Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 168

Author Topic: [ISG] Adventure Guy! - Epilogue  (Read 489991 times)

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Update 11.6
« Reply #1050 on: September 13, 2010, 11:01:00 pm »

If we had out trusty whip, we could use it to turn on the device on the other side of the room. It looks like the room is a giant freezer.
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: September 13, 2010, 11:02:36 pm »

hopefuly they are blind and rely on smell?
...That's extremely, EXTREMELY unlikely. I mean, what's the point of a frigging gigantic eye if they don't use it?
There are lots of creatures with very large eyes, but can not see out of them or can not use them really well.

Besides, maybe its not a eye, but a body that just looks like an eye. Could be a giant circler noise. It is an alien creature, for all we know they could morph into sexy hot checks, and make robot love to us   >.>
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: September 13, 2010, 11:07:31 pm »

do dental work on the bug guy. it's what it really wants.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: September 13, 2010, 11:26:47 pm »

Hey Mnjiman there's a nice tasty edit button way over there on the right, try using it.
In a horrified manner, scream like a sissy and squat in the corner. Cover your face and cry like a little girl who's mommy is missing. Hold that little Oculoid close to you, it is your only tether to the real world. CRY! CRY! Make yourself look pitiful and hopeless, make yourself look like your less threatening than AIR! Just make yourself seem to not be worth this monsters time! Give up all hope and pray that something good happens, then CRY more!

I'm not a troll, this just seems like something reasonable to do in such a situation.
Thisssss.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: September 14, 2010, 12:00:45 am »

Besides, maybe its not a eye, but a body that just looks like an eye.
Possible, but a creature that relies entirely on touch isn't going to live long against basically any creatures that use more than one way to sense things in evolutionary terms.

Could be a giant circler circular noise nose.

That's unlikely. For one, there's no reason a nose would ever have a reason to evolve to be completely circular. Two, I don't see any nose holes. Three, that supposed nose looks like an eye. I mean, just look at it. Does it really look like a nose to you?

Of course, the creature could be artificially made/genetically altered. That seems quite likely since the only body they appear to have is their tentacles. But if it is, giving the eye monsters an eye would be far better than having them rely only on their tentacles to sense things (try closing your eyes and plugging up your nose then try to walk around your house). or a nose instead of an eye, since eyes are obviously superior (if you don't believe me, try walking around your house without using your eyes).

Anyway:
Just release the little one, then make a run for it.
This.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: September 14, 2010, 05:27:51 am »

I say we investigate these newfound communication abilities.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: September 14, 2010, 05:53:07 am »

Move quickly along the wall until you reach the sewage door.  Enter the sewage door.

JoshBrickstien

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the aspect of one fey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: September 14, 2010, 05:27:45 pm »

But what if it's locked?
Throw the small one into the big one's eye. If possible, shoot the claw at the big one's eye. repeat.
Edit: OH GOD, THE LEATHERS ARE MULTIPLYING WHENEVER I SLEEP.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: September 14, 2010, 06:31:55 pm »

But what if it's locked?

Break glass with robo-arm.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Update 11.7
« Reply #1060 on: September 15, 2010, 06:39:57 pm »

Poke it in the eye really hard.
Punch it in the eye.
If possible, shoot the claw at the big one's eye.
Just release the little one, then make a run for it.

You’re not sure you can get close enough to hit it in the eye without getting near the teeth, but you drop the little oculoid to free up your arm, then launch the clawgun into its eye. It recoils in SKREEEEEEEing pain, covering its eye with some tentacles.

Move quickly along the wall until you reach the sewage door. Enter the sewage door.

You book it across the room, outpacing the little oculoid. The big one is hot on both your heels.

Predictably enough, it doesn’t open, no matter how hard you pull. It seems to be frozen solid in the frame, though, rather than just locked. Can’t worry about it now, got to get away!

ACTION ROLL under the giant monster's teeth

You dive under the charging oculoid, its massive teeth narrowly missing you.

You are briefly run over by its trailing tentacles. You feel an overwhelming sensation of anger and blind rage.

The little oculoid has booked it out of the room already. You crawl out and follow it.

try to communicate with your cool new occuloid buddy!
investigate these newfound communication abilities.

You recall experiencing very strong raw emotional feelings whenever the oculoid was attached to you. It must be hiding again, though. It was just ahead of you, but is now gone.

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: September 15, 2010, 06:52:52 pm »

Uhhhhh, cabinet?

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: September 15, 2010, 06:56:08 pm »

From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #1063 on: September 15, 2010, 07:08:37 pm »

Uhhhhh, cabinet?
Too obvious. Stove.
Yeah that's probably just some old VHS tapes.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: September 15, 2010, 07:15:37 pm »

Two things:

Why did we not grab the note?

Did anybody else see the other robo-adventurer?
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 168