Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 168

Author Topic: [ISG] Adventure Guy! - Epilogue  (Read 493546 times)

Spectre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Update 11.1
« Reply #975 on: September 01, 2010, 05:30:33 pm »

Spectre RAM, he's correct in that a "wall hanging" doesn't make sense. I was very confused until I realized you were talking about the copy of the Hippocratic oath.
Fixed that for you.
I only posted a link to a dictionary to make it easier for Retro to look it up (and because I looked it up as well).

Make a bishop and a queen tile by baking that tar from the kitchen?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 05:32:26 pm by Spectre »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: September 01, 2010, 08:58:09 pm »

Weird, just more evidence that the english language is splitting up into multiple languages...

Look at the other side of the tiles.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: September 02, 2010, 09:12:24 am »

Spectre RAM, he's correct in that a "wall hanging" doesn't make sense. I was very confused until I realized you were talking about the copy of the Hippocratic oath.
Fixed that for you.
I only posted a link to a dictionary to make it easier for Retro to look it up (and because I looked it up as well).

Ah whoops thank you for the correction. Yes, that's where I went astray. Your post confused me; I just assumed it was you. Har.

Weird, just more evidence that the english language is splitting up into multiple languages...

I don't think that'll happen what with the internet and all.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: September 02, 2010, 12:32:31 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Look at the other side of the tiles.

The other sides are all completely blank, in contrast to the protrusions on the frontsides.

Make a bishop and a queen tile by baking that tar from the kitchen?

You could certainly bake the black clay, but you wouldn't be able to properly shape the tiles into square shapes, nor would you be able to create the proper protrusions. You also don't have any moldable white clay around! But if you could produce some, and then find some way to shape the clay into squares, and then figure out how to make the protrusions... It's a step in the right direction.

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: September 02, 2010, 01:59:15 pm »

You could certainly bake the black clay, but you wouldn't be able to properly shape the tiles into square shapes, nor would you be able to create the proper protrusions. You also don't have any moldable white clay around! But if you could produce some, and then find some way to shape the clay into squares, and then figure out how to make the protrusions... It's a step in the right direction.

We could make squares (and protrusions) by copying the tiles we have using the gel-like stuff in the box with the handle in the kitchen. But we still need white clay...
Entropy is not what it used to be.

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: September 02, 2010, 02:46:34 pm »

We could make squares (and protrusions) by copying the tiles we have using the gel-like stuff in the box with the handle in the kitchen. But we still need white clay...
And it's not like we have alot to work with...
Without our bag and all...

Spectre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: September 02, 2010, 05:13:32 pm »

How does a mechanism differ by color?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: September 02, 2010, 05:22:39 pm »

Try to converse with the imonster.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Spectre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: September 02, 2010, 05:39:17 pm »

Take something white-ish and stuff it in the analyzer so it gets mushed. See if it gives white mush. Repeat until recieving the desired result. Make white tiles.
Start with P.A.L.'s skull.

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: September 02, 2010, 11:11:43 pm »

well we have a anvil and a furnace room, which means there has the be materials around that we can use to metal smith items.
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

namad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: September 04, 2010, 12:01:15 am »

maybe we can just put the chess pieces themselves into the slots? 

maybe the tiles we do have represent extra chess pieces removed from the board? so the puzzle actually has 10peices in it but only 4of them have a specific location in the slots? (the four we have?)

I'm not sure how a person could see a chess board with 6peices on it and go, my gosh there are 4missing and guess where they go.... but maybe the 4other pieces do indeed lead to a checkmate OR a stalemate... in fact a stalemate might be unique enough that there is only one possible combination? (check mates can occur in a large number of ways?)

we can always make a few dozen guesses if anyone knows enough about chess to draw up the guesses themselves specifically

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: September 04, 2010, 04:56:51 pm »

maybe we can just put the chess pieces themselves into the slots? 

maybe the tiles we do have represent extra chess pieces removed from the board? so the puzzle actually has 10peices in it but only 4of them have a specific location in the slots? (the four we have?)

I'm not sure how a person could see a chess board with 6peices on it and go, my gosh there are 4missing and guess where they go.... but maybe the 4other pieces do indeed lead to a checkmate OR a stalemate... in fact a stalemate might be unique enough that there is only one possible combination? (check mates can occur in a large number of ways?)

we can always make a few dozen guesses if anyone knows enough about chess to draw up the guesses themselves specifically
Sounds like a good idea.

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: September 04, 2010, 10:25:23 pm »

except for I have no idea which way the peices are facing... is black facing down or up?

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: September 05, 2010, 01:35:49 pm »

Sorry all, a massive hurricane came through Halifax yesterday and power just got restored half an hour ago. There's a lot of housework to do (garbage and leaves all over the lawn, everything in both our fridges is bad, etc) so I'm not sure when I'll be able to get back to this, but I haven't forgotten about you guys :)

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: September 05, 2010, 01:41:17 pm »

Good to know you're fine.  ;D
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 168