Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 168

Author Topic: [ISG] Adventure Guy! - Epilogue  (Read 493305 times)

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Update 14.11
« Reply #1680 on: December 04, 2010, 12:39:54 pm »

Tell him that Skree is an oculoid who we developed a companionship with. Let him know that occuloids seem to respond to the emotion of even robots, and our positive emotions made us 'friends'. Let him know that some of the occuloids don't find us as friends. The giant ones are a threat more than the small ones which are scared of us mainly. Also let him know that Skree 'might' be a black-sheep in the occuloid society but we're not sure. Skree doesn't seem to be on the same side as the giant occuloids as he helped us take one out. Also let him know that one of the reasons we fought gentleman is because we wanted all out extermination of the occuloids, something we could not stand for since he wanted skree dead. Finally, let him know that gentleman should have a monocle and most of his body melted off, though that might have been fixed.
This resoning is most sufficient.

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: December 04, 2010, 12:48:57 pm »

Tell him that Skree is an oculoid who we developed a companionship with. Let him know that occuloids seem to respond to the emotion of even robots, and our positive emotions made us 'friends'. Let him know that some of the occuloids don't find us as friends. The giant ones are a threat more than the small ones which are scared of us mainly. Also let him know that Skree 'might' be a black-sheep in the occuloid society but we're not sure. Skree doesn't seem to be on the same side as the giant occuloids as he helped us take one out. Also let him know that one of the reasons we fought gentleman is because we wanted all out extermination of the occuloids, something we could not stand for since he wanted skree dead. Finally, let him know that gentleman should have a monocle and most of his body melted off, though that might have been fixed.

indeed my good man.
What do you think? Yes? No?

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #1682 on: December 04, 2010, 12:49:59 pm »

Whoa, i actually did good reasoning?

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: December 04, 2010, 01:40:42 pm »

this story is great. Yes, answer everything truthfully.

Also, ask if he things the personality we've started to developed is likely to be deleted, we're getting rather attached to it...
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: December 04, 2010, 02:03:37 pm »

Remember that the robot could be hiding something himself. Maybe its in his programming to kill all the Skree's and telling him that you attacked the Monopoly robot in defense of the Skree would get him really upset with you. I doubt we want that to happen if we really care about Skree.
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: December 04, 2010, 02:24:11 pm »

indeed my good man.
Indeed.

Also, ten bucks says the gentleman is the Sadface robot.

Also2. Ask why do Auxbots use VCR tapes to store their memory instead of a DVD or something to that extent.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 04:51:06 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: December 04, 2010, 04:43:59 pm »

VCR wasn't robot memory, that was a recording from an old VCR camera.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: December 04, 2010, 04:50:57 pm »

VCR wasn't robot memory, that was a recording from an old VCR camera.

Indeed it is. And indeed the Auxbots use something more advanced then VCR tapes. Bah, I should've checked out my facts instead of relying on my memory.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Update 14.12
« Reply #1688 on: December 05, 2010, 08:39:42 am »

-snip: about skree and oculoids in general-

You tell him that despite their appearance, the oculoids are actually quite friendly and tame, or at the very least, this one is. The big ones appear to be a different matter. You mention that you got in a fight with Gentleman over his attempts to kill Skree. You are not really sure why there is a ‘dispatch’ order in place concerning oculoids, but you’ve seen no reason to fear or worry about the little ones.

The other robot is somewhat confused by this. He does not have any instructions in place to dispatch the creatures.

let him know that gentleman should have a monocle and most of his body melted off, though that might have been fixed.

You explain that Gentleman had a lot of his frame melted off, and though he left to get repairs, he will certainly still have his moustache and monocle on him at all times.

ask if he things the personality we've started to developed is likely to be deleted, we're getting rather attached to it...

You also mention that Gentleman intends on… ‘fixing’ you, which apparently requires resetting your personality. He says that if you really needed to undergo serious maintenance, then yes, your personality logic board will be reset in the process and you will be reactivated with a blank slate. But to him you seem to be operating about as well as can be expected under the circumstances.

we can't remember the pallet
tell him that we woke up in the room with the rockslide and the weird oculoid runes, and ask him where the pallet is.

You tell him that the first thing you can remember is waking up in the room with all the rubble and the idol, down the smithy’s ladder. He knows what room you are talking about but does not remember any rubble being there. He says the pallet is just on the other side of the rubble; shame that you can’t tell him how many robots are left there.

we haven't seen any signs of the doctor, though one of the broken bots had a lab coat.
Offer to help find the doctor.

You mention that one of the bots you found had one of Les’ labcoats, and you found one of Feringus’ in her room, but haven’t seen any sight of her. You agree to find this doctor, though. She is your only real owner now, so you have something of a responsibility! Plus if she is okay you can probably have her sort out all this nonsense.

Ask him what kind of hat he wants to wear.

You notice him staring at your hat and ask him if he would like something to wear. He would quite like that!

You take a look in your inventory. Well, let’s see, there’s, uh…

Your armless roboty friend is now know as Patch. He seems extremely pleased to have an accessory to call his own.

give him your stack of notes and journals and whatnot.
For now, I think he should hole up in the incinerator room, keeping the door locked. Agree on a secret signal knock.

You decide to leave your collected notes here for him to read over, and tell him you had better get a move on while Gentleman’s repairing himself. You tell him to follow you down and lock the incinerator door behind you, and that you will call for him by name to signal when you are coming back. He agrees.

the password for Restraint should be about 183, so try PASS183.

You head back down to the lab and try 183 out. Nope, that’s not it either. But from your conversation with Patch you ought to be able to think this one out now.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #1689 on: December 05, 2010, 08:49:05 am »

Hmm, we haven't tried this yet.
Open your tin of pomade and read if the inside has anything in it/ check it's contents. It is a bit strange that we have pomade but no hair. Also, find a stick of some sort, put some of the pomade on the end of it, and see how it reacts to the laser beam. Also, take a beaker and see if it's not resistant to the acid sewage, if it is, then scoop some of it up in case of emergencies, like gentleman returning.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: December 05, 2010, 03:57:04 pm »

> Get Patch some arms. Remind him that he can smith himself more accessories at the smithy if he wants to.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: December 05, 2010, 05:08:14 pm »

Password for STORAGE should be either 182  or 282, depending on when the password was set. Try both.

#DISTHOME is rather harder, we don't even know which unit it's supposed to be in, so let's try both that make any sense: 12 000 000 (light years) and 3 600 000 (parsecs). These two are, naturally, the distance from Earth to Messier 81. If it's not one of these, it's probably something more exact (or the picture of M81 is supposed to represent any random spiral galaxy) , to make us find it out from inside the actual game. :P

So:
>Try PASS182 and PASS 282 for STORAGE
>Try 12000000 (or 12M if it insists on 3 characters) and 3600000.
Entropy is not what it used to be.

Cardinal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: December 05, 2010, 07:38:30 pm »

You guys are too good-natured.  If you give Patch your hat and coat, then Gentleman will think that he is you, and then you can trick Gentleman.  Of course, it'll probably result in a bad end for Patch, so I'm just going to let this one float out there and if the going gets rough or Adventure Guy needs to get a little more ends-justify-the-means, then consider it.
Engraved is an image of a Human and a video game. The Human is making a plaintive gesture.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: December 05, 2010, 10:14:04 pm »

Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: December 05, 2010, 11:56:30 pm »

everyone beats me to the important actions...

do a dance

With skree on our head.
What do you think? Yes? No?
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 168