Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 168

Author Topic: [ISG] Adventure Guy! - Epilogue  (Read 489995 times)

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Update 14.14 / Round-End [TWO WEEK HIATUS]
« Reply #1725 on: December 08, 2010, 11:25:00 pm »

Here's the consolidated round as per the usual, a solid 76 panels. Fun fact: Half of the game thus far has been rounds 1-10; the other half is just rounds 11-14. Man, have I ever gotten prolific lately.

Spoiler: Round 14 (click to show/hide)

Round 15.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 03:20:56 pm by Retro »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: December 11, 2010, 12:34:43 pm »

REMOVE LABCOAT SO THAT WE DON'T FREAK OUT THE OCULOIDS SO MUCH ANYMORE.

Also, awesome game is awesome man.

Test skrees reaction to the following mental images:

You pick up Skree and concentrate as best you can on a number of images.

humans

Fear.

the scientist

You can’t seem to get across the idea, but thinking of a labcoat fills Skree with even more fear.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 05:00:20 am by Demonic Spoon »

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: December 11, 2010, 02:13:02 pm »

Woah, by my count, there is still one un-accounted for robot...

b1gb0y2013

• Bay Watcher
  • Santa from HELL
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: December 11, 2010, 03:04:46 pm »

Arent there only six robots??? You, monopoly man, Patch, the headless one, and the two broken ones in that room...

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: December 11, 2010, 05:45:02 pm »

Arent there only six robots??? You, monopoly man, Patch, the headless one, and the two broken ones in that room...
then there was the one in the locker room

b1gb0y2013

• Bay Watcher
  • Santa from HELL
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: December 11, 2010, 05:54:45 pm »

then there was the one in the locker room

That would be the headless one we tested our sword on and ripped open... Same one

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: December 11, 2010, 07:47:28 pm »

Evergod is correct. Including himself, AG has encountered three robots and the remains of three others. According to Patch, he found a seventh broken beyond repair and gave it what he referred to as a 'funeral,' tossing to off the mountainside. That leaves one unaccounted for.

b1gb0y2013

• Bay Watcher
  • Santa from HELL
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: December 11, 2010, 07:59:27 pm »

Oh theres eight, I thought there were only six... my bad

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: December 13, 2010, 11:57:57 pm »

grab tapeball things
Grab gears
take memory chip out of robot head(s) and view it/them.
try key on lock.

What? this is going to be over so soon? Will you do another one after this Pleas?!!! :D
What do you think? Yes? No?

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Hiatus Until Dec 22nd
« Reply #1734 on: December 14, 2010, 04:25:07 pm »

I've set a date for the Grand Return of Author Guy: Wednesday the 22nd. I'm home on the 19th, but between being extremely busy this exam season and spending time with my family when I get back, I haven't had any prep time for Round 15 yet so I'll need a few evenings for that.

What? this is going to be over so soon? Will you do another one after this Pleas?!!! :D

Perhaps. Actually, I ought to say probably - I just don't have anything in particular lined up right now. A couple cool ideas have popped into my head briefly, but I've tried to not focus any of my creative drive on anything other than Adventure Guy at the risk of my interest moving on. I'll probably break for a month or two, figure out some grand thing to do next, and in the meantime maybe do a silly little non-narrative art game or something to keep my doodling skills at top level.

In any case, AG probably won't be over 'soon' - I've been running this since late July, and I imagine Round 16 will properly conclude in early February. That's a nice half a year run, innit? So there's still about a month, month and a half of material left, and after that I'll be open to answering any remaining questions about the game and setting as well. A number of people have expressed interest in a pdf of this when it's done. I think that seems like a better way of archiving it than on a relatively-unknown forum spread out across a thread, so yeah, I'll probably do that.

Something to think about over the next week of downtime: There are several backstory hints and clues laden throughout the story that haven't really been picked up on yet. I'm not a fan of expressly pointing things out, but two things to chew on: First, the robots encountered thus far have all had rather different personalities despite being explicitly stated to be the same model. Secondly, oculoids have been shown to be connected to several different important characteristics of this setting. Might be worth thinking about - I'll leave it at that.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: December 14, 2010, 04:52:30 pm »

By the way, once this is done you REALLY should put it up on http://felonia.free.fr/mspfa/, this is WAY top good to just disappear in the roleplaying section of some random gaming forum.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: December 14, 2010, 06:38:22 pm »

By the way, once this is done you REALLY should put it up on http://felonia.free.fr/mspfa/, this is WAY top good to just disappear in the roleplaying section of some random gaming forum.

Not really a MSPFA.

(a? an? damned acronyms.)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: December 15, 2010, 08:54:08 am »

in PRACTICE it is. It might not have been inspired by MSPA, but it's still in that (admittedly badly named) format/genre of illustrated suggestion-driven online fiction.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: December 15, 2010, 11:06:52 am »

First, the robots encountered thus far have all had rather different personalities despite being explicitly stated to be the same model.
I'd been thinking about that... my guess so far is that it has to do with their stuff. AG has an adventurer's hat and equipment, so he is an adventurer. Monopoly Man is gentlemanly because of his tophat. And the newest one... his personality was extremely generic because he had nothing, though he apparently became a bit adventurous while he had our hat. I predict him becoming more and more pirate-like now.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: December 15, 2010, 11:26:55 am »

Oooh, that seems plausible!

> improvise a maids uniform for the friendly bot!
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 168