Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 168

Author Topic: [ISG] Adventure Guy! - Epilogue  (Read 490059 times)

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Offline
« Reply #195 on: July 24, 2010, 08:59:08 am »

check the price for the can in the vending machine, buy it with the appropriate eyedollar coin

EDIT: try to tie the string to the coin before puting it in the machine, so you can possibly recover the coin.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 09:04:20 am by Askot Bokbondeler »

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 25, 2010, 03:38:58 am »

ignore me >>
Great adventure so far retro!
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #197 on: July 25, 2010, 12:24:40 pm »

check the price for the can in the vending machine, buy it with the appropriate eyedollar coin
I was wondering why nobody was suggesting this.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 25, 2010, 12:46:57 pm »

We go live tonight! No session last night because I took the time to plot out the first "chapter" of this adventure and there are a looot more maps coming (you guys are only really on the third, so don't worry, there's plenty more :D ). Hopefully this means I won't have to pause to draw new rooms tonight - it's kind of interesting cuz I don't know which of the few branches available you're all going to take, so I need to have all of them ready, which is a lot of plannin'. But ah well, it just means I won't have to come back and draw them later :P

It's 2:45pm here (atlantic time, or forum time +2), and I'll probably rev this baby up around 10pm.

Arrr, scrap that. I can't give a full day's notice - I'm rather behind on sleep and my options right now are "finish up session prep then pass out by session time" or "sleep now, not be ready by session time." Gonna stick to 'ready when it's ready' but at least you all know I'm getting work done!

Might I request that the large views of each currently accessible room be displayed in the first post, so that we don't need to find the previous large view to go looking for stuff we missed.

Aye, I'll lead off the next session with this.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 02:00:51 pm by Retro »

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 25, 2010, 03:54:29 pm »

try to tie the string to the coin before puting it in the machine, so you can possibly recover the coin.

We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 25, 2010, 06:01:04 pm »

Examine mirror!

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 25, 2010, 06:05:23 pm »

We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 26, 2010, 12:07:37 am »

Insert Lightning Medallion inside Idol`s eye hole, then try inserting it in the music box`s hole.
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 26, 2010, 12:14:51 am »

The medallion goes into the panel at the bottom of the ladder, but don't bother till we have the whole set...

>Tie string to ladder!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Live
« Reply #204 on: July 26, 2010, 05:27:55 am »

Spoiler: Okay, and we're live! (click to show/hide)

Fill the bucket with water, toss water into the fire place.

You twist the knob and fill the bucket. Woooooosh! The water is a little gross and dark-looking but that's okay.

Splash! The fire extinguishes with a steamy hiss.

Light shines down from above.

try to tie the string to the coin before puting it in the machine, so you can possibly recover the coin.

You check out the vending machine. The only thing in there is an unlabeled can, costing 11 eyedollars. You only have a 3 and 5 coin. Fortunately with some clever thinking you can use one coin twice!

The unlabeled can falls out. You take it.

Tie string to ladder

Um, okay. You do this.

The string is just kind of hanging out there.

Insert Lightning Medallion inside Idol`s eye hole, then try inserting it in the music box`s hole.

The idol's eye mark is a protrusion (it inserted into the safe handle's indentation); the music box's marking is just decoration.

Examine mirror!

You examine the sink and mirror. The sink has a hot and cold handle, both turning inwards. Written on the mirror is HCCHCH.

Huh?

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 26, 2010, 05:30:32 am »

JESUS CHRIST WHAT IS THAT IN THE MIRROR

Examine self more closely, in hopes that we are not an elder god.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 26, 2010, 05:45:14 am »

Examine self more closely, in hopes that we are not an elder god.

You wave hi.

SMASH THE MIRROR

You are beaten to it.

Dasleah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 26, 2010, 05:49:11 am »

D:

Put bucket on head for protection, run screaming to other room. Hide in corner. Reconsider life choices that lead to one becoming an Adventurer.

Hope fear sweat is a terrible marinade.
Pokethulhu Orange: UPDATE 25
The Roguelike Development Megathread.

As well, all the posts i've seen you make are flame posts, barely if at all constructive.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 26, 2010, 06:04:48 am »

Put bucket on head for protection, run screaming to other room.

You quickly back away from the thing. It writhes around on the floor, watching you. You don't want to get any closer if you can help it, bucket or no.

You book it to the smithy. The thing is hot on your heels!

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 26, 2010, 06:06:53 am »

Hit the eye thing with the hammer in the smithy.
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 168