Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 168

Author Topic: [ISG] Adventure Guy! - Epilogue  (Read 494549 times)

Doret

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm an Alien Roomba....
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Update 12.1
« Reply #1230 on: October 15, 2010, 08:43:37 pm »

Read the notes again, search for a Birth date. Type in the birth date in the following formats.
Month name/day/year
month #/day/year
day/month #/year
year/day/month #
Etc.
Try out every combination we can! With that date, there could be two of them.
Could I ever find a signature as catchy as that?

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Update 12.2
« Reply #1231 on: October 16, 2010, 12:34:48 pm »

Take the little cartride thing.
And try to stick it in our head... if we have a similar panel we don't know about.

You take off you hat. Doesn't look like there's a panel...

You try pressing down and a little square panel dissevers itself from your forehead. Huh. I guess it's supposed to look indistinguishable until accessed.

Opening the panel, you see your own little memory chip thingy. Well, nothing ventured, nothing gained. Let's see what happens.

You pop the junked bot's chip into your own head.

Nothing happe--

Uh.......................................................

Your vision is replaced by some playback video. I guess the broken dude you found? He is looking at that paper you saw in the medical room.

The feed cuts ahead to—hey, whoa, is that your body?

You are being dragged, unconscious.

You watch as your lifeless body has various wires plugged into it. This seems vaguely familiar.

He takes your bad arm from its socket and appears to be examining it. Very scientific, this guy.

Hey! What the hell?! That was your arm, man!

He returns to the medical room and replaces one of the question marks with an exclamation mark.

The bot takes your backpack off and begins examining it. He seems to find it useful, as he keeps it.

He has taken particular interest in the notepad you found in Dr. Feringus’ room.

He flips through to where a page is torn in half, then abruptly stops.

Taking the pen, he scribbles on the page under the ripped page and finds the indentation made by the previous page. A real life amateur detective.

Q3X5G7. Never would have guessed that.

Hey you put that down mister that’s not for you you don’t just take somebody’s hat— Ah, no point complaining now. It already happened.

Buddy has left the medical room (with your hat) and is unlocking the warm room. I guess he was hanging out in this area the whole time.

…Now he’s cleaning up the living room. You’re not sure what to make of this.

And… rotating the fruit bowl?

He heads through the fridge accessway, apparently open— oh, no. You suddenly realize where this is going.

Turn back, man! Hello! Dude! That thing’s… Get out of there!!!

Run, dude, run!

He’s going for the door, he’s going for the door, he’s gonna--

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: October 16, 2010, 12:54:18 pm »

Let's get the obvious done:

>Rotate fruit bowl
>Use Q3X5G7 as password in the computer downstairs.
Entropy is not what it used to be.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: October 16, 2010, 02:31:13 pm »

>Rotate fruit bowl

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: October 16, 2010, 02:37:57 pm »

>Rotate fruit bowl

Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: October 16, 2010, 03:00:40 pm »

>Rotate fruit bowl

Yes, do this. Also: I think those circles each represent another bot.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: October 16, 2010, 03:26:52 pm »

Definitely. See also how it was a question mark when we first saw it through the Hat-Thief's eyes, and then he changed it? I think there are four other robots out there that he/we haven't found yet. I suspect the Gentleman might be one of them. We must find him and get inside his head!

The real question is what the  :), :( and X symbolise, of course. The sad face probably means another dead bot, or something (but then again, so could the X), and one of the other's must be Hat-Thief. But which one?
Love, scriver~

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: October 16, 2010, 03:30:50 pm »

I think ! means severely damaged/likely destroyed while X means 100% sure destroyed (like from falling into lava).

I also think the :) with an arrow is the hat-thief. The :( could be a dead/severely damaged bot that hat-thief particularity liked.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 03:34:23 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: October 16, 2010, 06:04:36 pm »

Somehow this does not surprise me in the least...

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: October 16, 2010, 06:54:21 pm »

This is awesome. Good story, reliable updates, great art.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Vikenator2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: October 16, 2010, 10:15:29 pm »

Attempt to repair hat-thief.

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: October 17, 2010, 04:47:21 pm »

Ahhhhhhhhh, it looks like the guy who dragged our body and toke our hat has octoloid like legs!
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: October 17, 2010, 05:45:52 pm »

Ahhhhhhhhh, it looks like the guy who dragged our body and toke our hat has octoloid like legs!

No, it was robot-guy.

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: October 18, 2010, 12:30:48 am »

OO I see, he was caught. 

I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Update 12.3
« Reply #1244 on: October 18, 2010, 05:09:15 pm »

Rotate fruit bowl

You pop your chip back in your own head and are met with another error screen for a moment. Apparently your chip’s busted. No wonder you can’t remember anything.

You vision returning, you pop the other guy’s chip back into his head. You can’t help but feel bad for him, hat-theivery or not. The guy did fix you up when you were down and out, after all; and since he had intended to come back he had probably only meant to borrow your stuff rather than keep it altogether.

Time to see what he was up to. You twist the fruit bowl and hear some clanking, followed by a crashing sound and some tinkling.

It appears the fridge machinery exploded or something. It’s leaking a lot of dark smoke. I guess this was some kind of secret way to get in and out of the freezer easily? Now that one of the rails is destroyed and the room is smashed up it doesn’t appear to be working properly. It also looks like the frost from the room below has cleared.

Use Q3X5G7 as password in the computer downstairs.

You type in the stupid password and are given complete access to all the computer functions you couldn’t touch before.

DOORLOCK, RAMPDOWN, EMRGEXIT, and CAVETRAP are turned off. LIFESPRT is turned on. You recall turning DOORLOCK and CAVETRAP from on to off the last time you fiddled around with this.

Attempt to repair hat-thief.

You drag the poor guy back up to the medical room (Skree staying behind as usual) and plop him onto the bedtablething. Okay, you’ve got five wires, four character slots on the machine, the numbers 1 through 9, and no idea what to do. Let’s get this party started.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 168