Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

So I caught a Skeletal Giant Eagle...

<< < (7/7)

Osmosis Jones:

--- Quote from: TaintedMustard on July 23, 2010, 06:34:44 am ---
--- Quote from: Osmosis Jones on July 23, 2010, 05:38:41 am ---Also, watch out; undead are building destroyers, so you'll need constructions etc to pin them in place.

--- End quote ---

Pretty sure metal doors and hatches will keep them out.

--- End quote ---

What a door is made of will have absolutely no effect on how resistant it is to building destroyers, only if it will burn or melt in certain situations. Doors and hatches are both destroyable, and whether they are talc or adamantine, they are going down.

That said, flying creatures will not target an object in a seperate pathing zone (as in, if a walking creature can't reach it at all), so a bridge raised away from the graviary *might* be safe. Whether or not flyers can random-ly path into a tile in a seperate pathing mesh is unknown however.

Funtimes:

--- Quote from: Osmosis Jones on July 23, 2010, 10:14:28 am ---What a door is made of will have absolutely no effect on how resistant it is to building destroyers, only if it will burn or melt in certain situations. Doors and hatches are both destroyable, and whether they are talc or adamantine, they are going down.
--- End quote ---

I (and the Wiki) disagree there. Building Destroyer 1 only destroy wooden doors.

But given how rarely you see those compared to the bigger, badder variety, it's easy not to notice the difference. Unless you insist on playing Haunted every time.

Osmosis Jones:
I'll test it tomorrow. If it's the same as in 40d, tame creatures should still building destroy, and I have a giant scorpion from the elves in a cage.

ZaDoktor:

--- Quote from: MetalSlimeHunt on July 23, 2010, 06:58:26 am ---Make a trade depo right outside your main entrance. Chain the eagle to the top of said entrance, and then negotiate with the elves as they have to watch a gigantic flying skelleton thrash at them throught the entire trade, only saved from being torn apart by your chains. Although, they might try to attack it, so consider caging it instead.

--- End quote ---

I actually set an animal stockpile next to my trade depot room just out of necessity. I can just imagine the Humans as they walk down my main hall, see the Eagle in a cage, and then begin trading.

Unnerving to say the least.

--- Quote from: Black Bellamy on July 23, 2010, 09:38:47 am ---I would just put it in a zoo.

--- End quote ---

You're not thinking like a TRUE DORF.

--- Quote from: Osmosis Jones on July 23, 2010, 11:27:02 am ---I'll test it tomorrow. If it's the same as in 40d, tame creatures should still building destroy, and I have a giant scorpion from the elves in a cage.

--- End quote ---

I'm also interested. I'd love to add [PET] and [TRAIN] to these things and make some War Skeletal Giant Eagles, but it'd be too much Fun to have them destroy everything in the fort.

I know that animals, even tamed, will be hostile if they tasted Dwarven blood. One of my eagles killed 2 war dogs. Would that make it hostile to dogs even if it's tamed, or is this just a dwarf only thing?

This reminds me of an artifact in my fort, a magnetite amulet that shows a picture of a human surrounding my Eagles, relating to him taming eagles of suchandsuch mountain. I take that as a good omen. Anything humans can do, Dwarves can do better! Let's have some Undead Pets!

Osmosis Jones:
The result is in; no bloody idea. The GDS has the tag, I made sure of that, but it isn't attacking any structure, wooden or otherwise, even when in the tile adjacent to it. We'll need someone with a fresh caught creature instead, methinks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version