Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 168

Author Topic: [ISG] Adventure Guy! - Epilogue  (Read 490252 times)

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Final Round 16.22: Endgame.
« Reply #2280 on: February 20, 2011, 11:34:27 pm »

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: February 20, 2011, 11:35:39 pm »

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: February 20, 2011, 11:36:36 pm »

Now is not the time for witty one-liners, now is the time for pontification and righteous indignation!

Tell her we've come to stop her.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #2283 on: February 20, 2011, 11:47:45 pm »

Now is not the time for witty one-liners, now is the time for pontification and righteous indignation!

Tell her we've come to stop her.
I suggest against. If we force something now she's just gonna use her owner magic and we end up becoming her bitch again. We should convince her with information if we can, not our power.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: February 20, 2011, 11:56:46 pm »

She's going to do that anyway no matter what happens.

Any attempt to convince her against the course of action she's taken will be considered insubordination and she'll order us to do whatever she wants, at which point we'll have to circumvent our programming anyway.

There's no solution to this problem that won't involve a confrontation of some sort. The confrontation won't necessarily be violent, but it's still coming regardless.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: February 21, 2011, 12:55:28 am »

We have a choice. To either aid her, or not.

If decide not to aid her, we have to sacrifice ourselves to kill her and the ship. This will mean talking to her about everything we saw, and in the end lieing about helping her to destroy her ship.

If decide to help her to save humanity, then we just cave into what she wants.

IMO.
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #2286 on: February 21, 2011, 01:26:30 am »

We have a choice. To either aid her, or not.

If decide not to aid her, we have to sacrifice ourselves to kill her and the ship. This will mean talking to her about everything we saw, and in the end lieing about helping her to destroy her ship.

If decide to help her to save humanity, then we just cave into what she wants.

IMO.
Save humanity... When was the well being of ALL of humanity involved?

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: February 21, 2011, 01:38:39 am »

I'm against helping. humans are stupid anyway, these oculoids are the new fad. we loved skree like our own and this is what happens when humans get involved. ask her what her plans are.
What do you think? Yes? No?

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: February 21, 2011, 02:11:24 am »

Save humanity... When was the well being of ALL of humanity involved?

Well, she seems to think that she needs the mysterious chemical X for something. It can power spaceships, which is useful, but she already used one of those to get to the planet. I'm sure that one of the notes we read mentioned that they were worried about not being able to pay for the auxbots. Traveling over a hundred light years was the cheap part of the expedition? Faster-than-light space travel seems downright trivial. Just why does she need to harvest the oculoid food? What does she need it for?

>Ask her about that.

Also, the Gentleman is going to come back as a Powerpuff Girl. Calling it now.

chewie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: February 21, 2011, 02:41:37 am »

Well, she seems to think that she needs the mysterious chemical X for something. It can power spaceships, which is useful, but she already used one of those to get to the planet. I'm sure that one of the notes we read mentioned that they were worried about not being able to pay for the auxbots. Traveling over a hundred light years was the cheap part of the expedition? Faster-than-light space travel seems downright trivial. Just why does she need to harvest the oculoid food? What does she need it for?

It's like oil. Just another fuel for humanitys so-called "progress". Just that this time it involves animal cruelty. Causing more problems than it solves, and the humans don't really need it (since they were able to travel huge distances anyway).

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: February 21, 2011, 06:15:00 am »

It's like oil. Just another fuel for humanitys so-called "progress". Just that this time it involves animal cruelty. Causing more problems than it solves, and the humans don't really need it (since they were able to travel huge distances anyway).

Uh... Oil has like three different industries depending on it. Humanity's so-called "progress" has given us plastics. We have "progress" to blame for the fuel burned every day by the massive fleet of trucks that keeps the grocery store next door stocked with bananas in the middle of winter. I bet Dr. Feringus has some really good cause she needs the phlebotinum for. She's expecting to gain quite a bit of fame, prestige and money from this, isn't she?

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: February 21, 2011, 07:36:14 am »

Everything we do, we do it for the people.

Also, remember we're free.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: February 21, 2011, 08:28:59 am »

The gentelman is a *robot* remember? there can always be a backup somewhere. Hell, from what we've seen personality and memories might be a small file linked up to a standard framework and everything that makes the gentleman be different from us might fit on a floppy.

> QUICK! Rip out your ears and close your eyes so she can't give you orders! Everyone we'd *want* to talk to use telepathy anyway.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: February 21, 2011, 02:00:01 pm »

Ask her what happened to the Skree village
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: February 21, 2011, 05:10:57 pm »

> QUICK! Rip out your ears and close your eyes so she can't give you orders! Everyone we'd *want* to talk to use telepathy anyway.
No. That would be stupid. Besides, do YOU see ears on AG?

Explain what gentleman did to Skree. And what Skree said as it died.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 168