Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 168

Author Topic: [ISG] Adventure Guy! - Epilogue  (Read 490061 times)

Spectre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Offline (Between-Round Update)
« Reply #630 on: August 17, 2010, 09:18:39 am »

I'm for the quick updates, because the time when you did those sessions was always around 5 am my time.  :-\

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: August 17, 2010, 09:50:36 am »

I agree with spectre, by the time I came around all the cookies were usually already eaten...
Love, scriver~

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: August 17, 2010, 10:50:26 am »

I'm with Spectre. The live sessions always seem to be when I'm asleep or otherwise away from the computer.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: August 17, 2010, 06:14:40 pm »

I agree with the above three posts. It seems you live in the wtrong part of the world, Retro  :P
Entropy is not what it used to be.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Update 9.3
« Reply #634 on: August 17, 2010, 09:48:05 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

READ DEM NOTES!

You flip open the notepad. It appears to be a personal journal. It reads as follows:

Day 142

I have used up another notepad. Before we left, I had thought that three would be more than enough to compile my personal thoughts. I was sorely mistaken.

We have been here nearly half a… year, I will say. Still no progress of any sort. Our quarters are long-since completed and yet even with this pressing matter far behind us we have learned nothing. When we found the dolmen we had been excited to research it, but were unable to dent or scratch any of it to take a sample. Weather patterns have been… unique, but we did not come here to study the weather. I know it is here. We know it is here. In time we will find it. We must. I pray the extended isolation will not take us first. Les believes

(there are a few ripped out pages here)

unfortunate. But they are mere setbacks. We have invested too much time to be turned away now. It will be found.

Day 279

I had at first assumed I had made a mistake, but it has been a week since my last journal entry. I had thought it had been a day, perhaps two. Is it our isolation that causes time to feel as though time is flying past us, or our life underground? We spend time on the surface when we can, but that is so rare with the storms. The hut has fallen into disrepair as well. We no longer care to rebuild it.

As I sit here I try to think of what has happened in the last week and I realize that I have said little in that time. I cannot recall a single conversation with Les. There is little to say, I will suppose. Our work is all that we have left.

Les believes we will make progress within a month, if nothing unexpected happens concerning the mutagen. I am less confident, but unle—

The word trails off in a splotchy ink mark.

A creature was under the bed. I have shooed it out. I will make a note to begin designing new defense installations tomorrow. This cannot go on.

Until tomorrow, diary.

Day 407

At long last: progress.

(there are several blank pages here)

for safekeeping:

The bottom half of this page has been ripped out. The rest of the notepad is blank, until the last page.

We are undone.

Search the bed/mattress
search under the bed as well.

You throw the room apart. There is nothing but a dead oculoid tentacle in the damp water.

Get the labcoat on

Doesn’t really fit you—it’s rather small, actually.

Try to look clever by doing a poor impersonation of a scientist, using the notepad.

WELL WHAT DO WE HAVE HERE??

You don’t know exactly what scientists act like but you are having a lot of fun!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Check the labcoats pockets

You check dem pockits.

There is an ID card. It reads Dr. C. Feringus, P.H.D. There is also a photo.

“user: phdcf” is written on the back.

Check out the dock in the volcano, what the heck is it made out of?

You leave the labcoat behind before you go. It’s really restricting.

It appears to be made out of some kind of wood. Where it meets the magma, it is not melted or singed in the least.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 04:36:52 am by Retro »

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: August 17, 2010, 09:51:35 pm »

Throw something expendable into the magma.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: August 17, 2010, 10:00:14 pm »

...That wood has to be on crack or something. I mean seriously, how is that even possible? ???

Anyway:
This.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: August 17, 2010, 10:51:58 pm »

Test the integrity of the wooden bridge. If it seems sound, Walk down it and examine the fluid in a scientific manner.

Make up a name for the figure on the ID card.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: August 18, 2010, 01:20:37 am »

Walk onto the bridge and go to the far end.
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: August 18, 2010, 01:26:40 am »

Do we have a redshirt available?

If not, make it be a simple nearby rock.

No, wait...  Find a stick and put it into the lava.  We might not be able to see if whatever we threw in melted.

If the stick melts/catches fire, then obviously the bridge is:

A)  Not actually made of wood.
B)  Is magic.
C)  Is a god.

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #640 on: August 18, 2010, 01:27:17 am »

Break off some of the wood, and test it in the analyzer.

It's probably made of nether-caps.
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: August 18, 2010, 03:21:58 am »

Have sudden magma-induced inspiration and run back to the living room.  Visualize the board in the living room cupboard as a chess board.  Place the white circle tile at D4, the white lined tile at F1, the black circle tile at C3, and the black lined tile at G5.  If nothing happens, ponder that pieces are being represented by tiles of the opposite color.  Also consider rotating your visualization of the chess board.

Spectre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: August 18, 2010, 03:41:59 am »

I knew CF was a woman the moment you wrote that the labcoat is rather small. You made this one to easy =P
Other than that I have no clue what to do next.
We need to use that login ID on the terminal.

ETC: Obsolete  word
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 06:49:39 am by Spectre »

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: August 18, 2010, 05:11:23 am »

This.
Entropy is not what it used to be.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: August 18, 2010, 05:44:39 pm »

This.

But what would be the password?
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 168