Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 168

Author Topic: [ISG] Adventure Guy! - Epilogue  (Read 493895 times)

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
Re: Adventure Guy! - Update 14.4
« Reply #1620 on: November 28, 2010, 01:28:16 am »

Not really. The recorder wouldn't be a antique even if it was the very first VCR recorder made, seeing as the first prototype VCR was made in 1969 or so.

Meaning that if the recorder really is an antique, the current year would have to be, at the very least, 2069. Though Les could be over exaggerating the age of the camera.
Good point. I think it would be 2008 at the very earliest really. I personally consider them "Pretty Old" already. I don't think Les was literall since he actually used it didn't he? I actually think they brought the VCR camera on their own.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: November 28, 2010, 03:47:56 am »

A field-based transportation device, possibly a reality-altering effect to reduce effective travel times, or a space-folding device with a normalisation field to prevent the vessel from being folded, or some sort of direct transposition device, would typically emanate from a central point, making a spherical vessel the most practical form...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #1622 on: November 28, 2010, 03:49:45 am »

A field-based transportation device, possibly a reality-altering effect to reduce effective travel times, or a space-folding device with a normalisation field to prevent the vessel from being folded, or some sort of direct transposition device, would typically emanate from a central point, making a spherical vessel the most practical form...
Of alien technology?

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Update 14.5
« Reply #1623 on: November 28, 2010, 05:05:50 am »

Push the lever in the locker back up(down?) and check the door to the generator again

Yup, it’s up again.

Place the activated sun medallion into its slot, then try to remove all medallions from their slots.

It fits in neatly. They don’t stick, either; you try taking both out and then replace them.

you to sewer room and check in there.

The gunk hasn’t cleared or lowered at all. The smell hasn’t improved, either.

Look through the neck of the headless robot, we may learn something.

There’s a whole bunch of wires in the way. Might as well give them a yank.

Pulling the wires partially aside, you can see some machinery. Mostly just mechanical stuff. All the important logic programming and whatnot must be stored in the head.

Gather up scrap metal from the room below the ruined kitchen.
Pick up the front part of the broken claw gun to use as tongs.
Heat the metal with the flames from the doorway in the computer room.

With access to the generator room’s fire once again enabled, you set to work. The blade is pieced together from the frame of the analyzer; the inside of the oven provides the hilt, with stovetop wiring wrapped around it for a better grip. You know how you want all this scrap to end up looking in the end. All you have to do is get it there.

Make a sword.

You have forged STOVEBRAND.

It looks… surprisingly like a useable sword. You are a bit amazed that this worked at all, and that you didn’t end up with just a silly hunk of club-shaped junk. Though with the materials you used it's rather unlikely it'll be very strong.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 05:27:40 am by Retro »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: November 28, 2010, 07:13:36 am »

Soon we shall forge a better sword... From Gentleman robot's casing!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #1625 on: November 28, 2010, 11:15:38 am »

What happened to our whip?
go back on top of the building (near the floating rocks) and try to see if we can wall slide down it's relatively graduated surface.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: November 28, 2010, 04:19:04 pm »

Check out the panel above the switch in the sewer room.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: November 28, 2010, 04:51:49 pm »

What happened to our whip?

One of the eye things snatched it.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: November 28, 2010, 06:00:16 pm »

this is awesome
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: November 28, 2010, 06:16:45 pm »

Go to stone circle for epic showdown.
Read the First Post!

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: November 28, 2010, 06:21:36 pm »

Put Skree on shoulder and hold sword up looking as Swashbuckling as possible. Argh.
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: November 28, 2010, 07:28:00 pm »

Practice with our sword for a moment. We need to get a good feel for our new weapon and we must see our current skill levels with the sword. We have to prepare ourselves for the possibility that monopoly man will be able to catch the sword and attempt to pull it away from us. Is the sword sharp enough to harm ourselves? We should test it on the already dead robot body.(all this with skree hiding in a corner away from us, to make sure he isnt harmed during our practicing)
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: November 28, 2010, 08:50:43 pm »

Test Stovebrand's "sharpness" by trying to cut one of the dead giant oculoid's tentacles into separate pieces.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Update 14.6
« Reply #1633 on: November 29, 2010, 01:36:35 am »

Put Skree on shoulder and hold sword up looking as Swashbuckling as possible. Argh.

Skree seems to have wandered off when you were messing around with the fire mechanism.

go back on top of the building (near the floating rocks) and try to see if we can wall slide down it's relatively graduated surface.

Yeah, that’s not really ‘relatively graduated’ so much as ‘a sheer face.’ You’re not getting down there.

Check out the panel above the switch in the sewer room.

As you pass back through the living room, you see that Skree is hanging out with a bunch of other oculoids.

They flee when they notice your presence.

You pass and re-enter the sewage room; Skree staying behind (presumably to wait for his friends to come back?) Looks like the wires you installed are still holding up.

Test Stovebrand's "sharpness" by trying to cut one of the dead giant oculoid's tentacles into separate pieces.

While Skree’s still upstairs, you give one of the tentacles a good slashing. It shreds right apart. Maybe this thing is pretty sharp after all!

Is the sword sharp enough to harm ourselves? We should test it on the already dead robot body.(all this with skree hiding in a corner away from us, to make sure he isnt harmed during our practicing)

With a bit of hesitation, you prepare to bisect the headless robot.

WHANG! Apparently it’s not that sharp. Or you are made out of some pretty tough stuff.

All right, enough mucking around. You’ve got a weapon, insufficient as it may or may not be. Time to make some progress. You’ve got a key – there has to be a lock around somewhere.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Update 14.6
« Reply #1634 on: November 29, 2010, 05:12:31 am »

Wire the headless robot up to the computer downstairs.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 168