Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 168

Author Topic: [ISG] Adventure Guy! - Epilogue  (Read 490163 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Offline
« Reply #450 on: August 03, 2010, 02:01:58 pm »

Well, both switches were already switched from their initial position prior to that command. The rightmost, regular-temperature one elicited a "ker-clunk" from elsewhere in the caves, and the leftmost, heated one made the metal sheets in the center of the wire contraption unwind. As of the post where I didn't use your command, all four possible combinations had been tried (began down-up, switched to down-down, switched to up-down, and then fiddling with the one on the right gave up-up although it was changed back shortly thereafter). Since you said you weren't trying to see if they were connected, I'm assuming you missed something.
Ah, thanks for clearing it up.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: August 04, 2010, 01:36:50 pm »

Well my idiot landlord just broke our home internet, so running sessions is going to be near impossible for a little while - instead I'll be doing big many-commands-at-once updates every now and then until this is sorted out (hopefully within the week). Just passing word on. I'll come back and grab all these latest commands in a little while.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: August 04, 2010, 03:15:21 pm »

Okay. Hope you can get it sorted out quick.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Quick Update
« Reply #453 on: August 04, 2010, 05:08:56 pm »

Enter the C.F. Room.

The door is locked. You try the skeleton's key, but it doesn't work.

Look under and examine plaque

It's a copy of the Hippocratic Oath. It's affixed to the wall-- it won't budge.

Play chess with the dog. No, really.

You invite the dog to play a round. It slobbers a bit in response.

look under lamp

There's a broken bulb under the lampshade.

Look under carpet

Under one corner of the carpet is another note.

This one is written in a different handwriting than P.A. Les'. It's also quite succinct.

Study the chessboard. Oh, and don't move the chess pieces!

You check out the chessboard. There are only six pieces on the board; three white and three black. Shame - with a full set of pieces you'd be able to play a game or two.

Search the couch thoroughly.

You find some kind of floor plan-looking thing.

It appears to be one page out of a series.

Examine the liquid under C.F.'s door

It appears to be a very dark, dank water. You can hear running water coming from somewhere.

Look through the keyholes of the doors

In the P.A.L. room, you see a set of hooks with some kind of bra-looking thing hanging from one of them. You can also see part of another door, with water leaking from underneath it. The room appears to continue to the left a bit, out of sight.

In the C.F. room, the view is pretty similar, with the room extending to the right. The entire floor is soaked in a thin coat of water. On these set of hooks there is a labcoat.

Spectre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: August 04, 2010, 05:17:45 pm »

I just want to point out, in case you didnt notice or were to lazy, the map is the floor we are currently on.
Here is what I mean:

Check the incinerator room door
Go into the unlabeled room with the salon door.

Edit: Updated the map.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 05:44:41 pm by Spectre »

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: August 04, 2010, 05:25:12 pm »

Mosey through the saloon type door.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Spectre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: August 04, 2010, 05:38:53 pm »

Oh, absolutly forgot. Before we move on:

Check the cabinet. Inside as well as under it and behind. Also, check the fruit bowl and picture. Check the fruit bowl for hidden items. Then take two apples/oranges/whatever. Eat one and offer the other one to the dog. Then empty the bowl into our bag.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: August 04, 2010, 05:47:20 pm »

The chess board is VERY likely to be a code or a puzzle. I just know it, you can't fool me Retro.

Anyway, try to enter the PAL room.

Check underneath the couch and cabinet.

Finally, try to enter the incinerator room.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: August 04, 2010, 05:58:14 pm »

The chess board is a code or a puzzle.
Yeah, it's probably the key to opening some other door. I suspect the lack of a white king is also important.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: August 04, 2010, 05:58:51 pm »

Destroy the chess board.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: August 04, 2010, 05:59:47 pm »

Destroy the chess board.
VETO. This is a stupid action. A VERY stupid action.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: August 04, 2010, 06:00:44 pm »

Destroy the chess board.
VETO. This is a stupid action. A VERY stupid action.

Spectre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: August 04, 2010, 06:01:44 pm »

Destroy the chess board.

And we already memorized the position of the chess pieces.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - OSHI
« Reply #463 on: August 04, 2010, 06:08:27 pm »

Destroy the chess board.

You eat the pieces and rip the board in half. You then completely forget how the pieces were arranged.

Later you burn the board halves.

Spectre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: August 04, 2010, 06:10:37 pm »

And I remember the arrangement. Nothing you can do about.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 168