Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 168

Author Topic: [ISG] Adventure Guy! - Epilogue  (Read 490189 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Live: Round 6
« Reply #435 on: August 03, 2010, 01:35:51 am »

Alright, I finally got back to reading this, if only briefly. So I'm not exactly up to date a whole lot.

Anyway, after Evergod's action, push the cold lever down again and then quickly kick the hot lever down.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Live: Round 6
« Reply #436 on: August 03, 2010, 01:43:12 am »

push the other lever back up THEN check heat of wires

No luck - you hear a lot of clunking from somewhere else in the cave, but the wires remain hot. The heated switch remains searing as well.

Lets head back to the glass pannel room and do the other stuff.

You trek back across the mountaintop.

Shatter the glass with the crobar!

WHONG!!!

It's some kind of plexiglass crap. You're reminded of the vending machine's glass. What is it with building random access-blocking constructs out of unbreakable materials?? This is stupid!

After failing to beat through the glass with the crow bar look through the doooome!

The dome is totally opaque! And made of... you're not sure exactly. It's not anything you're immediately familiar with.

Put the dog in the bucket. Put the tentacle thing on there too. Put the toolbox on it if it still doesn't go down.

The dog isn't here. There is a weird new door in the wall, though. You investigate.

How quaint?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Offline
« Reply #437 on: August 03, 2010, 01:46:56 am »

Who the heck thought putting an incinerator room right next to a lobby was a good idea?!

Hm, there seems to be fluid coming from the "C.F." room.

Enter the C.F. Room.

Also: Retro, you missed/ignored my action. If you ignored it, why?

Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: August 03, 2010, 01:55:29 am »

Also: Retro, you missed/ignored my action. If you ignored it, why?

I try and catch every command posted (if it's a plausible one) but my update was already prepared when I noticed there was another few posts, so it got cut out. Hopefully the response to Evergod's command gives the same information you were trying to discern - namely, that the two switches were unconnected ["the heated switch remains searing as well"].

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: August 03, 2010, 02:01:29 am »

It didn't discern anything for me. I wanted to push down that switch to see what would happen, I didn't get to see what would happen. :-\

I learned nearly nothing other then then that the switches aren't connected to eachother (which you pointed out, although I would have never found that out myself just from that small amount of text).
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 02:03:08 am by Tarran »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: August 03, 2010, 02:04:50 am »

Look under plaque
examine plaque
look under lamp
examine lamp
Look under carpet
make fort under carpet
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: August 03, 2010, 08:00:14 am »

Round 7

« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 03:49:44 am by Retro »

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: August 03, 2010, 08:16:40 am »

Play chess with the dog. No, really.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: August 03, 2010, 08:17:09 am »

RAM, I'd appreciate it if you could make one or two suggestions at once rather than six.

It didn't discern anything for me. I wanted to push down that switch to see what would happen, I didn't get to see what would happen. :-\

I learned nearly nothing other then then that the switches aren't connected to eachother (which you pointed out, although I would have never found that out myself just from that small amount of text).

Well, both switches were already switched from their initial position prior to that command. The rightmost, regular-temperature one elicited a "ker-clunk" from elsewhere in the caves, and the leftmost, heated one made the metal sheets in the center of the wire contraption unwind. As of the post where I didn't use your command, all four possible combinations had been tried (began down-up, switched to down-down, switched to up-down, and then fiddling with the one on the right gave up-up although it was changed back shortly thereafter). Since you said you weren't trying to see if they were connected, I'm assuming you missed something.

If you'd like to discuss it further, PM me. I don't want this thread getting too bogged down with meta-stuff.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: August 03, 2010, 11:11:36 am »

I'm assuming the ker-clunk was the now-open door that the dog went through. 'Course I could be wrong. Maybe the gentleman(C.F.?) opened it.

Spectre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: August 03, 2010, 11:16:43 am »

I bet it was the lever.

Study the chessboard. There has to be a riddle hidden in the chessboard.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: August 03, 2010, 11:21:51 am »

Check for valuables under hat.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Spectre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: August 03, 2010, 11:25:22 am »

What hat?

Oh, and
Don't move the chess pieces!

Also:
Search the couch thoroughly.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 11:28:09 am by Spectre »

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: August 03, 2010, 11:32:46 am »

Play chess with the dog. No, really.
What are you talking about? Poker is the only game suitable for such a fine specimen.

Examine the liquid under C.F.'s door
Examine the plaque
Look through the keyholes of the doors

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: August 03, 2010, 11:43:36 am »

Is the dome made out of the same materials as the stone circle?
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 168