Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 168

Author Topic: [ISG] Adventure Guy! - Epilogue  (Read 490089 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Update 11.15 / Round-End
« Reply #1200 on: October 13, 2010, 02:44:29 pm »

Take the hat and backpack from the robo-adventurer, then take remove his arm to replace the one you're missing.
Yes, get back our stuff!
This.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: October 13, 2010, 03:17:41 pm »

Take the hat and backpack from the robo-adventurer, then take remove his arm to replace the one you're missing.
Yes, get back our stuff!
This.
We need our back-up hat, and an arm and a backpack wouldn't be bad either...

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: October 13, 2010, 07:35:10 pm »

Christ, consolidating this round took a while. Almost 20% of the story, and took 1/3 of the current running time. Anyhow, to give you something to do before we're back, here's a shot of the current inventory in your old backpack (now recovered!) - though some stuff appears to be missing, while other things are broken. But hey, not bad for having been separated from your inventory for nearing on two months.

YOU HAVE: A cracked egg, a dead bird, an eyepatch, a broken and empty bottle of Glen Avon whisky, a til of oil, Les' skull, the video cassette from the piano room, the eyedol, two coins, some string, a broken music box, the sun medallion, and a tin of Dapper Dan Men's Pomade.

Spoiler: Round 11 (click to show/hide)

Round 12
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 07:21:19 pm by Retro »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: October 13, 2010, 07:48:03 pm »

> Play music box.
> Reattach claw arm.
> Drag adventurer to medical room.

What happened to skree's teeth?

Do we try to revive the other adventurer? Or scrap them for spare parts...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: October 13, 2010, 07:53:52 pm »

> Play music box.
> Reattach claw arm.
> Drag adventurer to medical room.
These.

What happened to skree's teeth?
Eye monsters hide their teeth underneath some thingies attached to the bottom of their eye.

Do we try to revive the other adventurer? Or scrap them for spare parts...
The other adventurer looks long gone. So I say scrap.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #1205 on: October 13, 2010, 07:58:55 pm »

Remove some of the teeth from the slain monster thing. use them to make our robotic arm menace with spikes. Desist if skree does not approve.

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: October 14, 2010, 03:47:49 pm »

See if our pet Skree is ok.

Grab the note in the room where we first found the big monster. Read it.

Examine the body with one arm. Is it human or a robot? How did it die? Why does it have one arm the same as we have one arm? If its a robot, maybe we can take the second arm he has and use it for our own.

Examine the room to see if we missed anything items of interest.

Check the other adventure guys back pack too see if it has anything of use in it, maybe a clue.

We have a medallion of the sun, maybe we should play a with the piano and find a tune that will grant us intense sun light, then put the medallion in the light to activate it.
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: October 14, 2010, 05:10:08 pm »

Attach the wires from the room we woke up in to the apparently broken robot and try to fix it, preferably trying to figure it out as we go along, instead of just randomly pushing buttons, but whatever works...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Update 12.0
« Reply #1208 on: October 14, 2010, 05:49:49 pm »

Spoiler: The recap! (click to show/hide)

Take the hat

Oh baby. I’ll never leave you again, I promise.

Skree gives you a weird look. You can only assume he is jealous of your sweet fedora. But who cares what he thinks, because right now…

…it’s time…

…to adventure.

Take backpack

You got your stuff back! Wooooooooo! Time to ditch this piece of cord you’ve had slung around your shoulder for the last little while.

YOU HAVE: A cracked egg, a dead bird, an eyepatch, a broken and empty bottle of Glen Avon whisky, a til of oil, Les' skull, the video cassette from the piano room, the eyedol, two coins, some string, a broken music box, the sun medallion, and a tin of Dapper Dan Men's Pomade.

remove his arm to replace the one you're missing.

You grab his arm and shove it into your wirey-socket. Your body accepts the new arm quite easily. Sorry, Scrapheap, but an adventurer’s gotta do what an adventurer’s gotta do.

Examine the body with one arm. Is it human or a robot? How did it die? Why does it have one arm the same as we have one arm?

It’s the same as you, whatever that means. Looks skin-like on the outside, but has wiring all along its inside. This guy is pretty out of commission. His head’s been knocked loose from the body, his limbs are all snapped or broken off, and he’s got some kind of weird square-ish panel on his forehead.

You also just took his only good arm, so there’s that too.

check with Skree to make sue he isn't traumatized.

He seems pretty happy to be in the cold room now that the monster’s dead.

Play music box.

Busted.

Reattach claw arm.

Also busted.

Remove some of the teeth from the slain monster thing. use them to make our robotic arm menace with spikes.

Bones are pretty tough, and these ones seem pretty solid. No way you’re going to be able to snap anything off.

Examine the room to see if we missed anything items of interest.

Not much else here that isn’t teeth, tentacles, frosted eye-goop, ceiling chunks, or crap that fell in from the kitchen. Excluding that, there’s a note on the ground, and that thermostat-looking thing on the wall.

Grab the note in the room where we first found the big monster. Read it.

You grab the note; it appears to be one of several pages stuck together, likely from the notebook you recovered earlier.

to get suspicious.

Day 204

A discovery! Despite my assertions otherwise, Les appears to have been correct about the strange skittering noises we have heard being indicative of the presence organic life forms! Today an eye-looking creature crawled into our lower labs - I say 'eye-looking' because half its body mass must have been in the one single unblinking eye. It stared at us briefly then fled, presumably in animalistic fear. We followed it but were led to a dead end in the cave system. We are uncertain as to how it escaped our sight.

I will list what I was able to gather of its appearance thus far:
- Its body mass is predominantly a single eye, with a large pupil and a wide, horizontal line struck through it. Uncertain as to the purpose of the line.
- It moves around by spreading its presumably light weight across many long, tangled black tentacles.
- Directly underneath its eye is another set of hanging tentacles, these ones thicker, shorter, and a more grey colour. There appears to be some sort of bone structure behind it, but we were unable to see past this. Perhaps a protected exoskeleton? Other appendages? I can only speculate.

We have ceased looking for the creature and will attempt to appeal to it by resuming our working and hoping it returns of its own curiousity.

Day 209

The creatures have now hung around for three days, and with a bit of coercion they have become comfortable enough around us to let us examine them. I must correct my prior observations with new information I have learned during my time with the creatures, which we are now tentatively calling 'oculoids.'

- The line through their pupil appears to be part of their pupil as well. Without a scientific analysis I must presume it is to achieve depth perception to make up for the single eye, though I do not understand the workings behind this.
- There is a distinction between its two types of tentacles: the long, thin, black ones are used for propulsion as expected, and the thick grey short ones serve three purposes: As a protective shield in front of its weak spine, to grip objects and pass them into its large teeth structure for feeding using a secreted sticky coating, and to scare predators away. We are uncertain as to what predators exist in this place, nor where it stores nutrients from food.
- Its food source is very tough and likely relatively immobile or slow, as indicated by its large, powerful teeth, and the difficulty with which it consumes things.
- The origination of this sensation is undiscerned, but when in close contact with a creature oculoid, powerful emotions are felt. A defense mechanism? Until the creatures return, we cannot investigate further.

We will prepare a set of tools for their eventual return. An internal examination is necessary to understand these creatures better.

Day 212

Rusty has been barking all night. The creatures again? They will no longer leave

That’s the last page.

Drag adventurer to medical room.

All right, you’ve got two arms now, let’s drag this guy outta here. Maybe you can give him a jump start with that machine you were hooked up to or something.

Hm. This could be tricky.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 10:39:36 am by Retro »

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Update 12.0 / Round-End
« Reply #1209 on: October 14, 2010, 05:58:03 pm »

>Check thermostat.
>Pull at the "sewage" door. Does it seem to be frozen stuck? If so, see if you can increase temperature using thermostat.
Entropy is not what it used to be.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #1210 on: October 14, 2010, 05:58:33 pm »

Search around for some sturdy boards and build a bridge across the gap. Ask skree for a little help in doing so.

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: October 14, 2010, 06:00:26 pm »

The dog's name is rusty?!?!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: October 14, 2010, 06:12:30 pm »

The dog's name is rusty?!?!

Oh well, could have been worse.

Spade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: October 14, 2010, 06:17:09 pm »

How about these two things?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
DungeonEscape
Will you make it out alive?

Vikenator2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: October 14, 2010, 06:58:16 pm »

How about these two things?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Isn't the one on the left our claw-arm?

Also,
Adamantly refuse to call the dog anything but scruffles.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 168