Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 168

Author Topic: [ISG] Adventure Guy! - Epilogue  (Read 493447 times)

JonMW

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Offline
« Reply #255 on: July 27, 2010, 06:24:26 am »

> Chug sufficient whiskey to deaden pain and fear response, save remainder in bucket, then break bottle to use as weapon

I can't see how this can possibly be a bad idea.
ext items on my to-do list:
World-cancer and cure peace.

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 27, 2010, 06:53:02 am »

There is a perfectly useful hammer back in the smithy we can use as a weapon. All we need to do is figure out how to remove the cable from the anvil.
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

JonMW

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 27, 2010, 07:32:05 am »

We don't know how long it'll be until we'll be able to complete that step, or if we're meant to detach it at all. It seems silly to me to go poking around in potentially dangerous places without a weapon under the assumption that we simply won't encounter a monster before we're capable of dealing with it - it breaks immersion. Or something.
ext items on my to-do list:
World-cancer and cure peace.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 27, 2010, 05:02:38 pm »

There's some black spot-thing, on the far right side (looks like a mouse hole or something that-like). Investigate it.
Also, look inside the skull. They always put the nicieys inside the skull.
Love, scriver~

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 27, 2010, 05:08:28 pm »

we've already check that, it had a rod\key thingie

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 27, 2010, 06:52:06 pm »

Yes, but that was from his left hand. There might still be untold amount of treasure and/or scorpions left inside the skull. It is, I believe, what Schrodinger proved when he killed his kitteh to see if it had any treasure inside it's head.
Love, scriver~

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 27, 2010, 06:57:37 pm »

i meant the mouse hole, not the skull

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 27, 2010, 07:12:50 pm »

Yes, but that was from his left hand. There might still be untold amount of treasure and/or scorpions left inside the skull. It is, I believe, what Schrodinger proved when he killed his kitteh to see if it had any treasure inside it's head.

He both succeeded and failed at killing the cat; both at the same time. Fortunately and unfortunately, he also, did not - and at the same time did - find treasure inside the dead kitty's skull as well as inside the live kitty's skull. Yeah, figure that one out...NOT!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 27, 2010, 07:14:24 pm »

Different universes.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 27, 2010, 07:21:48 pm »

i meant the mouse hole, not the skull
Oh yeah, I remember now. Waaaay back many pages ago, that was.

He both succeeded and failed at killing the cat; both at the same time. Fortunately and unfortunately, he also, did not - and at the same time did - find treasure inside the dead kitty's skull as well as inside the live kitty's skull. Yeah, figure that one out...NOT!
All I know is that he then proceeded to stuff the cat - which might or might not have been alive at that point, into a box. Oh, and the cat was black, and Schrodinger found himself with a strong need to unburden himself.
Love, scriver~

namad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 28, 2010, 01:21:06 am »

for one the command was the search the skeleton therefore it has been searched.

the cat was alive when it went into the box, this is KEY to the experiment.  as soon as something is not alive, it can never be alive again... that was a key point.... the experiment would've been different with a stuffed cat....

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 28, 2010, 05:59:10 am »

No, no, no. You all got it wrong. Schrödinger put a (living) cat in a box with a deathtrap that MIGHT go off, or not, depending on whether a radioactive atom decays. The cat was found a week later in a cupboard, looking very surprised. Somewhere Niels Bohr walks among us, unobserved and immortal.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 28, 2010, 06:11:10 am »

I'm not really sure how this Schrodinger's cat stuff got brought into the discussion here, but whatever, that's cool too?

Anyhow I'll be running a session in a couple hours, probably around two-ish. Juuust a heads-up yo. I've also spent most of this morning hashing out the very last of the plot details I hadn't sorted out, and the grand story, and... well, it's gonna be a wild ride :D We've barely scratched the surface.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Live
« Reply #268 on: July 28, 2010, 08:55:38 am »

Spoiler: Here we go! Round 5 (click to show/hide)

> Chug sufficient whiskey to deaden pain and fear response, save remainder in bucket, then break bottle to use as weapon

The bucket is no good for convenient carrying, nor would that be hygenic, but you have yourself a good swig of Glen Avon and feel a lot better. AH YEAH. BURNS SO GOOD.

grab the skull to reenact the "alas poor yorik" scene from hamlet, but instead citing the "to be or not to be" part. then add the skull to your inventory, it's a nice lucky charm.

You don't know what a Yorik is but you spend a little bit of time monkeying around with the skull.

What's that Mr. Skully? Little Billy fell down the waterhole?
Arf!
I'm sure we'll get him out fine; let's not lose our heads about this! Ohohoho!
Arf arf!

You don't really know what sounds a skull is supposed to make but barking seemed to work pretty well.

Find a damn weapon! Maybe a bone from the skell if nothing else.

You further desecrate the skeleton by repurposing its legbone. I guess he'll have to rest in pieces.

Remark that door looks like a fanged mouth.

A little bit, yeah. But your whisky-ed senses are thoroughly unconcerned.

go through the doorway

You step over a weird device and into a room with a strange machine in it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Live
« Reply #269 on: July 28, 2010, 08:58:02 am »

A note! Read the note! Then open the hatch on the machine.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 168