Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 168

Author Topic: [ISG] Adventure Guy! - Epilogue  (Read 493503 times)

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Final Round 16.18: Endgame.
« Reply #2190 on: February 14, 2011, 07:39:33 pm »

Back away from the robot and toss the sword away. Tell him we mean him nor the doctor no harm.
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: February 14, 2011, 09:03:16 pm »

stab gentleman, go into martial trance.

EDIT: WE need to fight him, it's the way it was intended, besides I think we're all pissed off by him by now and we want to get rid of him.
What do you think? Yes? No?

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: February 14, 2011, 09:13:12 pm »

stab gentleman, go into martial trance.

EDIT: WE need to fight him, it's the way it was intended, besides I think we're all pissed off by him by now and we want to get rid of him.

I agree, try to stab or slash him where he already have been damaged.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: February 14, 2011, 11:10:35 pm »

I doubt that's gonna do much. That sword was made out of scrap. By a robot with no idea what it was doing. Sure, it hurts the oculoids... they are sorta 90% weakpoint though.

For now, drop the sword and head inside, informing gentleman that we just want to speak with the Doctor, and couldn't harm her if we tried anyway.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: February 14, 2011, 11:24:44 pm »

For crying out loud, do something to Gentleman. Adventure Guy is being a complete and total pushover, dammit.

Oh, you just turned our friend into a giant monster and we had to put it down. Would you like to have a nice, friendly chat?

Shove past Gentleman and enter the ship.

Don't throw the sword away.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: February 14, 2011, 11:47:40 pm »

Could provoke him to attack us?

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: February 15, 2011, 02:09:02 am »

Could provoke him to attack us?

We may be at the point of where he sees us as being aggressive, once that occurs he can outright attack us.
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: February 15, 2011, 03:04:54 am »

Is that really such a bad thing?

Gentleman turned Skree into a monster despite our attempts to talk him out of it. And he's mechanibalized other auxbots mercilessly.

He's bad news. I think a little payback wouldn't be so terrible.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: February 15, 2011, 03:14:19 am »

Hmh. Using diplomacy on Gentleman didn't really work last time, but I don't think just attacking him on sight would have worked any better. I say we try it again. If he thought that he was justified in attacking us, he would attack us instead of just talking about it. Keep the sword at hand, though. It's quite probable that this is going to turn into a fight whether we start it or not.

>"Unsummoned? I was called to the submarine where I found a note from Dr. Feringus. I would like to speak with her. I have explored the facility, as per her orders, and would like to deliver my report. Would you be so kind as to show me in, my good sir?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 03:16:39 am by Soadreqm »

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: February 15, 2011, 04:52:08 am »

However, when we did use diplomacy, there was a reaction. He might have been too stubborn to break through at the moment, but there is almost certainly a possibility it could still work. We just need better arguments, or to find him at a more vulnerable position.

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2200 on: February 15, 2011, 06:02:55 am »

If we could find some way to disable him with Feringus's orders, that would be great.  I can't think of any that would give him great conflict though, other than the "only hurt AG out of self defense" one that we are already using.
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: February 15, 2011, 06:12:12 am »

Disrespect gentleman, take his monocle!

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: February 15, 2011, 06:38:06 am »

Look at the gentleman, he is full of holes we can exploit as weak points!
Are you guys blind? We need to exact revenge somehow, so why can we not do it here and now?
Look a the scenery, it is a perfect place for a final confrontation.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: February 15, 2011, 07:18:20 am »

Are you guys blind? We need to exact revenge somehow, so why can we not do it here and now?

He has a claw arm that can tear auxbots apart. We have seen the claw arm tear auxbots apart in memory recordings. We are not in a position where we can just effortlessly curb-stomp him.

I'm not saying it'd be an impossible fight. I mean, we defeated Scree. But still, I'm not looking forward to fighting the Gentleman.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: February 15, 2011, 08:52:58 am »

He has a claw arm that can tear auxbots apart. We have seen the claw arm tear auxbots apart in memory recordings. We are not in a position where we can just effortlessly curb-stomp him.

I'm not saying it'd be an impossible fight. I mean, we defeated Scree. But still, I'm not looking forward to fighting the Gentleman.

So what if he can tear them apart? Look at all we have gone through, we are slightly different from the rest.
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 168