Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 168

Author Topic: [ISG] Adventure Guy! - Epilogue  (Read 490005 times)

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Update 14.8
« Reply #1650 on: December 01, 2010, 10:09:18 pm »

We got a couple of maps on us, right? Try overlaying it with one of them.

You overlay the laminate sheet on the 4F map you obtained from another locker. It seems to line up pretty well.

Lighting, Eye, Cloud, Sun, Rain, Cloud.

You punch the combination into the pad and hit Enter. The door slides open.

This room is not very tall, but rather long. There is a table with all sorts of fancy chemical mixing stuff on it, though it is all empty save for a white-ish mixture in one beaker. There is some kind of hose hanging down loosely from the ceiling that runs into the other side of the wall, as well as several other random wires hanging across sections of the ceiling. Burners under the chemistry set run under the table and then into the floor.

Moving further into the room, you see a hall extend out to your left, with lasers blocking access. A note is on the table as well. There is another monitor built into the wall, a circular pattern on the floor, and… several oculoids? These guys are starting to pop up just about everywhere.

The oculoids flee up into a hole in the ceiling above the circular thing as soon as they see you. Not really that surprising.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: December 01, 2010, 10:19:35 pm »

Obtain and read the piece of paper on the table.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Doret

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm an Alien Roomba....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: December 01, 2010, 11:34:07 pm »

Action:
First, type ACCESS CODES into the command prompt and hit enter, memorize the codes if we access them and then go back and type CHEM MAP and keep that on the screen.

Stand over the circular thing and look up to where the Oculoids went, check if that circular thing isn't a grate of some kind.

Try to enter the Rec Room.
Could I ever find a signature as catchy as that?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: December 01, 2010, 11:48:00 pm »

According to the map, there's some way upstairs from the lab.

Go to the south-east corner of the lab and see if there's any way upstairs.

If there is, go up.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Update 14.9
« Reply #1654 on: December 02, 2010, 02:15:43 am »

First, type ACCESS CODES into the command prompt and hit enter

Damn. It seems to want access codes instead of freely giving them. The format is ‘PASS###’ – apparently each code requires three numbers.

STORAGE wants #DISTHOME. RESTRAINT wants #YEARS, #ROBO, and… #US.

go back and type CHEM MAP.

A horribly shitty line map appears. Apparently ‘FULGMIX’ is currently placed in the CATALYST slot, and nothing is hooked up to the INPUT. BURNERS is set to OFF.

Obtain and read the piece of paper on the table.

mobile laboratory in hopes of collecting more.

Extensive testing of the chemical extract proves that it does indeed meet the conditions of a Chemical X. However the small amounts in which we are capable of producing it are… laughable. Additionally, the amount of fulgurite and raw nutrient fluid we must burn up to produce the most insubstantial amount of pure Chemical X is excessive to the point of hyperbole. Our work here is not yet done. When we have refined a process with which we can manufacture our own Chemical X we can return; until then we will not stop.

Our experimentation has produced several interesting results. By inputting pure Chemical X into the intake and mixing it with caern dew, a volatile, highly unstable explosive gel is created. Another product of our testing we are calling the solvent, which has been able to purify the acidic ‘nutrient’ waste that until now we had been simply dumping; this has allowed us to extract more raw Chemical X for fortifying with the fulgurite mixture.

One mixture, which we are dubbing the ‘mutagen,’ has proven not to be an inoculant at all. In fact, it has nearly the opposite effect – it would be better described as an ‘oculant.’ Humourously ironic. Perhaps this is the solution we have been

It starts and ends just pretty abruptly. Must just be a loose sheet from the middle of a journal entry or something.

Stand over the circular thing and look up to where the Oculoids went

At the end of the hall, the ceiling just shoots upwards. You can’t see very far up, but the oculoids definitely went up there.

check if that circular thing isn't a grate of some kind.

Nope. It appears to be a bunch of very thin gaps in the ground.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: December 02, 2010, 03:27:48 am »

If there is, go up.

Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: December 02, 2010, 06:50:59 am »

I'm pretty sure that hole in the ceiling is the way up. My guess at this point is that after we solve another puzzle, that thing on the floor will rise up and form a spiral staircase. Also, if I'm reading the map right, Mine Access is behind the rubble in the starting room.

Also, chemical stuff. It SURE WOULD BE NICE to have some kind of CHEMICAL ANALYZER right about now. Curse you, giant oculoid! >:(

Is that a loosely hanging pipe I see next to what I think is the input pipe? Does the display change if we hook it up?
>Try that.

Caern wood was the magma-proof wood we found, right? Have we ever run into "caern dew"? We should probably look into making that "solvent" stuff for purifying the pool of acid so we can get the medallion thing. Too bad this journal entry was missing the instructions. :/

And then there's the numbers. I bet #DISTHOME is going to be the distance between Earth and the planet we saw. Is #BOT the number of remaining bots, or the original number of bots? I think there were like four at least building the cottage. And there's two of #US, Les and the other one. Did one of the journal entries say how long they had been here?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: December 02, 2010, 04:05:27 pm »

I'm pretty sure that hole in the ceiling is the way up.
I don't think so. Look at the map; we're standing in the top right corner of the room. The way up is in the bottom right corner of the room.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #1658 on: December 02, 2010, 04:17:24 pm »

Go back to Gentleman's house and pry boards out left and right. We might find something. Then check on hat-thief.

Doret

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm an Alien Roomba....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: December 02, 2010, 09:19:52 pm »

I think that the restraint password is 613, not sure though. That spiral staircase thing is probably true. I am also not worried about the chemical stuff right now, we might need that for the acid, if the acid has not already melted the medallion. I think we should go see what Skree is doing.

Action:

Check on skree.
Could I ever find a signature as catchy as that?

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: December 03, 2010, 02:07:38 am »

As a heads-up, exam season is just about beginning. I'll be able to update once, maybe twice this weekend, and possibly a few times between Monday and Wednesday, but after that I'll have to take a two week hiatus just to make sure I'm studying as hard as I should be. I'll let you know when I'm gone; in the meantime, I'm hoping we can finish up this round.

If there is, go up.

I am fully capable of reading commands the first time :\ I have always shown you the whole of rooms when you enter them. What you see is all there is.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: December 03, 2010, 02:17:56 am »

I am fully capable of reading commands the first time :\ I have always shown you the whole of rooms when you enter them. What you see is all there is.
I just thought you didn't see it/you ignored it because you didn't respond it it at all.

Now, the question: If the room really is that small, small enough that the stairwell in the bottom right part of the room appears to be in the top right of the room, how the heck did AG even get past the large table with the scientific tools? :P

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1662 on: December 03, 2010, 02:53:40 am »

Take some useless thing (a giant oculoid tentacle perhaps) and throw it in front of the lasers.  We need to determine whether these will cut us up or trigger an alarm.  If we know where it is use the snapped off part of Hat Thief's arm; we might be immune to lasers, being a robot and all.
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: December 03, 2010, 07:18:29 am »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the mirror that shattered from the oculoid must have left some glass on the floor. Take one piece, and if possible, using the fire from the generator room, fuse it together with another shard of glass to make it two sided(unless it is already two sided).Then take that piece and use it to reflect the lasers back at the "laser fence". As long as its plasma or some junk, I believe the lasers are pretty weak since we can see them.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Update 14.10
« Reply #1664 on: December 03, 2010, 03:14:15 pm »

Is that a loosely hanging pipe I see next to what I think is the input pipe? Does the display change if we hook it up?

You hook up the hose to the input pipe.

The display changes to CHEMXFEED, though nothing comes from the hose.

I think that the restraint password is 613, not sure though.

You type in RESTRAINT PASS613. Nope, not there yet.

Take some useless thing (a giant oculoid tentacle perhaps) and throw it in front of the lasers.

You toss one of the oculoid tentacles into the lasers.

It flash-melts.

the mirror that shattered from the oculoid must have left some glass on the floor. Take one piece, and use it to reflect the lasers back at the "laser fence".

You take one of the bigger pieces of glass and hold it in front of the lasers. Maybe you can reflect the bea--

It melts too. Eep.

Check on skree.

The little guy is taking a nap on the carpet. Aww.

check on hat-thief.

The other robot is awake! Wow you might actually get to interact for once!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 168