Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 168

Author Topic: [ISG] Adventure Guy! - Epilogue  (Read 490164 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Final Round 16.4
« Reply #1950 on: February 01, 2011, 05:45:17 pm »

Swear vengeance on Gentleman and his mechanical cannibalism.

Examine stuff on desk.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: February 01, 2011, 06:28:42 pm »

This is an amazing story... I don't know what to say.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: February 01, 2011, 07:22:49 pm »

Oh nooo! Patch! D:

We probably don't have time to go forging more swords, though. Just read the notes on the desk and grab the music box. And search the lab for anything else of interest. Like any memory chips. Knowing what happened here would sure be nice. Also see if the sub controls make any sense.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Final Round 16.5
« Reply #1953 on: February 02, 2011, 08:26:56 am »

Swear vengeance on Gentleman and his mechanical cannibalism.

You are certain this was Gentleman’s doing. You swear to loose your just wrath upon him for his unforgivable mechanibalism.

Examine stuff on desk.

You check out the desk. There’s a note, a small mug with some pens and pencils, a bank of memory chips, and some loose parts.

read the notes on the desk

You read the note.

Day 805
An interesting encounter today. One of the auxbots had reactivated and managed to locate me in the mobile lab. It wears a monocle, a top hat, and a fake moustache. All once the property of Les, of course – I told him to keep his old theatre memorabilia well away from the robots, but I suppose with the facility in the state it’s in now it could not have been helped. Considered wiping its personality, but the social-elite persona it has developed seems… proactive. This robot will serve better as an assistant than a blind tool. I have tasked him with finding any information pertinent to the location of the source, using whatever means he deems appropriate to meet those ends.

Day 806
My assistant returned with Rusty today. The poor animal was near-starved. Doing better now. He continues to sit at the base of the ladder, day in and day out. His master will not be returning, but he will never understand that.

Day 807
Today my assistant returned badly injured. He had been knocked into the sewage basin next to the freezer, which melted away his frame. Knowing the acidity of oculoid nutrient waste, it is no wonder we stumbled across a way to create an explosive from its fluids. I have instructed him to make repairs. I have no spare parts here, but I cannot afford to lose my assistant.

In his debrief he mentioned something most interesting. I had already heard that other robots were re-activating and wandering the lab idly, but this one had befriended one of the creatures and had even attacked my assistant in order to protect it. Most curious. A possibility here arises in my mind that I had hereto not considered.

Day 808
Slow day. Little progress on my experiments. The robot with the pet creature monopolizes my focus. A plan is forming, but I must know more about my subject first. I must meet this robot. I shall wait until my assistant returns.

Day 809
Assistant has returned, with another deactivated robot and several parts. Most of morning spent building a new frame. Not suited for handiwork. More Les’ sort of thing. Will call subject robot after lunch.

Day 809, con’t
Brought subject robot to lab. It is as I suspected – it has developed a somewhat childlike sense of justice and caring. Surely it would not understand my motivation. Its opinion was comically naïve. Was forced to quiet it just to ‘pitch’ my bluff. Nonetheless, have successfully sent him on an errand disguised as a quest of sorts. His description of the ship confirms my fears that it is out of backup power and fuel. My gambit is a great deal riskier now. I must finally abandon the mobile lab and bring my last amount of the chemical with me in order to power the ship. Preparations are being made. Once we have the co-ordinates I will proceed to the ship immediately.

Day 810
can’t sleep again. can’t calm my mind. every time i shut my eyes my mind wanders and the dark dreams bubble and i open my eyes and i’m drowning in a wind of ice and snow and it’s suffocating and i can’t breathe, i can’t breathe, i can’t sleep, i can’t... preston. god, preston, why? let me sleep, damn you. all i want is some rest. please, god. i’m so tired. let me rest. please. please.

Day 811
After all this time--

It's the core! The source is the core! We had ruled it out as too deep for such a chemical to hear the vibrations necessary to multiply, but somehow it has not only held out but in fact flourished! An astounding discovery - and yet one that in hindsight seems so obvious. How else could the planet keep so internally cooled? I will move to the ship immediately. My assistant has not yet returned – I do not know why. No matter. He knows my destination. He will have to meet me there by foot. And the subject robot… To think that such an emotional half-witted mechanism could help me make such a discovery. Such is life.

I leave for the ship presently. This then marks my final entry. I have spent nearly 27 months on this accursed planet. Earth, you need not wait for me. I shall only be a little longer.

Dr. C. Feringus, P.H.D.

grab the music box

You recover the music box. It has been repaired, as per Dr. Feringus’ promise. You decide to keep it under your hat for now.

Grab patches leg and keep it with us. Retrieve pen and paper.

Unfortunately, you’re rather short of places to store things at the moment.

search the lab for anything else of interest. Like any memory chips.

There are three memory chips in the bank. You check them out one at a time.

They all display similar things.

Upon activation, it stared straight ahead to watch Gentleman tear into its companions.

Two tried to flee, one tried to fight. None of the three had any success.

One of them was dragged on its back to the sub lab. For a moment, you see Feringus examine it.

Then the feed cuts out.

see if the sub controls make any sense.

There doesn’t seem to be any power on the ship.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 09:48:09 am by Retro »

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: February 02, 2011, 08:33:52 am »

This is an amazing story... I don't know what to say.
This. A million times.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #1955 on: February 02, 2011, 08:39:13 am »

Wield patches leg. We NEED something at least.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: February 02, 2011, 12:59:33 pm »

> Interface with ship computers.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: February 02, 2011, 03:09:46 pm »

It is obvious what the fork in the road is going to be for us. We will either have the choice to protect the Core of the planet to save the creatures, or we will let the Core of the planet be taken to save humanity and the doctor.

I would love for us to find a way so that both the planet is saved, and the doctor able to take back the technology needed for her work.
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: February 02, 2011, 03:15:29 pm »

> Interface with ship computers.

There doesn’t seem to be any power on the ship.

On top of that, AG isn't exactly R2-D2. He 'interfaces' with computers by operating them manually like a human. So if something's not working, there's nothing more robot-y he can do about it. Except in the case of the pallet, which is for control and maintenence purposes - and even then, it's not AG in control of the interfacing.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: February 02, 2011, 07:00:50 pm »

Someone should add this to http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/InteractiveComic
(not me as I am avoiding the site)
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: February 02, 2011, 08:56:22 pm »

Leg it to the ship! I'm not sure how we're going to stop Feringus, or even if we should, but it feels that we should at least try to follow her.

Also, I'm still not sure just what is going on here. Feringus wants to harvest the magic chemicals to use as a power source, but what about the Gentleman? Why didn't he kill us when he had the chance? He might have some plots of his own.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Final Round 16.6
« Reply #1961 on: February 03, 2011, 05:31:56 am »

Wield patches leg.

You clutch Patch's leg fiercely. Not the best weapon, but as far as makeshift weaponry goes it's not that bad. You don’t really feel much safer about this, though.

Leg it to the ship!

If Feringus is going to the ship, you better hurry and book it there yourself. You head for the ladder.

Standing on the dock, you find Gentleman waiting, holding-- Skree?

STOVEBRAND is jammed into the ground nearby, with your pack hanging from it.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #1962 on: February 03, 2011, 06:20:21 am »

Stroke Patch's dismembered leg elegantly while you inquire why he his grasping your best friend.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: February 03, 2011, 07:36:25 am »

Noo! Not skree! D:

The vile fiend!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 10:30:47 am by Demonic Spoon »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: February 03, 2011, 09:05:43 am »

This... I... I can't even suggest anything.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 168