
« Reply #2355 on: February 23, 2011, 09:49:12 pm »

I can imagine you haveing a lot of free time after this is over.
What do you think? Yes? No?

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: February 23, 2011, 09:58:11 pm »

I can imagine you haveing a lot of free time after this is over.

Like you wouldn't believe, man.

Of course, I'm probably going to start something else after this ends. But it's not going to be so time-intensive on my part :\

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: February 23, 2011, 11:16:17 pm »

So you're a human then?

Why do you have all that junk on? you aren't even wearing a shirt like a normal human.

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2358 on: February 24, 2011, 06:05:09 am »

Really not sure what to do here. :)

It'd be nice to continue chatting her up, trying to persuade her to see the obvious benefits of turning this planet into an oculoid preserve, but it seems that we're running out of time.
>Do you actually have to doom the oculoids? You said you can grow the chemical at your discretion. How much of it do you need?

How about trying to convince her that giving humanity infinite free energy forever might be a bad idea? That's what the oculoids had, and look what happened to them.
>Are you sure you are saving humanity? I've only spent a few days making friends with the oculoids, but I've already learned how the lack of predators, threats and strife led to their culture stagnating. They used to build statues and stone circles. Then they sealed themselves underground and didn't venture out until we came.

Also, we still have the letter from Les, right? Giving that to Feringus still sounds like a decent idea.
We should definitely do these.  Seems that she's somewhat out for vengeance though, so the first working is unlikely.

Alternatively: Play the music box. This remains the gamble option. The music makes the energy balls grow, and cools the planet, but what effect does that have on people and space vessels currently in the energy ball room?
Given that using a music box on the surface caused storms all over the planet, using it down here could downright make the chemical X (and the planet around it) explode.  Probably ought to save this one for last.
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: February 24, 2011, 10:02:27 am »

>If, and only if all else fails, play the music box.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: February 24, 2011, 11:52:33 am »

Seems that she's somewhat out for vengeance though, so the first working is unlikely.
If she does seem out for vengeance. "So much for no emotional weight."

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: February 24, 2011, 03:11:05 pm »

Seems that she's somewhat out for vengeance though, so the first working is unlikely.
If she does seem out for vengeance. "So much for no emotional weight."

Vengeance against the Ocloids? Possible, maybe thats why she is ignoring everything we say about them. If she has to realize that it was her doing that kill Les by turning them big, she will have to go through all of that emotion she has been denying herself.
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: February 24, 2011, 03:12:23 pm »

Let her see what is in our memory chip. I think that would show things well...
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: February 24, 2011, 03:27:16 pm »

I say go for it, if it is possible.

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: February 24, 2011, 03:42:43 pm »

I say go for it, if it is possible.

The question is, why hasnt she simply stopped us out right? If her task at hand is the topt priority, why are we still left with our "will free" intact without her commanding us what to do next?

I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: February 24, 2011, 03:52:47 pm »

Denying the Ocloids have intelligence must be hard. Once you do that, you have to accept it was your fault Les died.

Say this at a moment where distracting her is a good idea.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: February 24, 2011, 03:55:19 pm »

Just finished writing the update, but won't have time to draw it until later tonight. Seems redundant to keep saying this I guess since I've said "it's coming later" preceding just about every update this week but w/e. Since I won't start drawing it for a bit, it's still not set in stone, so keep on at your discretion.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Final Round 16.25: Endgame.
« Reply #2367 on: February 24, 2011, 11:46:52 pm »

>Do you actually have to doom the oculoids? You said you can grow the chemical at your discretion. How much of it do you need?

You feel rather put on the spot and try and sidestep the question, asking if it’s really necessary to take all of the chemical and leave the oculoids none with which to sustain the planet.

Yes, it is necessary. The chemical growth rate is incredibly slow. The more we have, the faster we can grow it exponentially. I don’t want a new unlimited energy source years from now, I want it today. Stop changing the subject and choose.” The doctor is getting rather fed up with you.

The oculoid seems to have lost interest in your backpack and is staring at the fading light trails in the air.

Say –snip-

As the last of the globe swirls off into the ship, you try to explain that she is prematurely writing off the oculoids as non-intelligent by way of ignoring their psychology.

She is most certainly angry now. “There’s nothing to study! They respond animalistically to physical stimuli, their screeching sounds don’t have any sort of pattern to them, and touching them just gives off a sort of fear-inducing pheremone, presumably made by some internal gland to scare off predators. There is nothing to study.

"I’m getting a bit tired of your stalling, robot. I’ve got somewhere to be that I’ve dearly, dearly missed these last two years.”

You are now in the center of the chamber, as best you can judge. The other spheres have been drawn towards the ship, and are beginning to come loose themselves, all at once. The light waves stream towards the ship from all directions.

Commune with the oculoid and direct it to commune with Feringus.

Getting low on options, you pick up the oculoid. It seems to be enjoying the cold winds and pretty lights flashing by you. You direct it to talk to Feringus and greet her in a friendly manner.

Before you can put it down and let it crawl over to her, she stops you.

“Don’t let go of that thing.”

You feel your arms freeze up, oculoid still well in hand.

“Okay, robot, it was fun pretending you had a choice, but the short of it is that you’re coming back with me whether you like it or not. Now are you going to get over your faulty sympathetic artificially-generated personality issues and get rid of that creature of your own ‘free will,’ or am I going to have to teach you a lesson in obedience and make you?”

You flinch.

“Do it, robot. Put your hands together and kill it. Crush it! Pop its eye like a grape! Do it! That’s an order, robot, kill the oculoid!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 12:42:00 am by Retro »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: February 24, 2011, 11:48:19 pm »

Hug it. That will bring our hands together, if we hug it.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: February 25, 2011, 12:17:04 am »

Hug it. That will bring our hands together, if we hug it.

in defiance shout "NOOOO!!!" while making a visible effort to not hurt the creature oculoid.
What do you think? Yes? No?
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 168