Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 168

Author Topic: [ISG] Adventure Guy! - Epilogue  (Read 490023 times)

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Final Round 16.19: Endgame.
« Reply #2220 on: February 15, 2011, 07:50:42 pm »

Place the idol on the plateau that mnemnem stood...

Also, realize that mnemnem, and Skree, who thought of US as the new mnemnem, basically said that we are responsible for the lives of all of the oculoids. We have a responsibility, as if we were ordered to do so, to save them...

Ask Gentleman how we would identify if our free will circuit was broken. Then break it in that same manner! :O
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 07:56:30 pm by Tylui »

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: February 15, 2011, 11:07:32 pm »

Remember, we are forbidden to speak about free will
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2222 on: February 16, 2011, 05:19:53 am »

Remember, we are forbidden to speak about free will

We are forbidden to speak to Feringus about the Oculoid's free will, talking to gentleman would be fine.  He's itching for a fight now, there's no real non-combat way out of this.
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #2223 on: February 16, 2011, 10:49:58 am »

Punch Gentleman in his stupid face

Wait, no, that would be stupid.

Whip Gentleman with whip. Maybe aim for the opening in his skull, maybe jam some mechanisms. Instant robo-stroke.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 10:51:29 am by Argembarger »
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: February 16, 2011, 12:26:30 pm »

Hey look at all the oculoids around.

Play the music box
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: February 16, 2011, 12:53:48 pm »

Play the music box

No! Bad idea!

Or.. brilliant idea?

Hmm..

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: February 16, 2011, 02:21:16 pm »

Update's half-done but still a few hours off; I've got to watch some stuff for class then spend some time gettin' educated. Then do some essay work. Something will be up by the end of the night I imagine (going by EST).

In regard to the music box discussion, I'm too deep into the update now to include it as a command this time (assuming it had gotten enough support), but as a heads-up to all, you still don't really know exactly how the music box works, and I think the effects tend to be pretty extreme to just throw it out as an on-a-whim command in every new situation (for example, nobody provided any reason why they thought using the music box on Skree was a good idea, yet it was almost unanimously supported, which... didn't work out so well).

There's been quite a lot of information about both the planet and its inhabitants/atmosphere gleaned thus far, through your own exploration plus what you've discovered of the scientists' notes and taped conversation. You may want to try and figure out exactly what the connections are between all these things and exactly why the music box does what it does before attempting use of it again.

If you guys forcefully say "let's use it!" or "no way don't touch it," I'll still go with your direction, but I'd definitely say it's worth trying to get a better understanding of the effects it would have first.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: February 16, 2011, 05:29:12 pm »

Play the music box

Oh please god don't.

Playing the music box outside causes thunderstorms. Playing the music box near oculoids makes them rage. Right now, we are in the planet core or whatever, surrounded by hovering globes of spaceship fuel. Mnemnem called it a "window into Skygod's eye". Playing the music box could do basically anything, ranging from nothing whatsoever to detonating the whole planet.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Final Round 16.20: Endgame.
« Reply #2228 on: February 16, 2011, 07:42:06 pm »

Spoiler: Tally (click to show/hide)

"For such an honest, morally upstanding robot assistant, you are showing a remarkable capacity for ignoring your orders. Maybe that's why Feringus never trusted you?"

You comment that for a robot who subverts his orders as much as he does, it’s no wonder the doctor never trusted him. He fumes, his stance getting much more aggressive.

“YOU imply that I’M the one subverting my orders?! If you knew what’s best for you, you'd let me continue to protect the doctor’s best interests and go off somewhere quiet to deactivate yourself like a good robot.

“But you don’t know what’s best for you. Do you.” His claw snaps open.

we should attack with our whip first, then attack with our sword. This way we can force him to claw on the whip. We should attack his lower left leg in a attempt to toss him off the platform. If he bends down to stop the whip with his metal claw, we attack while he is in this position.

As Gentleman menaces you, you quickly reach for your whip. He rushes at you, but are able to catch his leg before he gets too close.

“Trying to trip me up? Come on! You know I’m more powerful than that.”

He snaps the whip with his claw, sending the shredded remnants into the expanse, not noticing as you retrieve your sword. Gotta be quick.

Shout a witty one-liner and shove past him.

You tell Gentleman to go take a short walk off a long access ramp and knock him off into oblivion with the flat of your sword.

Before you can wave him off, he catches the edge with his claw.

He manages to flip himself underneath the ramp, using its personal gravitational field from the other side. You make a break for the ship but are grabbed by the leg.

You are flung back down against the ramp. Gentleman cackles from beneath you. “Oh, this is getting fun, isn’t it?”

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #2229 on: February 16, 2011, 07:44:11 pm »

Stab him, right in the face.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: February 16, 2011, 07:45:10 pm »

Do some cool shit and defeat Gentleman.

Disable his claw arm.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: February 16, 2011, 07:46:52 pm »

Aim for the wounds in his head.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #2232 on: February 16, 2011, 08:19:38 pm »

Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: February 16, 2011, 08:21:04 pm »

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: February 16, 2011, 10:46:32 pm »

Stabilize ourselves on the platform so we ourselves do not get thrown/ripped off the edge

Option to distract his claw
kick him before using our sword to stab the Robot Gentlemen in the face, this way he could attempt to cut off our foot allowing us time for another opening to attack.
Since we have a spare foot in our back pack, if he destroys our leg we can merely replace it.

Thrust our sword straight into Gentlemen's face
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 03:07:24 am by mnjiman »
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 168