Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 168

Author Topic: [ISG] Adventure Guy! - Epilogue  (Read 490076 times)

b1gb0y2013

• Bay Watcher
  • Santa from HELL
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Update 14.4
« Reply #1590 on: November 26, 2010, 01:14:45 pm »

Skree is bored... Teach him how to dougai!

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #1591 on: November 26, 2010, 02:18:41 pm »

@Tarran: You make an amazing point, though It's strange that those bots look so much like the bearded man. Also, sorry about my post, since i was on the wii when I posted it, I could only see one line at a time. Maybe the robots are of the proper timeline and the reason that the place is so old is because it could have been the ruins of a previous scientific expedition dating back to 1980-2000. They couldn't have built it all on their own, so they took this place. Another explanation could be that these two scientists have this entire facility to theirselves. So it makes sense that they are in the proper timeline for robots as this facility could predate the robots.

Woop, my grammar is tripping up because of my wii again. Sorries.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: November 26, 2010, 03:17:01 pm »

this story is awesome.

> Examine the material the ships outside is made of closer. Maybe try to chip of a bit.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #1593 on: November 26, 2010, 03:25:46 pm »

Take all movable dead oculoids back to the ship. Take one set of jaws and smash them into a powder on the anvil. Store the powder into something jar-like.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: November 26, 2010, 04:07:33 pm »

We are on Earth for anyone who thinks we aren't. What tipped me off? Birds and Trees on this update that look like Birds and Trees here on earth. Now, I don't know about you, but I don't think evolution can or will create the exact same creatures twice unless the condition on two worlds are exactly the same and everything on the two worlds is synchronized exactly the same. The English language and roman numerals suggests that we are human. The type of stuff we've seen so far indicates that we're in a present-day timeline on earth, just with some robots that don't seem to fit... I'll get to them later.

If you were going to colonize a planet, wouldn't you bring some animals along with you? The birds and the trees suggest that they originated on earth, but they could have easily been brought to this planet, if humans built the sphere.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: November 26, 2010, 04:28:11 pm »

If I was going to colonize a planet I would bring more than one tree and one bird. I would also land in a less crappy place. I would also bring along more people. And lastly I'd bring more equipment.

They're here on a research expedition, not a colonization expedition. I see nothing that relates to a colonization effort, but I see a lot that relates to a research effort.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: November 26, 2010, 04:41:13 pm »

If someone is on a research expedition, it would be feasible that someone would bring two birds (The eggs have to come somewhere) as pets and a tree to plant for some sort of memorial significance.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: November 26, 2010, 04:58:55 pm »

And let them outside and risk the possibility to contaminate any native lifeforms on the planet or introducing a new race and offsetting the ecosystem? I don't know about you, but I wouldn't risk screwing up an entire planet just for some memorial stuff. Besides, two birds and a tree aren't really great things to memorialize stuff. Heck, they're not even nearly related to what they found here. If I would create the memorial, I would build a statue of an oculoid or something.

Also, there's a problem with this being a world other then Earth;

If this is a world other then Earth, you'd need to get a ship here. Now, so far, we've seen no other ships, so the only ship around is the sphere. Thing is, the ship/sphere somehow knows a system extremely far away from Earth in M81, that means the ship had to have seen the system before. If the sphere is human made, then that means it must have been made with extremely high level technology, as the ship must have either gone to the system all the way from the Milky Way to the system in M81 or a very powerful telescope. If humanity has that level of technology, why do the scientists use mostly present-day stuff and not stuff you'd expect futuristic human kind would have?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 05:32:58 pm by Tarran »
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: November 26, 2010, 07:49:52 pm »

>Gather up scrap metal from the room below the ruined kitchen.
>Pick up the front part of the broken claw gun to use as tongs.
>Heat the metal with the flames from the doorway in the computer room.
>Make a sword.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: November 27, 2010, 09:36:20 am »

If this is a world other then Earth, you'd need to get a ship here. Now, so far, we've seen no other ships, so the only ship around is the sphere. Thing is, the ship/sphere somehow knows a system extremely far away from Earth in M81, that means the ship had to have seen the system before. If the sphere is human made, then that means it must have been made with extremely high level technology, as the ship must have either gone to the system all the way from the Milky Way to the system in M81 or a very powerful telescope. If humanity has that level of technology, why do the scientists use mostly present-day stuff and not stuff you'd expect futuristic human kind would have?

If this world was earth, then why hasn't anybody noticed that something has happened to the researchers? If an alien ship was found on earth, wouldn't a larger expedition occur then a bunch of robots? Wouldn't the alien ship be dragged to a more secure facility, where several large groups of scientists could work on it?

If the alien sphere and Les came from different planets (Say, somewhere in M81, and earth) then why is the only VCR player we've found so far is connected to the alien ship? This can only mean two things:

1. Les somehow hooked up the VCR to the screen.

2. Les and the sphere came from the same planet.

If 1 is true, then why hasn't Les taken apart more of the ship. If I found an alien sphere on earth, and I could hook my VCR player to its main view screen, then I'll try to take the ship apart. But except for the busted controls, the ship is intact. In fact, the busted controls proves that Les never tried to take apart the ship because if he did, the broken console would be a logical place to start.

It appears to me that number 2 is true, where the ship and the robots on it were sent to this planet, but something happened (Which busted the control panel), perhaps causing the robots to lose focus and revert to some base routines (If a robot was programmed to do research, it would find something to research)

The facilities we are in bothers me though. Why put the access to the sewer systems behind the fridge?

If humanity has that level of technology, why do the scientists use mostly present-day stuff and not stuff you'd expect futuristic human kind would have?

Like that chemical analyzer and humanoid robots?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: November 27, 2010, 10:20:30 am »

So that after a long hard day working in raw sewage you can have a refreshing drink of Mountain Dew and some Polly Waffles Rum Balls.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: November 27, 2010, 10:26:30 am »

How do you even open the fridge from the other side?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: November 27, 2010, 02:49:37 pm »

If this world was earth, then why hasn't anybody noticed that something has happened to the researchers? If an alien ship was found on earth, wouldn't a larger expedition occur then a bunch of robots? Wouldn't the alien ship be dragged to a more secure facility, where several large groups of scientists could work on it?
Notice the lack of any communication stations, they were working under the radar. Maybe these researchers aren't working for a larger group, and didn't call anyone and didn't move the ship because they wanted to take the glory for themselves.

If the alien sphere and Les came from different planets (Say, somewhere in M81, and earth) then why is the only VCR player we've found so far is connected to the alien ship? This can only mean two things:

In 2 Les can't be from M81 since he and Claire seem to know each other quite well. So it's one or the other; either they both came from M81 or neither of them did.

3. The ship was basically gutted when they found it and the scientists found a use for it so they put some human components in.

If 1 is true, then why hasn't Les taken apart more of the ship.
There's not much more to be taken apart besides the sphere thing. And I don't think it would be an easy job trying to take it apart without ruining something. Maybe he just didn't get the time to take it apart. Maybe he was just being lazy.

If I found an alien sphere on earth, and I could hook my VCR player to its main view screen, then I'll try to take the ship apart.
Though you have to remember, once you take something apart it's hard to put it back again unless you know how to.

But except for the busted controls, the ship is intact. In fact, the busted controls proves that Les never tried to take apart the ship because if he did, the broken console would be a logical place to start.
Maybe the controls were busted after the scientists disappeared?

It appears to me that number 2 is true, where the ship and the robots on it were sent to this planet, but something happened (Which busted the control panel), perhaps causing the robots to lose focus and revert to some base routines (If a robot was programmed to do research, it would find something to research)
That is a possibility. But if the robots are alien and from M81, why is there a powering station with roman numerals on them?

The facilities we are in bothers me though. Why put the access to the sewer systems behind the fridge?
That is strange. I have no idea why they would put it behind there.

Hmm, maybe they were trying to hide something?

Like that chemical analyzer and humanoid robots?
The chemical analyzer isn't new technology by our standards, just the end product.

The robots are the strange thing. Maybe they came along with the sphere half built?

Anyway, these technologies aren't enough. Where's the automatic doors? Where's the touchscreen computers with Win9000 OSes? Where's the beds that aren't crap? Where's the sinks that don't look like junk? Where's the futuristic looking stove, fridge, cabinets, lamps, vending machine, etc? And don't say that these scientists are poor. Even if they were, they should at least have access to some luxury technology that doesn't look like it was built in the 21st century.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 02:51:21 pm by Tarran »

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: November 27, 2010, 03:19:44 pm »

I've got some free time to update right now, but glancing at the thread, despite all the discussion there are hardly any commands - one feasible one (check the sewage room again to see if the water drained) and two that aren't as the door below the smithy ladder has shut again, blocking some access. So rather than post a rather useless one-image-one-sentence update I thought I'd ask what else you guys would like to do.

The inventory again: A broken egg, a dead bird, an eyepatch, a broken, empty bottle of Glen Avon whisky, an empty tin of oil, Les' skull, Les' ID card, the small key from the orb (apologies for its out-of-place-ness, drawn with laptop touchpad), the activated sun medallion, the eyedol, two coins, some cord, a broken music box, and a tin of Dapper Dan Men's Pomade.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 03:25:46 pm by Retro »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: November 27, 2010, 03:35:52 pm »

In 2 Les can't be from M81 since he and Claire seem to know each other quite well. So it's one or the other; either they both came from M81 or neither of them did.

Wasn't Les that robot we found in the locker?
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 168