Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 168

Author Topic: [ISG] Adventure Guy! - Epilogue  (Read 490016 times)

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Update 13.12 / Round-End
« Reply #1545 on: November 22, 2010, 05:01:58 pm »

the pictures sometimes don't show up for me.

anyway, could we get a look at every room of how it currently looks. I don't like going back everywhere to find it.
What do you think? Yes? No?

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: November 22, 2010, 06:37:36 pm »

Retro, I am completely sucked in by this story and can't wait to participate in future updates. also, I'm glad to see another Nova Scotian here!

representttttt

I really hope you'll package the whole thing up somewhere when you're done, this is great.

Probably! Dunno where, but shouldn't be too hard. I'll probably just end up with a simple PDF thing.

the pictures sometimes don't show up for me.

anyway, could we get a look at every room of how it currently looks. I don't like going back everywhere to find it.

They're not all showing up? Shit. That happens to me occasionally, usually not for a few days after they were uploaded... I was assuming it was just because my internet connection is so shitty. But if it's happening to readers, that's a big problem. I might have to get a Photobucket account or something, somewhere where I can store pictures and get direct links easily without having to worry about all that usual "click here for the album link and share with your friends!" bullshit. To everyone, let me know if any images aren't showing up for you (and which ones) and I can get you copies hosted elsewhere. I don't like my readers not being able to see the visual half of a visual story. (the effort to convert to photobucket is now in progress)

As for all the rooms... maybe later. There's quite a few now, and it takes a while to throw them all into a bunch of uploaded links for quick viewing. If you want to search through the thread quickly, though, try hitting the 'Print' button at the top/bottom of each page for a text-only version of the thread and ctrl-f through it. I do that myself fairly often.

Anyhow, here's the usual consolidated round. 88 panels this time, and we're nearing 700 total.

Spoiler: Round 13 (click to show/hide)

Round 14, consolidated.

And your inventory, as nobody's checked it in a while:

A broken egg, a dead bird, an eyepatch, a broken, empty bottle of Glen Avon whisky, an empty tin of oil, Les' skull, Les' ID card, the activated sun medallion, the eyedol, two coins, some cord, a broken music box, and a tin of Dapper Dan Men's Pomade.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 11:27:41 pm by Retro »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: November 22, 2010, 06:43:53 pm »

We should place the medallion in its proper slot.

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1548 on: November 22, 2010, 08:41:05 pm »

It risks being stolen if we put it back, and I think the door was blocked anyways.  We should keep valuables on us now that there is someone actively fighting against us.
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: November 22, 2010, 09:47:23 pm »

Put skull on headless body.

I often have pictures missing, but I reload(not refresh) the page once or twice and they generally all come through, I think maybe the host has a bandwidth cap or something...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: November 23, 2010, 05:08:18 am »

I have a horrible thought. The eyedol. Could that be a skree-critter trapped inside some pottery or something?

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: November 23, 2010, 12:42:27 pm »

I have a horrible thought. The eyedol. Could that be a skree-critter trapped inside some pottery or something?

Oculoid. And, no, it could not be. :P The eye slit pokes outwards, and turns. And... Causes Earthquakes. Oh wait, no, that was the place where we picked it up...

b1gb0y2013

• Bay Watcher
  • Santa from HELL
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: November 23, 2010, 05:54:32 pm »

Oculoid. And, no, it could not be. :P The eye slit pokes outwards, and turns. And... Causes Earthquakes. Oh wait, no, that was the place where we picked it up...

Yeah we just left it on the vault door of the smith room... Maybe we should show it to skree and see how he reacts?

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
Re: Adventure Guy! - Update 12.13
« Reply #1553 on: November 24, 2010, 12:53:09 pm »

Yeah we just left it on the vault door of the smith room... Maybe we should show it to skree and see how he reacts?

Skree goes nuts as soon as you take out the eyedol, jumping around everywhere. It is actually pretty adorable.

b1gb0y2013

• Bay Watcher
  • Santa from HELL
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: November 24, 2010, 04:46:53 pm »

So maybe it WAS made out of a real oculoid

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Update 14.1
« Reply #1555 on: November 24, 2010, 06:41:04 pm »

Examine the broken smaller monitor, see if you can find whatever was thrown through it.

You reach your hand in and feel around. Aside from a lot of wiring, there is an object. Taking it out you find it is a very small key to what is presumably a very small lock.

Examine the swirly thing in the middle of the sphere

You take hold of the glowly swirly sphere of light in the center of the floor. You arms appear to disappear into it, fading into its light. Surprisingly, it feels solid… mostly. You tighten your grip.

The room begins to dim as light swirls spew from the sphere.

It appears to be forming…

A universe?

It expands rapidly…

…until you have zoomed in on a small star system.

The holographic projection stops changing. An indicator appears over one of the planets.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 04:37:50 am by Retro »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: November 24, 2010, 06:52:36 pm »

Well, one thing I can tell right off the bat is that that star system's clearly not Sol. So the sphere must be pointing to an alien controlled world in a different star system. Kinda strange that it's pointing towards a Venus-like looking planet instead of the earth-like looking one to the right.

Anyway, try a bunch of things, like moving our hands towards the planet, walking towards the planet, moving our heads towards the planet, etc until it zooms in more.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 06:55:12 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #1557 on: November 24, 2010, 07:55:21 pm »

Zoom into the planet with rings around it. Somehow.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: November 24, 2010, 09:04:05 pm »

Ask for information.

I vote to insert.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: November 24, 2010, 09:42:22 pm »

Ask for information.

I vote to insert.
Ask who and insert what?
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 168