Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 168

Author Topic: [ISG] Adventure Guy! - Epilogue  (Read 493602 times)

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Update 13.7
« Reply #1470 on: November 09, 2010, 06:09:44 pm »

We should try topping off our own power. Switch the cables back to you for a few moments at the highest power you can take.
 Go track just what path the gentleman took, starting at the pool.
Noo! We have to prepare first before we track ANYTHING!
  You say that, but you don't say anything about what you wish to prepare. I think knowing our environment (as in any secret doors Monopoly Man used) is rather important for preparation.
 Fixing the claw-arm is going to require re-attaching the claw, and probably the mechanisms that made it work. Perhaps we can find the workshop with a bit of exploration?
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

b1gb0y2013

• Bay Watcher
  • Santa from HELL
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Update 10.8
« Reply #1471 on: November 09, 2010, 06:36:41 pm »

You find yourself in a room with some kind of square contraption in the middle. There is also a familiar door here. On the wall is some kind of sliding handle, and there is another switch by the vault-type door. There is also some kind of extended claw gun looking thing leaning against the wall.

Something smells like it’s burning.
I just want to say... We NEVER EXAMINED THAT SQUARE CONTRAPTION! At least im pretty sure... I say examine it to see what it is... Why else would that room be so bad?!

Edit: I also remember... Skree had that vision of the wierd room, and it was like the room was on fire... ALSO it says something smells like its burning... Maybe that square contraption is a panel to open up into the chamber behind the mirror, and maybe the claw arm was used to pull skrees in and out of the chamber "safely"??? After all, we must have smelled the burning of the room below, it just went out when we finally examined it...
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 06:41:28 pm by b1gb0y2013 »

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: November 09, 2010, 06:57:25 pm »

The "square contraption" in the middle is a hole with a metal security plate, and the other side of the door to the right is labeled "incinerator" in large letters. Earlier, we lit the gas down below on fire, destroying a few of the eye creature cocoons and burning all the webbing. When we touch the lever labeled "!!!  !?  x", the security plate opens (dropping anything placed on it), and presumably if we switched the lever it would ignite the fires in the room below.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

b1gb0y2013

• Bay Watcher
  • Santa from HELL
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: November 09, 2010, 07:06:18 pm »

The "square contraption" in the middle is a hole with a metal security plate, and the other side of the door to the right is labeled "incinerator" in large letters. Earlier, we lit the gas down below on fire, destroying a few of the eye creature cocoons and burning all the webbing. When we touch the lever labeled "!!!  !?  x", the security plate opens (dropping anything placed on it), and presumably if we switched the lever it would ignite the fires in the room below.

Huh I never remember that...

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #1474 on: November 09, 2010, 07:13:00 pm »

Well now we know why scree freaked out so much. It was a live occuloid cremation chamber. It could also make a good smithy forge if we could get the anvil in there...
Try forcing the panels in the cremation room open.

b1gb0y2013

• Bay Watcher
  • Santa from HELL
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: November 09, 2010, 07:16:27 pm »

Well now we know why scree freaked out so much. It was a live occuloid cremation chamber. It could also make a good smithy forge if we could get the anvil in there...

The anvil is bolted down or something... Plus how would we lift it? Wed need some kind of cart-thing...

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: November 09, 2010, 07:59:49 pm »

Huh I never remember that...
Perhaps you should re-read the thread to give you ‼ideas‼.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #1477 on: November 09, 2010, 08:18:52 pm »

The anvil is bolted down or something... Plus how would we lift it? Wed need some kind of cart-thing...
I know, just an idea.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: November 09, 2010, 08:45:43 pm »

We don't need to move the anvil. There is a perfectly good forge in the room it's already in. Now we just need to gather up scrap metal from among the debris of the wreckage of the kitchen and use that to forge a wicked-ass sword.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: November 09, 2010, 08:53:00 pm »

We don't need to move the anvil. There is a perfectly good forge in the room it's already in. Now we just need to gather up scrap metal from among the debris of the wreckage of the kitchen and use that to forge a wicked-ass sword-arm.
We should reforge the claw-gun-arm too. As far as traps go, gentleman is probably too familiar to fall for any of the natural hazards around here, but we could try electrifying a door or something, weren't there some Fun wires in the, erm, room, umm, was it the room with the mirror in it?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

b1gb0y2013

• Bay Watcher
  • Santa from HELL
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: November 09, 2010, 09:45:27 pm »

We don't need to move the anvil. There is a perfectly good forge in the room it's already in. Now we just need to gather up scrap metal from among the debris of the wreckage of the kitchen and use that to forge a wicked-ass sword-arm.
We should reforge the claw-gun-arm too. As far as traps go, gentleman is probably too familiar to fall for any of the natural hazards around here, but we could try electrifying a door or something, weren't there some Fun wires in the, erm, room, umm, was it the room with the mirror in it?

I say we throw the dead bird at him and go from there... I mean skree has been so far a way better friend to us...

Doret

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm an Alien Roomba....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: November 09, 2010, 10:00:42 pm »

Play on the Piano with skree. Do it please. And then we should go do something else, like lifting up the trap door thing in the incinerator room and exploring the ashes of skree's dead kind.
Could I ever find a signature as catchy as that?

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1482 on: November 09, 2010, 10:31:17 pm »

I think Skree reacts strongly to places with intense emotional value.  Note that he was scared of the room where someone was burned alive, but didn't react in the slightest to a room with two Oculoid skeletons in it.
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: November 10, 2010, 04:01:11 pm »

Replay the song of storms on the piano.
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

b1gb0y2013

• Bay Watcher
  • Santa from HELL
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: November 10, 2010, 06:02:27 pm »

Hmmm.... I wonder how rubbery the tentacles of that big oculoid are... Maybe we can clean off a tentacle (Since we are apparently wimps about slimyness), and make some sort of slingshot and collect some stuff to throw? There should be plenty more rocks at the beginning
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 168