Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 168

Author Topic: [ISG] Adventure Guy! - Epilogue  (Read 493471 times)

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Round 15.12
« Reply #1875 on: January 09, 2011, 07:45:35 pm »

Complete and indefutable genocide...

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Round 15.12
« Reply #1876 on: January 09, 2011, 10:07:34 pm »

There are no words to express how good this story is.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Round 15.13
« Reply #1877 on: January 11, 2011, 12:44:41 pm »

Make some of the explosive gel...

You take Skree back to the lab, rather glad he didn’t understand any of the images on the monitor. You wish you hadn’t, either. No, better not think about that much more. Okay. Next step is to figure out how to make this explosive gel thing.

Quote from: Feringus’ notes
Additionally, the amount of fulgurite and raw nutrient fluid we must burn up to produce the most insubstantial amount of pure Chemical X is excessive to the point of hyperbole.

The set-up looks complicated, but isn’t as tough to figure out as you thought. You leave the fulgurite in the catalyst input, unplug the dry hose, and attach the small X-UNREF test tube to the CHEMXFEED input.

You activate the burners and the machine goes to work!

You end up with a somewhat suspended fluctuating matter-thing. Presumably this is what refined Chemical X looks like? It’s not very useful on its own, though.

Quote from: Feringus’ notes
Our experimentation has produced several interesting results. By inputting pure Chemical X into the intake and mixing it with caern dew, a volatile, highly unstable explosive gel is created.

You repeat the process, hooking up the CAERN DEW to the catalyst input and sticking the refined Chemical X into CHEMXFEED. This time a dark, thick, black mixture is created.

...and use it to clear out that rubble.

You turn off the burners, done with science for now, and head to the Rec Room. Bloop bloop bloop. You pour the gunk all over the rocks then take a step back.

Hope this works!!!!

(it does)

That was fun! You’ve also managed to finally clear (disintegrate, even) that stupid pile of rocks that probably knocked you out in the first place. Take that, cave!

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #1878 on: January 11, 2011, 04:30:28 pm »

Comfort Skree. He seems a bit scared at the moment.

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: January 11, 2011, 05:21:26 pm »

take that rod out of the door, head back to spaceship room and place it where it needs to be. then find out how far we are from earth using computers on the ship.
What do you think? Yes? No?

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: January 11, 2011, 07:10:20 pm »

Ask yourself why you wasted gel on that when you could just have walked around right?
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: January 11, 2011, 07:20:39 pm »

Ask yourself why you wasted gel on that when you could just have walked around right?
Now he can get around while the rod key door is shut.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: January 13, 2011, 12:50:07 am »

>take rod from door
>use rod on hole near sphereship
>use sphereship

That is why. :)

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: January 13, 2011, 01:13:17 am »

If we attempt to use the rod right away we may be subverted.
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: January 14, 2011, 07:39:19 am »

What are you talking about?

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: January 14, 2011, 08:08:15 am »

What are you talking about?

If we attempt to use the rod right away without returning to the Dr., I am sure that we will be stopped and called back to her as well as have the rod taken away. That is what I am talking about.
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Round 15.14
« Reply #1886 on: January 14, 2011, 10:30:42 am »

Comfort Skree. He seems a bit scared at the moment.

You give the little guy a hug. He was a bit put-off by the loud noise and sudden burst of heat, but seems all right now.

take that rod out of the door

Yoink! You remember this nifty little thing from quite a long while back.

head back to spaceship room and place it where it needs to be.

You pop the rod into the little holder thing and hear the mother of all whirr-clunks.

find out how far we are from earth using computers on the ship.

You enter the ship to find it now faintly humming and a little better lit. The static-y interface on the main monitor is gone, replaced with computer readings. The orb is re-lit as well. The broken monitor on the console remains static-y.

You position the indicator over the planet it was originally on. This time a text display pops up. You are on Aoide I, locally known as Procella!

Letting go of the navigation display, you see that a course has been set to go to Earth. It is 155,001,033.153 light years away, rounded! Apparently there is no fuel left, so it doesn’t look like you’ll be heading anywhere any time soon though.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 10:32:41 am by Retro »

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: January 14, 2011, 01:31:05 pm »

>_>

<_<

Fuel Ship.

Knock out Feringus.

Send her home.

Live here with Skree and pals foreverrrr. <3

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #1888 on: January 14, 2011, 03:19:23 pm »

Go back downstairs and remove that rod from the hole in the ground. It seems to power the ships interface and we don't want to waste it's energy. Add to inventory.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: January 14, 2011, 04:20:16 pm »

I don't think it's going to run out of power inside a reasonable timeframe. It's some kind of futuristic space power source. Feringus expected it to be connected to the ship and still working. Anyway, we should probably go unlock that beam door in the chem lab. The format was three numbers, wasn't it? 155 and onwards to the storeroom!

If we attempt to use the rod right away without returning to the Dr., I am sure that we will be stopped and called back to her as well as have the rod taken away. That is what I am talking about.

Eh, we're under orders to explore the base. I don't see why she would have taken the rod, even if she had called us back. Whether we like it or not, the good doctor is on our side.

For now.
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 168