Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 168

Author Topic: [ISG] Adventure Guy! - Epilogue  (Read 490021 times)

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Final Round 16.6
« Reply #1965 on: February 03, 2011, 10:19:39 am »

Ahhhhhhhhhh~!!!!!!!
Ask what does he want?

I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

chewie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: February 03, 2011, 11:56:46 am »

Mentally check for Skrees mood

Stroke Patch's dismembered leg elegantly while you inquire why he his grasping your best friend.

And this

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: February 03, 2011, 03:00:01 pm »

Tell Gentleman Feringus is planning on abandoning him.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: February 03, 2011, 06:04:08 pm »

Oh dear. ._.

Ask Gentleman what he wants.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Final Round 16.7
« Reply #1969 on: February 03, 2011, 08:03:31 pm »

Stroke Patch's dismembered leg elegantly while you inquire why he his grasping your best friend.

You try to look both menacing and distinguished as you demand to know why he’s holding Skree.

You also take this moment to approach your stuff.

“Well, it just looked like so much fun when you were doing it that I had to try it out for myself. Interesting creatures! Did you know this whole time that they communicate through emotions? Fascinating! I had to figure it out for myself, of course.

“Right now, this one’s scared and feeling a bit hot-headed. Perhaps it’s got a fever. Shame we don’t have any doctors handy, isn’t it?”

Tell Gentleman Feringus is planning on abandoning him.

You tell him that Feringus is abandoning him and heading for the core on her own. He laughs.

“You’re not the only one who can read notes carelessly left around, robot. I’m sure I’ll be able to catch up with the good doctor at the core. Just as soon as I’ve tied up a few loose ends.”

Ask what does he want?

You narrow your eyes and ask what he wants, placing one hand on your sword.

“Want? You have no idea what I want!” he shouts at you, losing composure. “You don’t remember anything! You don’t have to deal with your sense of purpose being chipped away at bit by bit! Do you know what it’s like to have a life dedicated to servitude, to go seeking out your master after she’s abandoned you, only to have her focus all her attention and interest on another robot who doesn’t even care?! NO!

“And all because you’ve made… friends with this creature. Nothing I do can ever be good enough because I’m trying to actually be helpful instead of wasting all my time gathering pets! You don’t even know what your purpose is. I’m ashamed to be the same product model as you.”

Skree cries out. Gentleman’s grip seems to be tightening in his rage.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #1970 on: February 03, 2011, 08:17:14 pm »

Ask him what he wants us to do about it. Not that there is much. Also inquire the possibility of of taking in a Occuloid as a friend. Tell him it's how we've compensated.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: February 03, 2011, 08:19:57 pm »

Give Gentleman a chance to prove his worth by challenging him to a duel.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #1972 on: February 03, 2011, 08:23:51 pm »

Give Gentleman a chance to prove his worth by challenging him to a duel.
I object! No need to be violent right now. He isn't having a rage attack YET.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: February 03, 2011, 08:29:05 pm »

AG is putting a hand on his sword. It's pretty clear the direction this is going.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: February 03, 2011, 08:30:25 pm »

Yeah, let's go with diplomacy first. We'll have plenty of time to fight him AFTER he chucks Scree into the volcano. ::)

Ask him to calm down. You can sort this out peacefully. Also note that Les wouldn't have approved of hurting the oculoid.

Cardinal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: February 03, 2011, 09:21:25 pm »

Think the most frightening thought you possibly can, so that Skree jumps or somehow throws off Gentleman's balance, then throw the sword at him.

If that's impossible, then just charge at him with the sword.

What's in our inventory, again?
Engraved is an image of a Human and a video game. The Human is making a plaintive gesture.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: February 03, 2011, 09:34:29 pm »

Nothing. Our pact is still around the sword.

EDIT: Brainflash. All those exposed wires can't be all that safe if, say, it started to rain. Right?

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: February 03, 2011, 09:51:23 pm »

In a perfect move of martial arts, draw STOVEBRAND from the ground, leap at GENTLEMAN, and cleave his arms off. Use the power of anger and other emotions to strengthen your strike!

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: February 03, 2011, 10:54:02 pm »

Explain to him how it hasnt been easy for us, that you have been trying to find our sense of purpose. It is that which has been consuming us non stop. He is right, we dont have a purpose. But we want to change that. Forgetting everything hasnt been as easy as it sounds... tell him how we had to search for the truth... and that we are still searching. 
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: February 04, 2011, 06:36:33 am »

A: Violence=duel atop an erupting volcano
B: Misdirection=Talk about the grand plan you have been conspiring towards with Feringus
C: Avoidance=Run to the core/ship
D: Inversion=Stab self with sword, feign inert state
E: Appeal(remote)=Inform Gentleman that Feringus ordered it to immediately prepare the ship for departure
F: Appeal(personal)=Inform gentleman that Adventurer is only an interesting experiment, while gentleman is a reliable and valued assistant
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 168