Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168

Author Topic: [ISG] Adventure Guy! - Epilogue  (Read 494235 times)

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Epilogue
« Reply #2475 on: March 09, 2011, 07:50:26 am »

This is simply the best forum game there is.

Thank you again.

chewie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: March 09, 2011, 09:48:12 am »

That was truly an epic game and story. Did gentleman also get his own grave?

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: March 09, 2011, 10:31:13 am »

he fell into an sun.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: March 09, 2011, 11:10:12 am »

He also forced us to kill Skree, and went insane with rage trying to murder as much as he could. He planned to kill us and the Doctor.
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #2479 on: March 09, 2011, 11:11:21 am »

He also forced us to kill Skree, and went insane with rage trying to murder as much as he could. He planned to kill us and the Doctor.
I would like to put emphasis on insane.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: March 09, 2011, 11:21:22 am »

Yeah, this has been fun. You should definitely get this mirrored somewhere more permanent. :)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: March 09, 2011, 12:04:37 pm »

Bravo.

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: March 09, 2011, 12:08:46 pm »

*Standing ovation*

Wow, Retro. You managed to take what seemed like a dungeon crawl, and turned it into something more awesome than the sum of it's parts. I take my hat off to you, Sir!

EDIT: grammar fix
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 01:36:00 pm by hubris_incalculable »
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: March 09, 2011, 01:15:38 pm »

Yea, this was amazing you did perfectly in every way I can think of. And it actually FINISHED, that's very rare for something like this, a true feat.

I look eagerly forward to the next one.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: March 09, 2011, 02:14:09 pm »

It's not exactly an MSPA fan adventure, but I think it would fit perfectly on the MSPFA site.

Seriously, though, Retro, I admire you in so many ways for finishing this and for making such a wonderful story. I haven't enjoyed something on the internet so much in a very, very long time, and I doubt that there's anything that will come close to this for a long, long time.

Bravo, and thank you so much!

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: March 09, 2011, 02:37:12 pm »

Wow, thank you, guys. That's a pretty overwhelming response.

Here's something else to listen to for your kind words: http://tindeck.com/listen/kvli - This is the full version of Facade. I never found a place to include it in the game; only the shorter piano version got included. Weirdly, this one also uses the actual 'music box' sound to start off, while I opted to use a synth for the actual music box song.

I didn't show the entire burial grounds, but I envisioned it as being made up of the two giant oculoids that AG met while alive, Skree, Les, the six other AuxBots (including Patch, not including Gentleman), the bird, the egg, Mnemnem, the cocoons that AG burned behind the mirror, and the few oculoids that died during Gentleman's rampage. Effectively every character in the game that died except Gentleman himself.

Gentleman started off as a rather apathetic-to-the-player neutral character, who wasn't really concerned with what you were up to unless he had a way of benefiting from it. Around the point where he got knocked into the sewage vat and acid splattered over his robotic 'brain,' he started to seriously lose it, which turned him into an emotionally stunted aggressor with a murderous streak who wanted the Doctor's attention all for himself. His mild sense of social superiority stemming from his upper-class-gentleman persona mutated into a serious inferiority complex in which he had to destroy all possible rivals to his Doctor-favoured position to prove his worth. AG, the robot who had both knocked him into the acid and was the Doctor's main focus, became an obsession of Gentleman's because he couldn't prove his superiority nor was he allowed to kill him. By the end, he was just a psychotic hate machine who didn't really know what he wanted and didn't know how to express or resolve his feelings of sadness or inadequacy. He had no intention of seeking redemption, nor was he probably really capable of it, so AG didn't deem him worthy of a grave marker.

Still, grave marker or not, it's safe to say AG is still affected by some of the things Gentleman said, especially during the Skree standoff. He kept the slash marks, after all.

It's not exactly an MSPA fan adventure, but I think it would fit perfectly on the MSPFA site.

I'd rather not use the MSPFA site or designation, for reasons noted in this post. I also want to set up the mirror a little differently, where the 'next' link just says 'next' and isn't the next command, because I might opt to use multiple commands above a panel or none in some cases. And I want to do font stuff differently and just generally have more control over the formatting of the pages. Plus if I do anything else it might be better to have my own small site rather than host several things on the MSPFA one.

A TV Tropes page would be cool though.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: March 09, 2011, 07:10:04 pm »

Fantastic. I've always had a soft spot for a good redeemable villain, and a hero who doesn't ultimately win their quest just by fighting. TGChan's Quest archive might be a good place to host them, though I don't know their policies on adventure games hosted elsewhere. It's where Weaver, of RubyQuest fame, hosts his old and new stuff.

Cardinal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: March 09, 2011, 08:34:02 pm »

You have done an excellent job.  And that was a lovely ending.  I can't wait to see your next project.
Engraved is an image of a Human and a video game. The Human is making a plaintive gesture.

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: March 09, 2011, 10:51:29 pm »

Y'know, I can completely put myself in your situation, if I bought and had no idea how it worked, I really would have started a project somewhere and used it to gain skill. Now, having no real solid plan is what I do with everyday life.

Great job, cant wait for whatever project is next, and good luck in whatever you decide to do in life afterwards.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: March 10, 2011, 03:14:49 pm »

Really good work, man. I can't wait for whatever you make next.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 05:15:02 pm by Diablous »
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168