Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 168

Author Topic: [ISG] Adventure Guy! - Epilogue  (Read 490055 times)

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Round 15.8
« Reply #1830 on: January 03, 2011, 12:33:24 am »

there's a hole in the pillow!! dig through it regardless.
What do you think? Yes? No?

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Round 15.9
« Reply #1831 on: January 03, 2011, 04:21:10 am »

Say in the most calm and content way possible, "Good morning Feringus."

You wish Dr. Feringus good morning.

“Morning, evening… between living in a cave and under an endless sun, I can hardly remember the difference any more. Nevertheless, welcome. I'm aware your memory is damaged. I imagine you’ve had an interesting experience making your way here.”

She turns. “That hat. I recognize that hat. It was one of Les’.”

Greet Scruffles!

Before you can respond, Scruffles pounces on you! Awwwww you missed the furry fella.

Off, Rusty. You know better than that.”

The dog sits down again, content.

“I see you two have already met, at least. You must have been wandering the facility for longer than I’d figured.”

Doff your hat and ask how badly you've messed things up.

You brush yourself off and remove your hat, nervously asking if you’ve made a mess of things.

“Nonsense,” she says. “You’ve done quite admirably, in fact-- for a robot.” A pause. “My, you look so nervous! You don’t have to be afraid here; this is a safe place.”

She clicks on the lights. “Here, I’ve turned the lights back on. I imagine that dim lighting wasn’t making you feel any more comfortable.”

inquire if we'll be allowed to keep any of the Free Will we seem to have acquired.

You ask if your personality and free will are going to be wiped like Gentleman said.

“Who? Oh, that other robot. Yes, he’s an interesting case as well... Managed to find me all on his own, actually. I must say, it’s very handy to finally have an assistant again, especially as I haven’t been able to get this useless shell working,” she says, indicating the robot in the station.

“No, I’ve no intention of rebooting your personality logic board. You’ve developed a rather interesting persona on your own. I’ve informed your robot compatriot that you are to be left alone as well. You’ve managed to accomplish something I’d never expected a…”

She trails off and walks away to the windows. “Hm. In any case, you’ve proven yourself suitably unique.”

Inquire about the monstrous torture performed on the oculoids.
bring up the fact the the occuloids are as sentient as either her and us.

You start to ask her about the brutal treatment of the large oculoids, comparing their sentience to your own, but are cut off.

“Sentient? You? Oh, you are cute, aren’t you.

“No, your perceived sentience is nothing more than an illusion created by your programming. An effective illusion, I’ll admit, but nothing further. As for the creatures…”

She trails off and stares past you.

“No. There is nothing to discuss about this. I conducted their standardized sentience tests myself, several times. The results never differed. They did not once react to any stimuli we imposed in any non-instinctive way. They are animals, simply as that.”

Before you can persue more answers, you are stopped. “This line of questioning will end and not be brought up again.” You suddenly feel incapable of asking further, despite wanting to.

Inquire about a lot of things.

“My, you’re a curious one! I have to keep reminding myself that your memory has been wiped.” She chuckles softly under her breath. “I have a question for you, Mr. Robot. Do you think you could do me a favour?”

You feel yourself nod without ever thinking about it. It is very disconcerting.

“Good. This is a key to the mines. I assume by now you know where that is. Now, there are some chemicals down there, in a small storage unit, that I will believe will assist you. Your only task for right now is to continue your exploration of what’s left of the facility. There is little left that I can do from here, and my assistant… isn’t inquisitive enough, we’ll say, to be a suitable candidate. Your discoveries may be the key to all this.

“I will contact you again when a sufficient amount of time has passed. Until then, you are on your own. In the meantime, is there anything I can assist you with? Perhaps you have something in need of reparations.”

You open up your bag. There’s a lot of broken crap in here, to be honest.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 06:52:10 am by Retro »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: January 03, 2011, 04:29:07 am »

Inform her about the cave in that has blocked off the mines. Ponder how easy it would be to lock her down here...forever...

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: January 03, 2011, 04:38:40 am »

...probably very hard, since we don't know the controls. It looks like we're going to need to figure out a way to pop open our limiting program; we wont be much use to Doctor Feringus if she can easily suppress our opinion. Diverse opinions are very important for quality research efforts; you're completely sure about this. Of course, don't mention it to anyone until you're sure you've done a good job on your mind; you want it to be a surprise.

You could ask her to repair the music box, but there's both a good chance she can't and a good chance she'll take it just in case you could.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: January 03, 2011, 04:43:08 am »

Ask in a delightfully childlike manner if she can repair the broken bird that's been rotting in our backpack for a while now.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #1835 on: January 03, 2011, 04:45:30 am »

Ask quite simply and as sincerly as possible if she can fix the dead bird.

addition:Damn you you ninja'd me.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: January 03, 2011, 05:00:00 am »

Ask for the password to turn off the laser beams.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: January 03, 2011, 06:34:22 am »

Quote from: Feringus
“No, your perceived sentience is nothing more than an illusion created by your programming. An effective illusion, I’ll admit, but nothing further. As for the creatures…”
Tell her that her sentience is nothing more than an illusion created by her biological programming!

Also, ask her to repair the music box.
Love, scriver~

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: January 03, 2011, 08:12:42 am »

And of course, tell her all about it.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #1839 on: January 03, 2011, 08:51:22 am »

Tell her that her sentience is nothing more than an illusion created by her biological programming!

This to the very fullest. Just try not to sound threatening. Such a line of words might sound like we have a reason to exterminate her, which we don't.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: January 03, 2011, 09:08:06 am »

Ask in a delightfully childlike manner if she can repair the broken bird that's been rotting in our backpack for a while now.
Ask her to fix the bird.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: January 03, 2011, 09:19:01 am »

This to the very fullest. Just try not to sound threatening. Such a line of words might sound like we have a reason to exterminate her, which we don't.
Yes, like you're being sarcastic and joking; in a fashion that looks like not only do you not think much of the statement, but you don't expect her to either.
 We want to plant the idea, but we don't want to seem like its source or creator; she might like to destroy that source when pressured.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Cardinal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: January 03, 2011, 02:58:31 pm »

Also, ask her to repair the music box.

Dude, don't piss off the evilbad woman whose commands we are required to follow.  Instead, play nice and dumb, like you did with gentleman and later see if there's some way we can rig a shutoff switch either to the subroutines she's got control over or, barring that, our ability to hear speech.

She's bad, can't you tell?  Worse than Les, worse than Gentleman, and we're going to have to save the occuloids from her.  For God's sake, look at how cold she is to Scruffles!  And she's calling him Rusty, which only a no-good, cold-blooded, suburban fascist would name a dog.
Engraved is an image of a Human and a video game. The Human is making a plaintive gesture.

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: January 03, 2011, 08:01:05 pm »

unwrap that tape ball thing out of that person's sight (too lazy to spell name right)
What do you think? Yes? No?

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: January 03, 2011, 08:17:48 pm »

This is really awesome!

... I can't come up with any good command that hasn't been said already. Just be cautious and tell her as little as possible.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 168