Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 168

Author Topic: [ISG] Adventure Guy! - Epilogue  (Read 493329 times)

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Final Round 16.27: Endgame.
« Reply #2415 on: March 01, 2011, 08:11:44 pm »

Ill go with what everyone is saying, and replace everything my original statement said, but insert music box instead of Calming Storm music.
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Final Round 16.27: Endgame.
« Reply #2416 on: March 01, 2011, 08:13:26 pm »

Adjusted Action:

We know how to cool this area down. We must play the "Music Box". We just have to amplify it enough to have some effect with the help of the ship and the Doctor.

The only way to do this though is to get her help.
Explain to the Doctor how to cool off the Core and you know the music box can do it.. Explain how you need the doctors assistance. Tell her she has a chance to make everything right, and this is her chance to help relieve the guilt she has on her shoulders. If she really is sorry for what she has done, she will help us.

What we have to do:
We have to release all but a tiny amount of energy the ship has taken back into the core, at the same time play the music box. I am sure the ship has speakers of some sort.
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Guy! - Final Round 16.28: Endgame.
« Reply #2417 on: March 02, 2011, 02:55:45 am »

Explain to the Doctor how to cool off the Core

An idea strikes you. Reactions. You need to make the energy react.

You are pretty sure this will work. Better tell the doctor.

You enter the ship, finding Feringus working at the controls panel. A new mechanism you didn’t see before is hanging down, a small bit of energy floating in it. The white energy is flickering along the insides of the walls in massive amounts, incredibly unstable and entirely uncontained.

“So you’ve decided to go back, then,” she says as you enter, not turning around from the console. “That’s understandable. Wait here and the ship will leave shortly.”

stay on the planet regardless.

You tell her that you’re planning on staying no matter what happens – but even better than that, you have an idea. You take out the music box and tell her that if it could cause storms when played on the surface, it could probably react even more intensely when played in here, maybe even enough to reverse the planet’s meltdown.

Claire marvels at the small music box as you hold it out. “…Amazing. The same trinket that lead us to discover the planet’s cooling mysteries helps solve them as well. Yes. Yes, I think that would work. Hold on, I’m ready to vent the energy.”

There is a woooosh as the energy seems to seep into the walls and disappear. The interior darkens again.

You ask whether the ship has speakers that you could use to amplify the music box’s sound.

“No— …well. Once. We took them out when we set up the piano. Didn’t think we’d need them again. But no matter. I think the vibrations will be close enough to cause a react more than strong enough to lower the temperature acceptably. Perhaps more than enou…”

The last of what she says is just outside your hearing range as you rush down the ramp and back outside. You don’t know how much time you have left. Energy has begun to flood back out from the ship. You’ve got to do this now before anything else can go wrong.

play the music box.

You put your hand on the music box’s wind-up handle. All right. This thing better do what it’s supposed to for once. You prepare to turn it.

“Robot, stop. Completely. Do not move. Do not play the music box. Do not respond to me. Those are all orders.”

You feel yourself freeze up as the overriding functions following an order close off your will.

Feringus has caught up with you. You can only partially see her, unable to turn your head.

“The ship will be leaving shortly. I understand that you want to stay here. I warn you now that the reactions we will encounter shortly… will be rather strong. I cannot predict exactly how so. But I suspect the planet will become exceptionally volatile, and dangerous. Things may be hard for you.”

She takes the music box delicately from your unresisting hands.

“I don’t mean to interrupt your task. I mean to take it for myself. I have a terrible weight hanging over me. It must be relieved. I owe it to the cr— …the oculoids. This is my burden. I will not allow you to involve yourself further.

The ship’s door seals behind you, cutting through the still-extended ramp. It begins to float away, you with it.

“I used to hear these cries, robot. For maybe a year now. Screaming out in my nights. Sleeping was… all but impossible. I believed that Les was cursing me for abandoning him, that maybe if I had gone back I might have been able to find him before his injuries took him... that if I hadn’t been so damned insistent on finding the energy source then maybe this entire nightmare could have been avoided.

“I no longer believe those cries to have been Les’ now. Robot, I used to… I have… I have these dreams where…” She trails off.

“No. No more nightmares. Let us leave those behind.”

The energy has now fully vented from the ship, which crackles black ever more.

“I will give you one final order, robot. And this one you will obey immediately and to the letter.”

She holds up the music box with a great air of finality.

Run, robot.”

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: March 02, 2011, 03:50:02 am »

Run around in a circle, grabbing her and the music box. play the music box, and toss it back. Run out of the chamber with the Doctor

>.>

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: March 02, 2011, 06:01:41 am »

>Obey the doctor's order immediately and to the letter.

Not that there are many places to run to.

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2420 on: March 02, 2011, 06:17:28 am »

We need to try and save the doctor.  She knows what she did was wrong, and we are going to need help with maintenance and repairing the damage done.

Run around in a circle, grabbing her and the music box. play the music box, and toss it back. Run out of the chamber with the Doctor

>.>
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: March 02, 2011, 06:29:10 am »

Run around in a circle, accidentally grabbing her and the music box. play the music box, and toss it back. Run out of the chamber with the Doctor

>.>

See? It will be an 'accident'. Thus, not ignoring of orders!
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: March 02, 2011, 09:05:14 am »

* Armok is speechless
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: March 02, 2011, 12:42:14 pm »

* Tylui is in tears

Best story evar.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: March 02, 2011, 01:32:11 pm »

^That.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: March 02, 2011, 01:33:52 pm »

No. We run. She is accepting her fate, and if we save her.. Well, what if she tries to get out of life again....
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: March 02, 2011, 01:38:46 pm »

Oh man, you know what? I forgot to put the dog on the ship.

Well, uh... he's there. Just pretend you can see him for now and I'll edit him in later :U

e- Okay, I replaced that image with the dog added. Shift-F5 if he's not there still.

ee- This isn't super relevant to this post, but I don't feel like continuing to bump the thread myself without an update to show for it, so: Final update is about written, with the exception of not knowing if Feringus is going to be brought or not since it's sort of on the line now, and it's a lot of panels and mostly original art. I've a midterm tomorrow so I'll be working on it after that and most of the weekend. I'm thinking Sunday at the latest, probably Saturday (but no guarantees!). So yeah.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 07:41:56 pm by Retro »

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: March 02, 2011, 04:56:18 pm »

Tears stream down the face of terrahex

We need to try and save the doctor.  She knows what she did was wrong, and we are going to need help with maintenance and repairing the damage done.

>.>

I'm in agreeance, though we should try not looking so stupid.
What do you think? Yes? No?

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: March 02, 2011, 05:27:51 pm »

Hmm.. While I see the brilliance in.. the running in circle thing, I think it would be more.. appropriate to simply do what she says and run.

Besides, look at the platform, how are we going to run in a circle?

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: March 02, 2011, 05:36:28 pm »

I think we should honor her word. Let her do this.

Either we run and let her finish this on her own accord, taking her life with her, or we try to save her and make her live with what she has done.
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 168