Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 168

Author Topic: [ISG] Adventure Guy! - Epilogue  (Read 490019 times)

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Final Round 16.7
« Reply #1980 on: February 04, 2011, 04:28:54 pm »

Update's been written (but not drawn) for a while, but can't update it today. Complicated to explain. I'll be back in action soon as I can be.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Final Round 16.7
« Reply #1981 on: February 04, 2011, 04:59:14 pm »

F: Appeal(personal)=Inform gentleman that Adventurer is only an interesting experiment, while gentleman is a reliable and valued assistant
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Final Round 16.8
« Reply #1982 on: February 04, 2011, 10:20:16 pm »

Spoiler: Tally (click to show/hide)

Ask him to calm down. You can sort this out peacefully. Also note that Les wouldn't have approved of hurting the oculoid.

You drop the leg and try to calm him down, but it only seems to aggravate him further. Skree cries out again. He seems to be out purely to spite you; your attempts to pacify him are causing him to hate you more for your sympathizing. He seems to be looking for reasons to hate you.

You point out that Les would not have approved of hurting an oculoid.

“You act like you know him. You don’t know him. You don’t remember a single god damn thing! Les was the one who discovered that the creatures held the chemical, and let me tell you, he was very enthusiastic about getting it all out of them.”

Explain to him how it hasnt been easy for us, that you have been trying to find our sense of purpose. Forgetting everything hasnt been as easy as it sounds... tell him how we had to search for the truth... and that we are still searching.
Inform gentleman that Adventurer is only an interesting experiment, while gentleman is a reliable and valued assistant

You try to explain the difficulties you’ve faced trying to find your own purpose. When you woke up, you thought you were some kind of human explorer lost in ancient ruins… and now you’re just an amnesiac robot in a hat. Meanwhile, the doctor actually relied on and confided in Gentleman as an assistant, and if not an equal, as more than simply a robot.

He is silent for an interval. Then: “That’s… that’s not…” Another pause.

No!” he yells finally. “Don’t try and talk your way out of this! You are the only thing standing in the way of taking the place I rightfully deserve! You don’t have a purpose? You don’t remember it? Fine. Then stop getting in the way of me and mine.

Ask him what he wants us to do about it. Not that there is much. Also inquire the possibility of of taking in a Occuloid as a friend. Tell him it's how we've compensated.

You ask what he expects to do about the doctor’s favouring you.

He chuckles lowly. “Believe me, champ, I can deal with that on my own.”

You tell him that if he wants a friend, there are plenty of other oculoids, and you’re sure one of them would make a great companion for him as well.

He stutters for a moment at the word ‘friend,’ then rebounds and shouts back. “These creatures—aren’t—friends. They’re animals. They’re test subjects. They’re a means to an end!”

He throws Skree’s hat down. “You think this creature is special because you gave it a little accessory? Well now it looks like all the other mindless beasts on this rock. So what now, Mister Guardian?”

What's in our inventory, again?

You quickly peek into your pack.

You’ve got a spare arm, a broken-and-empty bottle of Glen Avon whisky, an empty oil can, Les’ skull, a broken egg, a dead bird, a mechanism from the inside of one of the bots, the music box (which you quickly slip in from under your hat), Les’ ID card, the eyedol, two coins, two locker keys, a whip, a ball of cord, and a tin of Dapper Dan Men’s Pomade. Plus the loose leg you’re holding.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 12:23:13 am by Retro »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: February 04, 2011, 10:24:32 pm »

Play the music box.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: February 04, 2011, 10:33:35 pm »

Alas, poor Yorick!

Use whip to steal Gentleman's monocle and/or bow-tie.

Play the music box.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: February 04, 2011, 10:45:06 pm »

Show Gentleman the idol and ask him if it's the work of a bunch of animals.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: February 05, 2011, 12:46:00 am »

Play the music box.

Might be a good idea to do this, with added explanation that these creatures created this music box.
Also,
The canister with the M on it is gone.
Why would he take the canister out of the bag?

+++++++
+++++++

Why hasn't Gentlemen thrown Skree in the magma yet? Maybe he can sense skree's emotions of fear?

Maybe he himself is scared. Maybe he wont act until we do...

O... dear me.

He is treating these creatures the same way we are being treated... the creature himself has an accessory... but dont we as well? We have our hat... and he has that monocle. Are we all not trying to identify ourselves in some way? How can he be so hypocritical to pre-judge these creatures in the same way that we are being pre-judged by the doctor. We have a sense of being the same way these creatures do, we express it in a different way which is hard to understand. The difference between AG and Gentlemen is that we are showing compassion for these creatures, and he is not. How can he attempt to seek the same kind of compassion we have for this creature, when he himself can not even show it.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 01:05:33 am by mnjiman »
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #1987 on: February 05, 2011, 11:07:53 am »

Tell him:
 "And what of you? What are you without your monocle, your mustache, and injuries? It's not just some silly hat or accessory that defines us, it's our ability to maintain our will, to feel the emotions of our own and others. We aren't JUST robots. You may devout yourself to Fernigus, perhaps because you are lonely... She was all you had, so you made sure you kept with her as much as you could. You have emotions, feelings, and personal wants to sate. You are about as sentient as I and Fernigus and that little guys is as sentient as all of us. Our accessories are JUST a reflection of who we are, not what defines us. ".
Try to keep the latter half of this conversation in a more sympathetic tone, and make the former part a little if just only a little abrasive.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: February 05, 2011, 12:11:34 pm »

>Doff your own hat.

>And also present Preston's letter as proof that he reconsidered his views on oculoid rights towards the end.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #1989 on: February 05, 2011, 01:24:53 pm »

>And also present Preston's letter as proof that he reconsidered his views on oculoid rights towards the end.
I formally second this.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: February 05, 2011, 02:24:52 pm »

Explain to Gentleman that you have found proof that the oculoids are more than animals, and offer to show him the storyteller if he doesn't believe it.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: February 05, 2011, 05:09:30 pm »

What evryone else said.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Final Round 16.9
« Reply #1992 on: February 06, 2011, 08:37:43 am »

Doff your own hat.
Tell him: -snip-

You defiantly knock your own hat off and call him out on wearing silly accessories just like Skree is, but hypocritically calling Skree a mindless beast while denying that he’s calling himself a brainless creature wearing a get-up too. You say that you, Skree, and Feringus are sentient creatures who all deserve the same respect. And so does he.

Gentleman looks down, saying nothing.

Explain to Gentleman that you have found proof that the oculoids are more than animals, and offer to show him the storyteller if he doesn't believe it.
Play the music box.
Show Gentleman the idol and ask him if it's the work of a bunch of animals.
And also present Preston's letter as proof that he reconsidered his views on oculoid rights towards the end.

You tell him that you’ve got proof that the oculoids are not just beasts or pets, and that you can show him all kinds of stuff to force him to believe it.

You go scrounging around in your pack for evidence to make your case. Something at the back of your mind is bothering you about the whole standoff situation. Why would he go to the trouble of knocking you out and taking your bag, just to give it back?

Seems a little empty in here, actually. Is something missi--

The canister with the M on it is gone.

Oh. Oh god no.

Gentleman is holding the M canister over Skree. He is shaking slightly.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #1993 on: February 06, 2011, 08:45:00 am »

What was the M canister for again?

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: February 06, 2011, 09:21:16 am »

What was the M canister for again?

I believe the 'M' canister is something called a "mutagen". I'm not sure what it does, but I bet the Gentleman knows. Feringus' chemistry notes called it an "oculant". Sounds pretty ominous to me. It would probably be a good idea to keep Scree from coming into touch with it if we don't want him to become a giant bloodthirsty monster.

As to HOW... I really don't know. Gentleman could probably just crush the container with his claw-hand. Anyone have any bright ideas? ._.
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 168