Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 168

Author Topic: [ISG] Adventure Guy! - Epilogue  (Read 490145 times)

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Final Round 16.26: Endgame.
« Reply #2400 on: March 01, 2011, 02:59:21 am »

Good show!

I say, we are quite disloyal to humanity.

How? We have not done anything to be disloyal. If anything we have morals and ethics we live by. We did not want to kill the doctor at any point, nor did we want to destroy humanity.

This task will ultimately save the human race.
Except that it won't because we're stopping it.

Also, I vote rain-song powers!

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Final Round 16.26: Endgame.
« Reply #2401 on: March 01, 2011, 03:04:22 am »

Good show!

I say, we are quite disloyal to humanity.

How? We have not done anything to be disloyal. If anything we have morals and ethics we live by. We did not want to kill the doctor at any point, nor did we want to destroy humanity.

This task will ultimately save the human race.
Except that it won't because we're stopping it.

Also, I vote rain-song powers!

Nooo not rain song powers. We want the one that makes the storm goes away. The rain song is what pisses the oculoids off. We want the song that calms them down. The one we played on the Piano to make the storm go away and the sun come out.
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Final Round 16.27: Endgame.
« Reply #2402 on: March 01, 2011, 03:14:23 am »

oh, no nononononoo...

it's the song of storms that cools the place, remember?

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: March 01, 2011, 03:24:35 am »

oh, no nononononoo...

it's the song of storms that cools the place, remember?

The song of storm is what causes massive skree to get made and attack us, it also causes lightning storms. We need the song that calms the storm, and calms the skree's.
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: March 01, 2011, 03:26:53 am »

This isn't a storm, this is a planet being too hot.

the music box creates storms by cooling the planet.

we play the music box.

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: March 01, 2011, 03:27:43 am »

Relating calm with water in this situation is not the correct way to go about it.

Relate the movement that the song creates.

In a storm there is a lot of movement and energy, it also pisses of Oucloids off.

With the Calming storm song, there is a calm serine weather which is created. A slowing down of movement, a slowing down of atoms etc

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: March 01, 2011, 05:04:44 am »

What? No. Dr. Feringus just explained it. The Song of Storms causes some kind of endothermic reaction in the magic energy goop that spits in the face of entropy. When we play the music box, the goop grows, cooling the planet, and the rapid cooling causes storms. FACADE stops the storms, presumably by stabilizing the magic energy goop. What we want to do here is cool the planet, not calm the weather. Or calm the oculoids, for that matter. If we have to deal with a rabid horde of berserking oculoids afterwards, well, that just means that they're still alive and we succeeded.

So... It seems that we finally have an actual reason to play the music box. :P What I'm wondering is whether we should just play it right away, or maybe play it somewhere else, or maybe ask Claire what she thinks.

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: March 01, 2011, 02:34:51 pm »

What ever music we play, we have to play it when the energy is completely dispersed from the ship.

If there is no time, then we have to turn on everything automatically and run away from the ship.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 02:53:55 pm by mnjiman »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: March 01, 2011, 02:58:21 pm »

> Tell her to think more carefully and try to come up with a non-obvious engineering solution to the problem.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: March 01, 2011, 03:13:19 pm »

> Tell her to think more carefully and try to come up with a non-obvious engineering solution to the problem.

Generally I just let you guys think up whatever you can, but "get another character to come up with something clever that works because I can't" is just kind of missing the entire point of the game, really :P

Teh_Havvers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: March 01, 2011, 03:48:40 pm »

Does the ship have external speakers by chance? (Or any sort of sound amplifiers that can transmit sound to the outside?)

If so, I suggest we disperse all but what's required to get home plus a little extra, blare the song the causes the energy goo to cool the planet over the speakers then run like hell in the ship. That's also the song that causes oculoids to go berserk, right? Right?

Edit: failing that, could we fire the ship's engines in sequence to play out the song somehow? Or does the ship use a reactionless drive?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 03:52:28 pm by Teh_Havvers »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: March 01, 2011, 04:20:51 pm »

Generally I just let you guys think up whatever you can, but "get another character to come up with something clever that works because I can't" is just kind of missing the entire point of the game, really :P
Thats not the reason. Ity's in character, after all SHE is the scientist.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: March 01, 2011, 04:56:13 pm »

play the music box

stay on the planet regardless. we are the new mnemnem
What do you think? Yes? No?

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: March 01, 2011, 05:31:35 pm »

This started as a ridiculous conversation on #bay12games. I assure you that it made sense in my head. :P

> AG: Play the music box in accordance to your data banks of ancient caricatures and stereotypes

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: March 01, 2011, 07:36:55 pm »

Wicked, and added to new fanart spoiler tag in the OP (though there's only two images there). I'll get working on an update once there's some sort of, I don't know, consensus I guess? Wide range of opinions here, each mostly in direct opposition to other suggestions.
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 168